Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Overpowered Class

Which class do you think has the most damage, mobility, defense, etc, making them the most overpowered class?

My guess so far is the Barbarian. He has so much damage it's insane, imagine a barbarian with a monk, they could clear anything in the game!

I would like to know your guys' thoughts!

Based on the video's by Force, the Wizard is currently the most overpowered.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2.../0/eapqzT5cNcU

It's pretty hard to say when you're playing with skills that are subject to change and classes that are due for tremendous revamps in the next patch, especially considering it's only a portion of Act 1 normal mode... but after playing through the beta a few times on each class, the Wizard is currently the easiest class to herpderp your way through with. 1 AoE just 1 shots everything in the room.

Could be a completely different story once the DH has Hatred Generators, level cap increases and you take a character into Inferno.

EDIT: FWIW, ALL characters are overpowered right now.
    Last edited by VeeVee; 2011-09-29 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

I'm gonna guess Wizard, but that's because that's what I'll be playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really call the classes 'overpowered' in a game that's based on you killing computer monsters. If it was based around PvP, then sure. The wizard looks like it's the most powerful of the 5 but I wouldn't say overpowered because it's designed to be the way it is. A face melter.

My guess is the barbarian will be the most powerful come level 60. The wizard seems like a glass cannon while the barbarian looks like a wrecking machine with more survivability.

Wizard. PewPew Lightning>all

I've tried wizard and demon hunter so far. Wizard is by far the most faceroll.

Deleted
    For now wizard, but that is subject to change, in the end that's what betas are for, to balance stuff and fix bugs.

Way too early to tell. If you want a what is the most OP at level 13 then wizard.

People are really getting in quick to call a class OP aren't they? Let's try to avoid the logical next step, the calls for nerfs...

Honestly as people have said, it's way too early to tell if a class is OP or not. Furthermore, again as people said, OP only really relates to PvP balancing. Seeing as we're all fighting NPC demons and undead, it really doesn't matter if a class is OP or not. We're all on the same side, so if your friendly Wizard is doing double the damage you do, pat him on the back and thank him for helping you clear out that demon horde! So long as you're having fun, who cares, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe what ends up as looking overpowered at the moment is the class that can smash the most with the least penalty.

Take it all with a grain of salt, it's the beta.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by slimatic View Post
    Based on the video's by Force, the Wizard is currently the most overpowered.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2.../0/eapqzT5cNcU

I don't know about that.

There was a Youtube video that showed all 5 classes killing the skeleton king.

The Witch dr. was way ahead of all the classes on how quickly he disposed of him. I was shocked but he threw out these exploding frogs and a few beast looking things and the boss just melted. More so than any of the other classes and by a huge amount.

Now to find the video.
    Last edited by quras; 2011-09-29 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I don't know about that.

There was a Youtube video that showed all 5 classes killing the skeleton king.

The Witch dr. was way ahead of all the classes on how quickly he disposed of him. I was shocked but he threw out these exploding frogs and a few beast looking things and the boss just melted. More so than any of the other classes and by a huge amount.

Now to find the video.
    I actually agree. I have now done the a run through of the beta with all 5 classes. In terms of solo capabilities starting at the top...

Witch Doctor
    Wizard
    Demon Hunter
    Barbarian
    Monk

Reckon this is getting each class to level 10 which is OP even for the beta. Witch Doctor is OP because your dogs tank everything and then you just spew your frogs while you shoot your poison dart safely from range for faceroll. I didn't take damage once with Witch Doctor.

I can't wait to roll a Wizard!

Please can we nto get into this discussion before its even released, we dont want this to turn into a WoW type argument, with endless attempts at class balancing and community outcry cause there class cant beat another class.

Lets wait awhile, get to max level, try our PvP and such then before judging, we all know the state of Low level PvP in WoW, so lets not go there for Diablo 3 until we have the chance to try it out at max level.

Deleted
    there is an <5 seconds kill of leoric with barb, monk, wizz from what i have seen

It's pathetic to raise the question about who overpowered when all we can play is one third of first act at normal difficulty. I mean it's suck a small percentage of the game, that we simply can't judge it yet. Wizard may damage alot yes, but who knows in lvl 30?

Inbefore everything is op etc

monk looks a lot like the perfekt soloing class with all the heal
    but wizard is the best for killing fast thinkgs

Deleted
    Keep in mind the babarian is prob the weakest when it comes to defense (i know he can take shitloads of hits, but he is forced to unlike anyone else, his mobility is not as great as the monk so thats where his hack and slashing comes in

For lvling i have to say wizard or the witch docter.