Poll: Your faction

Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    It saddens me to see this thread on page 3. Hopefully the population here at MMO-C isn't representative of the average MMO gamer out there...otherwise, PS2 is in trouble.
    It's in early beta with a very strict NDA, not much to say about PS2 right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    And the beta is still more or less in "trying to get it to run well with everyone" stage rather than pure gameplay balance

Not many people probably know about it if they didn't know PS1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Not many people probably know about it if they didn't know PS1.
    Yea im willing to bet this game will be HEAVILY advertised, im thinking like how Diablo 3 was. This is SoEs game of the year, maybe decade, people will know it exists. At the very least a ton of people will try it, because its free, they lost nothing by downloading it quickly and having hours of fun.

I dont think this game is at risk of being underpopulated at all, i just pray it doesnt swallow up the CoD and BF community, last thing this game needs is all the 'Bro Gamers'.

I would rather have bro gamers to shoot at than no one at all. My biggest fear is that there won't be enough people when the whole point of Planetside is massive warfare...

This game wont be underpopulated, id put money on it. Its going to be a good free game, cant really beat that.

It's an AAA title that is free to play (non p2w) since the launch. It should have enough people.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    f2p will guarantee a large initial influx absolutely, but only good games will have a very large playerbase after.

i don't doubt that Planetside 2 will have many players for a long time..... well unless they go the Tribes Ascend route and deliver an extreme grind for weapons with ingame currency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    f2p will guarantee a large initial influx absolutely, but only good games will have a very large playerbase after.

i don't doubt that Planetside 2 will have many players for a long time..... well unless they go the Tribes Ascend route and deliver an extreme grind for weapons with ingame currency.
    I'm hoping for a good 2-3 year run. I try to get at least 3 years out of games I get heavily involved in (only been 3 so far...Asheron's Call, PS1, and WoW).
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Ugh, tell me about it. I so wish I could gush about this game, but I can't.

Atleast we should see more Beta invites soon, PS1 vets that arent subbed atm will be getting in tomorrow, then 2(?) weeks for twitter/fb/pc mag keys?

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want a release date.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post

I am pretty sure they will go the Tribe Acend route, it will be easy to play for free at the start, because you get new "levels" and "certs" rather quickly, but after a while it will become a living hell unless you pay for "VIP Memberships" or "Boosts". After all SOE wants to make money, and thinking that they would make profit by only selling camo skins and cool colors on weapons is rather naive.
    They will keep their promise that you can get everything for free, but the road will be so long that most people that like the game will pay to advance faster.

Honestly I see no problem with that. I will be more than willing to pay a few bucks to get to a point that I can enjoy the game enough.
    If you got no money and bundles of time to play, the free option might be acceptable.

Just find it a bit funny that so many people think that SOE will give away a AAA game for free, that nobody needs to pay anything for, but a few filthy rich people that buys all the skins so everyone else can get new content..

Looks like another round of CB invites got sent out, I just got one (I am an ex-PS player without a current active sub).

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they are not going to go the tribes ascend way, they apperently are going to have rediculous and crazy fun skins for vehicles and players, (wich i might add, is how f2p game should be, however people keep defending tribes because hey, if it takes you one month of play time to max out one of the nine classes, it's still possible to get stuff free!)

Deleted
    I am not defending Tribes Acend. I played it a few months and payed a few bucks. I didnt quit because of the money, I quit because it was not fun anymore.
    I am pretty sure that you are in for a big disapointment Blikz1, but time will tell, and there is no need for an argument.
    We do know that they will have some form of "premium membership", and my guess is that they want people to pay for that, and they will not achive that without most people thinking that it is a necessity to have this "premium membership".

And I really hope that you are right Blikz1, but I cant really see that economic equation solved. I hope that I am wrong and Planetside 2 will be as ground breaking as many people hope.

Priority keys (including PC Gamer and Twitter) in 1-2 weeks.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/237576867878690816
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

@ Sarahjanes comment in the closed thread about not being allowed to say you are in the beta;
    11. PERMITTED DISCLOSURE: You may disclose that the Beta Program exists and that you are participating in the Beta Program, as these facts are not considered Confidential Information, provided that in doing so, you do not make any statement about SOE, the Beta Software, the Beta Program, or other SOE products or services, if such statement is based on or would disclose any Confidential Information.

And on another note, PCGamer keys will be let in on Friday 5pm according to smedley.

@ Sarahjanes comment in the closed thread about not being allowed to say you are in the beta;

And on another note, PCGamer keys will be let in on Friday 5pm according to smedley.
    Last I checked (which was a while ago), that part wasn't in there. Thanks for the heads up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah didn't see the above posts, just sent Sarahjane a PM about it too, you may ignore it .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-08-23 at 10:57 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.