Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kiristus View Post
    An extra tick to a 3 second heal over time spell versus having 15% increased heals on all heals you cast. Think about that.
    The fact that you say this makes me think ALL you've done is perhaps BG testing, or 5 man testing for what you "Think" I did 9 hours of PTR testing today, and after those 9 hours my healing break down was pretty much Holy Radiance and that's it. Pro Tip: Holy Radiance doesn't work with Mastery, and if you have actually done ANY kind of significant testing (I honestly don't call normal modes testing either, since they aren't meant to be hard or ground breaking) then you'd realize Holy Radiance as is, is our top heal.

So you can think that stacking mastery is good all you want, but you wont be able to keep up with the vast amount of healing needed for an actual raid setting. Heroic Morchock for example, it's a game of Move, Heal, Move, Heal, Move, Heal, Regen....... repeat. Guess what, the haste is going to benefit your healing more then putting small shields on everyone (You wont have time to even FoL everyone before you have to move again)
    Heroic Yor'sahj: Im not going to comment on this one due to how broken it was on the PTR (Prob due to current gear)
    Heroic Zon'ozz: Again another raid healing fight (Unless your guild doesn't kill purple, then it's more of a Chim style fight). If im correct, and im pretty sure I am, the only times you wont be stacked is with Yellow and Red at the same time.
    Heroic Ultraxion: Just one big massive raid heal fight. And once you get the buff that makes it so spells cost 75% less mana and gives you 100% more haste it's even more beneficial. You also cannot argue that since you get this buff (Later in the fight) going haste is pointless since you get 100% more, because you're going to need that haste before the buff is active. As the fight stands right now, in order to reach the enrage, you're going to have to 3 heal with all the DPS doing ~52k DPS

So fact of the matter is, while you may believe that mastery is better, all the fights in Demon Soul are fairly stacked fights where you're going to need the haste to keep up with the raid healing. Since you don't want to post numbers and go off what you feel. I won't post numbers and go off what's REAL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    This is literally the only source for holy pally 4.3 theorycrafting that I know of, is there any way to sim the stats?

EDIT: In 4.3 raids.
    Code:
    Burst		Spi	Crit	Mast	Haste
    Beacon       	-	75	-	105
    Primary Target	-	60	100	105
    AoE		-	80	65	140

Overall healing	Spi	Crit	Mast	Haste
    Beacon		25	70	-	75
    Primary Target	60	45	70	10	
    AoE		160	30	30	15
    A value of 100 means that for that specific row, intellect gives the same amount of raw healing per stat/rating point. As such, don't try to directly compare values from different rows. Also, keep in mind that these are raw numbers and that they may vary a bit depending on gear and circumstances (especially haste and AoE which is based on reaching the softcap).

The values for spirit can also be a bit off. I suspect that the AoE value is too high as it is based on a modified version of the excel sheet posted in this thread. And that sheet didn't include all mana regen sources. In reality it is probably closer to 130-140 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias
    Pro Tip: Holy Radiance doesn't work with Mastery,
    just one big massive raid heal fight. And once you get the buff that makes it so spells cost 75% less mana and gives you 100% more haste it's even more beneficial.
    That contradicts what everyone else is saying which is that mastery works on the initial heal but not the HoT.

If you add 100% haste, haste actually drops below crit and mastery for AoE burst due to the GCD cap coming into play.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the initial heal of HR definitely is affected by mastery.

Healing breakdown on the PTR yesterday for me was something like
    Holy Radiance 52%
    Light of Dawn 14%
    Mastery 12% (~9.87, +1.87)
    Beacon/holy shock/poti/dl 20%
    holy light/flash of light/wog/etc ~2%

something along those lines, this is the overall percentages for all the fights together (no trash).

Deleted
    int - spirit - haste /thread?

For Raid healing or any fight where you are heavily using Holy Radiance:
    INT>Spirit>Haste to 950>Mastery>Crit>Haste past 950

For standard tank focused healing while maximizing beacon output (our typical 4.2 role):
    INT>Spirit>Haste>Mastery/Crit

For single tank target only focus:
    INT>Spirit>Mastery>Crit>Haste

Most pallies are going to want to go with either the first or second option; the straight mastery stacking route is going to be too narrowly focused. Whether you go with straight haste stacking or only stacking haste to ~950 will depend on how much you are raid healing and using Holy Radiance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajwon View Post
    Yes, the initial heal of HR definitely is affected by mastery.

Healing breakdown on the PTR yesterday for me was something like
    Holy Radiance 52%
    Light of Dawn 14%
    Mastery 12% (~9.87, +1.87)
    Beacon/holy shock/poti/dl 20%
    holy light/flash of light/wog/etc ~2%

something along those lines, this is the overall percentages for all the fights together (no trash).
    Thanks for sharing. Do you remember your overall HPS versus others healers?

