Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Interesting question...

What level of canon is TOR?

I remember reading somewhere that Lucas Arts gave Bioware free reign with the lore, so, yeah... Just how canon is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Interesting question...

I remember reading somewhere that Lucas Arts gave Bioware free reign with the lore, so, yeah... Just how canon is it?
    Everything in ToR is Canon, is Daniel erickson has said.

whilst the original Kotor games had the option of non-canonical endings, the ToR game follows the storyline of the Canonical one.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

FYI people its 3000 years BBY

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ruinshin View Post
    Interesting question...

Tht means everything they do in the game is canon George Lucas is 100% behind this game, he tells em what they cant do tho so as to not mess with later canon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    The Old Republic was a thousand years before the movies. They have little in common, especially who dances in their cantinas.

Plus people can speculate all they want, even on official forums, but unless it's commented on by a dev it can usually be ignored.
    Dude, the Sith empire ships totally look like the star destroyers...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Dude, the Sith empire ships totally look like the star destroyers...
    Thats because Palpatine based his empire around this one(canon), look at the empires symbol and look and Palpatines symbol, they are the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    Thats because Palpatine based his empire around this one(canon), look at the empires symbol and look and Palpatines symbol, they are the same
    Oh I know, but they were republic ships as well, I think it started before Palpatine rose to prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Oh I know, but they were republic ships as well, I think it started before Palpatine rose to prominence.
    No it didnt, he designed the symbol for use on their fleet

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry too much about what is posted upon the official forum boards unless it's actually backed up by a developer. Usually, fan sites are the swiftest way to get up to date information regarding a particular game. That's just my opinion and preference, though - but I was turned off by the official forum after witnessing dozens of 'who is stronger darth vader or luke' and 'who wud win in a fite' threads. They're fine in moderation, but when every other thread is drivel...ngh.

TOR is canon. EU is canon.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    You are better off avoiding the official forums like the plague. The massive amounts of misinformed drivel that is spewed on a daily basis is infuriating.

I stopped going there ages ago, its been much better.
    ^^THIS GOD ALMIGHTY THIS!!!

I stop going to the official forums except to see if any new flame wars are going on(once every few days i check just to torture my brain.) MAN it seems that the closer we get to release the more garbage is spewed forth from the mouths if mindless fools that I dont like the official site anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think it would be silly, and likely impossible to only stick to the movies.
    This, and holy shit Judge, your link to the sets I love! Shattered Sun Offensive Champion right there!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    The Old Republic was a thousand years before the movies. They have little in common, especially who dances in their cantinas.

Plus people can speculate all they want, even on official forums, but unless it's commented on by a dev it can usually be ignored.
    Yet sadly they changed the Sith to be the Evil Empire and the Old Republic into the new republic.

I miss my shiny silver Sith-men.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    *male* dancers I think is the point of the thread.
    I think some people need to go watch Farscape's episode "The Flax" and get a quick education on the genders of alien races. Who's to say, based on watching the movies alone (reading none of the commentary or extended universe), that there weren't any male dancers in the movie?

I don't know if I'm more pumped to play a sweet mmo that looks to recapture the feeling I used to have in wow... Or to just watch/ grief the super nerds who breathe Lore and get so worked up, I can't wait.

I am a self admitted lore nerd but I tend to answer people's questions or correct them if they insist on spouting incorrect information and bashing people about it. I tend to stay away from any of TOR's official forum posts on lore because of how heated things get unless it really bugs me. One guy had a post about BW "shooting themselves in the foot" and costing themselves money by not having Mandalorians as a possible race(Mandos aren't a race) and another guy complaining about how BW made a noob mistake by having more than 2 Darths in-game(the Rule of 2 doesn't exist yet and especially not in the true Sith Empire)

Ruinshin, TOR is considered C-canon.

The only problem is, that you can't invent much new weapons because that would screw with the later movie lore. If you would have super lightsabers with extra effects it would not make sense to have primitive ones 3000 years later. That's the only thing that gets problematic once SW:TOR runs for a few years and people want more exciting gear and weapons.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    The only problem is, that you can't invent much new weapons because that would screw with the later movie lore. If you would have super lightsabers with extra effects it would not make sense to have primitive ones 3000 years later. That's the only thing that gets problematic once SW:TOR runs for a few years and people want more exciting gear and weapons.
    That's assuming that technology and knowledge can only improve over time. Look at Europe (specifically the mediterranean) during the Classical Era (Greek and Romans) and then look at the Dark Ages for example.

Bioware created a new Race that's added to the Canon. The Voss. ( http://darthhater.com/2011/11/01/lore-update-voss/ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Voss )They are a few things that will add to Canon. The SW universe is so big that they have a lot of room to add things without stepping on the precious movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems pretty loose enough. as long as

or something doesnt pop up its safe?
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    seems pretty loose enough. as long as

http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/...00_1_10650.jpg

or something doesnt pop up its safe?
    I'd love to see Trekkies in TOR. It would be high-larious.