Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    From here, I can't convince you of how absolutely amazing Priest healing is....and it IS...but let me throw something out there in case you may possibly admit quietly to yourself that you and your raid group don't always play perfectly: a DiscPriest with Desperate Prayer doesn't die. Sure that sounds like a PvP concern, but bear with me. Adds spawn on you and the Resto Druid on Rhyo: Fade and lol. Accidentally stand in something (or are forced to because someone else did too and you MUST finish that heal or they will die): Desperate Prayer/Heathstone macro or Binding Heal. Upstairs on Beth? Bubble/Binding/PoM and you and the tank are golden (plus Prayer when the other guys get there, I just mean the "I just got up here" part.)
    We have great throughput, no mana issues as Disc, 2 quite different healy specs and a nice DPS option when needed, flashy pretty spells especially when they give back our DA bubbles, and a toolbox that may seem overwhelming but is so full of win when you learn when/where to use all of it. There are things I love about my Resto Shaman and Druid but I always miss my Priest tools when I play them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Disc priest says "mana? what is that?".
    I only stopped oom'ing on Beth'tilac last week : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this guys! Oh and yea, I actually have 7 85s at the moment. Been playing a Holy Paladin since I started playing mid-TBC. Played it up until Firelands hit. Rolled Warlock but kinda missed the healing team and was kinda bored of the paladin healing style. And since I like the "holy theme" I kinda got drawn to my priest who's been sitting on my characterlist for mainly disenchanting this expansion due to not having time to get into priest healing with raiding and work taking up all my time.

And I can honestly say, you convinced me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Why roll a priest (Healer)

1. Healers make the raid successful or unsuccessful. Period full stop, no argument. Yes an encounter is easier with a great tank. DPS can be outstanding. But in today's raid environment one bad healer can make the raid fail. They must heal the great tank, they must keep the awesome dps alive. They will die unless they are healed. Priests have always been viable healers. They are the balance point around all the other classes are measured.

2. Healing especially priest healing gives you another perspective on how the game is played. You see immediately everyone's mistakes. You feel the encounter going to long. You know when the tank needs to roll a cooldown but hasn't. You see someone in fire. You have the power of life and death. Priests have the biggest tool box fix things that are broken and know when something is not being done.

3. Healing especially priest healing brings great satisfaction. You killed the boss because you kept the raid alive. You healed the group through mistakes, you carry bad tanks, you let stupid people die.

4. If you enjoy passive aggressive power, then be a priest.

prayer of mending is the coolest spell in the game.
    Gladiator Underbyte

Deleted
    The best healing cooldown in the game, DH, healing a 10man raid where everyone has 1% hp to full in the matter of 4 seconds, 3min CD, awesome as fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    The best healing cooldown in the game, DH, healing a 10man raid where everyone has 1% hp to full in the matter of 4 seconds, 3min CD, awesome as fuck.
    Awesome cooldown that doesn't even exist on Live yet!

Deleted
    We Priests has Shiney golden spell effects <3 thats reason enough to roll one.

Serious now.
    Priests are the most versatile healing class there is, we can fulfil any role with good efficiency.
    If u want to dps as offspec for a change u get the most awesome class to do it with and thats ofc shadow.

I mained a DK through naxx tanked with her and got bored, took a mage after mained it through last weeks of naxx up to LK kill in march and i had alot of fun with the mage. I decided to lvl a priest cuz of the awesome 2 priests we had in our 10-man strict at the time, well here i am im hooked and i honestly can say that i wont main any other class than the priest. The priest has been my only 85 for a long time as i just couldnt find the fun in any other class. Since 2 months my mage joined the 85 club did a few HC's fto get FL ready and now i only play on the mage when we do alt runs.

Deleted
    best looking tiers in game for transmogrification
    great toolbox and able to fill any role, 2 speccs + if you tweak your gear it'll be good for shadow too.
    best healer dps in game!
    agressive pvp play

I always found Fade, Prayer of Mending and Prayer of Healing to be fun tools to have.

Last edited by Muoteck; 2011-11-01 at 06:38 PM.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".