Lol@Emaias. You're rather amusing. Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    LoL Tatsu and Nillo would understand LOL
    Feeling a twinge of deja vu, Skulldancer? :P
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kiristus View Post
    Lol@Emaias. You're rather amusing. Thanks for the post
    Funny I could say the same thing about you seeing as nobody has agreed with you and you have been pretty much laughed at. Im sorry what was your data to support this? Oh, oh thats right, you don't have any, and cannot be bothered to post any because you feel like it's not necessary? I forgot theorycrafting was based on feelings and opinions not actual facts or in this case common knowledge.

Based on your way of thinking, I should be able to fly, because in my opinion I weigh less then all the air around me, thus granting me the ability to rise above it.

@Ajwon I had about the same numbers. I think my HR was a little bit higher, may be due to better gear/raid comp but mine looked like
    Holy Radiance 65%
    LoD 20%
    Mastery 7%
    DL 5%
    Other 3%

@Shae Hpallies are pretty nice right now, as I stated before and as most know, every fight is pretty stacked and therefore HR is our new "WotLK Holy Light" spam and win.
    H Morchok ~33k HPS
    H Zon'ozz Pretty broken and no guilds downed him except BL (They pulled as he was being taken down as I heard and he had no abilities). So not gonna comment on him
    H Yor'sahj Healing here is a bit weird due to the mechanics; Worst Possible Scenario I was doing ~40k HPS and on spread out phases / not killing purple about ~27k HPS
    H Ultra ~47k HPS (This is also without the buffs, we got him to mid 60's before being over run with damage, and people not getting out with Fading Light due to Lag/MS)

TLR Healing is pretty quick and comes in huge bursts in every fight, with actual gear the numbers surely wont be this high, also with an actual strat in place.

I'm currently stacking Int>Spirit>Mastery>Haste>Crit, my mastery is around 32% of my healing. It's not top healing spell, and i compete with the disc priest.

Haste is still going to be your priority stat after Intellect and Spirit. Those who say it is less important now that HR works differently are wrong. If anything, it's the same or more important as HR is now a casted spell and also adds "ticks" to your target which increases as your haste increases. The toss up for last place is still going to be mastery and crit, depending on if you raid heal or only specifically heal the tanks. Mastery being slightly better for tank healing as the bubble is almost garanteed to be used, crit being better for raid healing as bubbles from mastery are frequently lost on raid members. There's always going to be "debate" on things like play-style, but haste is just always going to be the better throughput stat, until crit becomes less random and mastery becomes more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Feeling a twinge of deja vu, Skulldancer? :P
    wildness lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kemical View Post
    I'm currently stacking Int>Spirit>Mastery>Haste>Crit, my mastery is around 32% of my healing. It's not top healing spell, and i compete with the disc priest.
    Ummm im confused? Disc Priests aren't top healers anymore. If you said "Im keeping up with the Resto Druid" or "Im keeping up with the HPriest on the PTR" then this means something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Funny I could say the same thing about you seeing as nobody has agreed with you and you have been pretty much laughed at. Im sorry what was your data to support this? Oh, oh thats right, you don't have any, and cannot be bothered to post any because you feel like it's not necessary? I forgot theorycrafting was based on feelings and opinions not actual facts or in this case common knowledge.

Based on your way of thinking, I should be able to fly, because in my opinion I weigh less then all the air around me, thus granting me the ability to rise above it.

@Ajwon I had about the same numbers. I think my HR was a little bit higher, may be due to better gear/raid comp but mine looked like
    Holy Radiance 65%
    LoD 20%
    Mastery 7%
    DL 5%
    Other 3%

@Shae Hpallies are pretty nice right now, as I stated before and as most know, every fight is pretty stacked and therefore HR is our new "WotLK Holy Light" spam and win.
    H Morchok ~33k HPS
    H Zon'ozz Pretty broken and no guilds downed him except BL (They pulled as he was being taken down as I heard and he had no abilities). So not gonna comment on him
    H Yor'sahj Healing here is a bit weird due to the mechanics; Worst Possible Scenario I was doing ~40k HPS and on spread out phases / not killing purple about ~27k HPS
    H Ultra ~47k HPS (This is also without the buffs, we got him to mid 60's before being over run with damage, and people not getting out with Fading Light due to Lag/MS)

TLR Healing is pretty quick and comes in huge bursts in every fight, with actual gear the numbers surely wont be this high, also with an actual strat in place.
    Sorry for bothering you but its the first feedback I see based on numbers and not feelings si I wont let you go so easily

How much spirit/haste/ilevel Did you have during these test?

