Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Off topic but, it's always annoyed me druids cant choose their own form.

All the beasts in the game, just need to be divided into 4 catagories: tank, dps, aquatic and speed. Some could occupy more than one catagory e.g. cheetah can be speed or dps.

Similar to how hunters tame pets, druids should be able to "speak" to beasts to get permission to use their form.

There would be no difference other than visual appearance.

Just doesn't make sense that they can shape shift, in to anything they desire - yet they all choose the same animals.

Moonkin I'm ok with, makes some sense for them all to be the same.

woah woah woah, lemme get this straight... Mages are complaining about druids? You have gotta be kidding me. Maybe its you that is the amateur. Rofl, zomg one of my many OP spells doesnt work on only one class QQ. Cry me a friggin river.... crybaby mages...

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    it was more a "why?!" statement, rather than "because the tooltip says so..." :P
    And I said why. Everything in the game has got some sort of counter - whether it is a spell this class or that class has, whether it's some sort of mechanic or tactic, whatever. If one class got one all powerful, uncounterable spell, well that'd be just silly wouldn't it? It just so happens that as a part of the druid tool kit, we get a way to save ourselves from being polymorphed by a mage. Hey, it's not like it's a pally bubble.

Guess Worgens and Taurens should be immune then?

quite simple,

as soon you as a mage or shammy can be cc'd by Scare Beast or my Hibernate, you have my permission to sheep me.

That is one of the most stupid question - well on par with the kind of 12 y/o nerf qq shit I read on wow official forums..

Cats can shapeshift, live with it.

A mage can blink, a rogue can vanish... why? Because they can !! But there is always a counter to any of those.
    Except maybe for the mage.

Why are you trying to bring logic into a fantasy video game where people cast spells?

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason a rogue can't blind "Leotheras the Blind" - Diminishing returns

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Guess Worgens and Taurens should be immune then?
    No. Its their natural "human" form.
    Druid in bear/cat form is already affected by polymorph on his own so it can't be polymorphed again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    quite simple,

as soon you as a mage or shammy can be cc'd by Scare Beast or my Hibernate, you have my permission to sheep me.
    Deal as soon as druids stop being able to dispell CCs. (Hi Cyclone)

Edit: And lol at counting hibernate when it is a druid spell, which means if you face a druid, it's the first to click it or get into animal form. Not to mention that if a hunter can fear you in shapeshift, you can put his pet to sleep while cycloning him (undispellable still) without leaving human form whih means he can't actually fear you.
    Last edited by mmoc249138e732; 2011-10-31 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palilou View Post
    Deal as soon as druids stop being able to dispell CCs. (Hi Cyclone)

Edit: And lol at counting hibernate when it is a druid spell, which means if you face a druid, it's the first to click it or get into animal form. Not to mention that if a hunter can fear you in shapeshift, you can put his pet to sleep while cycloning him (undispellable still) without leaving human form whih means he can't actually fear you.
    Deal when roots become undispellable and not break from too much damage. I can make ridiculous propositions too!

They might not be able to scare beast us while not in form, but mages/shaman poly/hex us in that case; I don't see how your edit is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    quite simple,

Ghost Wolf says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    One polymorph still lasts almost as long as three cyclones, right?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Ghost Wolf says hi.
    Tremor totem says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    At that point, I would say - let them be susceptible to polymorph, but shifting to a different form breaks it. Let that separate the true druids from those that are weak and amateur.
    What's that Paper? Rock's fine but scissors is too much?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Druids: the one class Blizz likes more than Mages.
    Yea, right. Good story bro. You must still be playing on a BC private server.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

You, as a humanoid, are immune to Scare Beast and Hibernate.

We, as beasts, are immune to Polymorph and Hex.

so what's the issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aabrahm View Post
    woah woah woah, lemme get this straight... Mages are complaining about druids? You have gotta be kidding me. Maybe its you that is the amateur. Rofl, zomg one of my many OP spells doesnt work on only one class QQ. Cry me a friggin river.... crybaby mages...
    You did read the OP post carefully didn't you and posted something constructive right? He's raising a question, not asking to be treated like an asshole.

OT: Polymorph should work, it is a total loss of control. Hex on the other hand is only a polymorph effect with a silence with no restrictions on movement therefore not a total loss of control, it is also considered a curse not magic .
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2011-11-01 at 04:16 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    There are NPC polymorph/hexes that a druid CANT shift out of. However, I would say it has to do with Pvp balance. Druid were, for a long, long time, doing crappy damage, but couldnt barely be controled by range due to the ability to get out of snares, fear, and polymorphs, which is all that they had. However, Cata came along, Ferals got 30% pvp damage buff, and were granted Control, Healing capability, and burst. Thus, we lost our fear immunity, our near-snare immunity down to 2 snare removal, ect, ect.

Still, Warriors only have Fear, Sap, and Incapacitate immunity, Rogues have a single 5 sec pure immunity, plus smokebomb, which can be considered spell cast immunity, DKs have Magic immunity, while Ret and Enhance are simply screwed. Well, Ret can remove roots, but, thats fairly mana expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Polymorph and Hex only work on humanoids, yes?

Druid in shapeshift form is considered a beast. Can you polymorph the cats in ZA? or the Snakes in ZG?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.