Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why can't we Polymorph or Hex druids?

The only form that's logical for us not to polymorph or hex is Tree of Life as it's considered an elemental form, but moonkin, catform, bearform and so on are considered beasts, and you can Polymorph and Hex beasts.

SO WHY CAN'T WE POLYMORPH OR HEX DRUIDS?!

Does anyone have a logical explanation to this?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Druids: the one class Blizz likes more than Mages.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Druids are already in a form. Just something druids have.

Because logic doesn't work much in this game sometimes, also when they are shape shifted they can't be changed by much at all. (I think if you could poly them they would go back to caster form and would have to re-shape shift... probably a design issue).
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

Well, Druids are the one class that is based around the ability to change their form at will. Shifting them into a sheep would be more of an inconvenience if you don't know how to shift your form into a cat, bear, cheeta and sad ugly platapus.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I think the explanation is that they have complete control over their physical form (obviously because they are shape-shifters) so trying to force them into another form is not possible because they can simply deny the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Druids: the one class Blizz likes more than Mages.
    This is the correct answer.

Deleted
    Druids can shape-shift, i.e. they have control over their form.

The thing that doesn't make sense is poly'ing/hexing druids in caster form.

edit: what judge malthred said!
    Last edited by mmoc4c369d948d; 2011-10-31 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    or stupid answer, take your pick.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the druid forms are considered a polymorph effect. And they are more powerful, so they cancel out the mage's polymorph spell and prevent it from being cast. Functionally, a druid in shapeshift form is just immune to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    This is the correct answer.
    Wish it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Well, Druids are the one class that is based around the ability to change their form at will. Shifting them into a sheep would be more of an inconvenience if you don't know how to shift your form into a cat, bear, cheeta and sad ugly platapus.
    At that point, I would say - let them be susceptible to polymorph, but shifting to a different form breaks it. Let that separate the true druids from those that are weak and amateur.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Because it's not considered a humanoid once it shapeshifts? Please, you deep freeze out of form then sheep, like most healers. If it's feral, just hit him with one of the 5 roots you have and kite like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    The only form that's logical for us not to polymorph or hex is Tree of Life as it's considered an elemental form, but moonkin, catform, bearform and so on are considered beasts, and you can Polymorph and Hex beasts.

Because druids are natural shapeshifters, they have superior control over their forms and can't be easily forced to assume one form or another.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I did indeed recieve a logical explanation to it, but it doesn't change the fact how overpowered it is to be close to permanently immune to two classes main crowd control.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    At that point, I would say - let them be susceptible to polymorph, but shifting to a different form breaks it. Let that separate the true druids from those that are weak and amateur.
    I think the "lore" explanation is that they have more control over their form than you do.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

This is probably an issue of technical and programming limitations overriding logic. It is kinda like how druids used to not be able to shift directly from one form to another. IIRC, they actually still don't, it's just that now the game client automatically handles the switch from one form, to caster form, to the new form. Blizz could probably put the same tech to use in allowing bears or kittys to be poly'd, but then you have the issue of how to handle things once the poly wears off.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post

What is it that you can't seem to understand about a druid being a SHAPESHIFTER??? If they are able to shift their forms, how would it even seem logical that someone is able to turn them into a sheep/frog, and they can't change from it?!!

Feral druids are the only class that's susceptible to Scare Beast and Hibernate..
    Last edited by Dryade; 2011-10-31 at 05:45 PM.

Bliz already took away feral droods root break and fear immune, there is really no need for further nerfs. If a frost mage cant beat a feral in pvp it's a ltp issue, and if you're playing a non healing shaman in pvp it's a lolurashaman issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a mechanic taken from D&D, you know, the game that 99% of the rpg games were based on.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.