Did you feel confortable with your mana?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Ummm im confused? Disc Priests aren't top healers anymore. If you said "Im keeping up with the Resto Druid" or "Im keeping up with the HPriest on the PTR" then this means something
    Rdruids are at bottom on ptr (dont know bout disc priests tho)

I had roughly same numbers with 3200 spirit and about 1900 haste
    Ill probably not go for more than 2200 haste or so, unless gear itemization will force me to, since on heroic fights im pretty much spamming hr all day long, and dmg is not THAT bursty
    Last edited by deviancee; 2011-11-04 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    I had roughly same numbers with 3200 spirit and about 1900 haste
    Ill probably not go for more than 2200 haste or so, unless gear itemization will force me to, since on heroic fights im pretty much spamming hr all day long, and dmg is not THAT bursty
    If your spamming HR all the time than haste is a better stat for throughput.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by Shae View Post
    Sorry for bothering you but its the first feedback I see based on numbers and not feelings si I wont let you go so easily

Did you feel confortable with your mana?
    My ILevel is 390, Spirit was about 2700, haste was about 2560 (I have a few Dragon Soul Pieces)
    I was pretty comfortable on my mana, except on Ultra, that fight is a beast right now, and in current gear just nuts.

Fights like Morchok you get a very nice regen phase so mana wasn't really an issue there
    Zon'ozz fight was pretty broken in terms of mechanics, but mana seemed fine
    Yor'sajh dont gotta worry about mana too much since the Cobalt will restore it to at least 90% every time it comes out (Dont have locks near the void when it explodes)
    And I already talked about Ultra

@Deviancee: I figured when people read "Or HPriests on the PTR" they would of figured RDruids meant live. I am very aware of the fact that RDruids are at the bottom, and will be one of the most unsought after healers since they don't bring a Raid CD (Mainly Damage Reduction) and just had Tranq which isn't as great.
    Also, im curious how many healers you brought in for Heroics O.o or if you were doing normals. Because the heroics I was doing at least the damage was very bursty.

Morchok for example, It was Stack > Stomp > Pre Emp HR > Move Group to Crystal > HR > Crystal Goes Boom > HR > Stomp > Pre Emp HR > Move Group to Crystal Repeat. And when I mean move group to crystal I mean just get them in a place where the soakers aren't far from group for the stomp (Since they get knocked up).

Zon'ozz was ok healing wise, not too bad unless someone isn't cleansing/running out

Yor'sajh depending on what setup you had could be extremely bursty on healing, or conservative

And if you did any testing on Heroic Ultra you wouldn't of said the damage is bursty as the longer the fight goes on the quicker the damage comes.
    Last edited by Emaias; 2011-11-04 at 05:55 PM.

Morchok for example, It was Stack > Stomp > Pre Emp HR > Move Group to Crystal > HR > Crystal Goes Boom > HR > Stomp > Pre Emp HR > Move Group to Crystal Repeat. And when I mean move group to crystal I mean just get them in a place where the soakers aren't far from group for the stomp (Since they get knocked up).

Zon'ozz was ok healing wise, not too bad unless someone isn't cleansing/running out

Yor'sajh depending on what setup you had could be extremely bursty on healing, or conservative

And if you did any testing on Heroic Ultra you wouldn't of said the damage is bursty as the longer the fight goes on the quicker the damage comes.

On Morchok when everyone was doing what they were supposed to do damage really wasnt that high, but 2-3 people missing and its a mess

Zon'ozz dark phase was pain in the ass, but with proper chain CDs it wont be that brutal, assuming that you bounce the orb enough times

Yorsajh seemed not really doable in current gear, but yeah, i remember one of combination killed us pretty fast

And on ultraxion - yes, i did testing on him, and damage was steady, not bursty, so you just have to keep casting from 100% till 0% - i believe id have some mana problems later, but it also depends on what buff would i get (do you know what class benefits the most from haste/mana cost one?)

stat priority doesnt change at all, haste is still the top secondary stat, mastery is only useful for tank healing and if you go pure tank healing spec then you will suck at everything else. holy radiance is a nice spammable aoe heal come 4.3, mastery is often wasted alot of the time do at least 50% of the mastery done by healing would be worthless so thats why haste is the stat to go for as increases in a linear scale of which a cap cant be reached even in hc dragon soul gear.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    stat priority doesnt change at all, haste is still the top secondary stat, mastery is only useful for tank healing and if you go pure tank healing spec then you will suck at everything else. holy radiance is a nice spammable aoe heal come 4.3, mastery is often wasted alot of the time do at least 50% of the mastery done by healing would be worthless so thats why haste is the stat to go for as increases in a linear scale of which a cap cant be reached even in hc dragon soul gear.
    I agree with you, but not your logic. You are assuming %50 of absorbs goto overheal and none of your casted? Sure a robot with future prediction could heal and never overheal but there will always be at least some overheal. And 50% is alot of absorbs going to waste. Fights like morchok, zonozz, ultraxion, yorsaj and deathwing all have lots and lots of raidwide aoe. I would dare say less than 10% of mastery goes to waste, and the amount of overheal throught player error or crits are consistantly more than mastery overheal.