Poll: Your faction

Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Planetside 2 is awesome but I have to agree with everyone on the friendly fire thing. It's pretty stupid.

I mean today I threw a grenade waaaayyyyyy off into a group of NC scum, and my fellow Vanu decided they wanted to get hit too. Weapons locked for ten mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Who has or is going to buy the Founders pack? Thinking about it myself as I know I'll be using the ingame store a bit so may as well get some extra's with my money, the title doesn't hurt either which brings my on to another note; Do you think there will be any titles for PS vets?
    I bought it a few days ago. I think it was worth it, I joined a big outfit and it was really awesome to be in Teamspeak with over 80 people to have a structured operation. Reminded me of Battlefield 2 (where you had 6-man squads and a commander), only with better communication and on a bigger scale.

Although I have to say that playing solo wasn't nearly as much fun as playing in a good organized public squad or with my outfit. I don't think I could last more than maybe an hour playing solo before quitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Planetside 2 is awesome but I have to agree with everyone on the friendly fire thing. It's pretty stupid.

I mean today I threw a grenade waaaayyyyyy off into a group of NC scum, and my fellow Vanu decided they wanted to get hit too. Weapons locked for ten mins.
    I get though why its their, griefing is a serious risk without friendly fire.
    The only option i would see how to fix this is have an option to report people for killing friendlies. But again that would not really fix the problem.
    You could then say no friendly fire at all. But that would take away a bit of the game.

I really would hate it if they remove it, since it needs to feel more like a warm rather then a regular FPS game.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I bought it a few days ago. I think it was worth it, I joined a big outfit and it was really awesome to be in Teamspeak with over 80 people to have a structured operation. Reminded me of Battlefield 2 (where you had 6-man squads and a commander), only with better communication and on a bigger scale.

Although I have to say that playing solo wasn't nearly as much fun as playing in a good organized public squad or with my outfit. I don't think I could last more than maybe an hour playing solo before quitting.
    There's nothing more fun than playing recon and scouting ahead for my outfit's 40+ tank column for an insertion point. Picking off infantry and hacking turrets to provide an entry for 40+ tanks to blow shit up...

Nothin' like a good outfit.
    Last edited by Rio; 2012-10-27 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Or you could, you know, NOT shoot when allies might get in the way?
    I've managed to avoid getting locked yet, but I've had to actively avoid engaging the enemy on multiple occasions to accomplish that. Here are few examples;

I am engagin an enemy from behind a fence. Suddenly, my reflex sight fills with a friendly medic head who apparently was coruching in fornt of me and decided to pop up after I had been firin for several seconds. Instand death to him, instant second degree warning to me. Nothing I could do about it.

SOmebody parked their flash outside a tower. I purchased an vanguard, it rolls out, and crushes the thing before I have control over the vehicle. Instant final warning.

People are firing at enemy thorugh a narrow gap, and enemy is returning fire. Grenades are thrown. Suddenly, two retards rush into the gap and somehow manage to dodge death for the half a second it takes for them to die to my grenade. Instant final warning. repeat ~bare minimum 3 times a day.

I've been nigh locked multiple times, and almost every incident has uniformly been that someone runs into my fire, my explosives or under my vehicle, often in a such a retarded manner that they were doing a pointless kamikaze to begin with. This system is causing an outcry with limited tester numbers and medium-sized engagements. I dread the day when we have 10 times the people in prolonged indoors combat and the people who troll and grief for fun have arrived. This sytem will collapse like a shoddily built card house shot with a flamethrower.

Ok fuck flying in this game. Fuck it. It's the most frustrating thing ever. There's way too much anti air. Like I mean way too much. You cant fly for 30 seconds without a bunch of bullets hitting you. Doesn't matter how high you are, your gonna get hit by something. Also the flying with keyboard and mouse is so atrociously bad IMO. It feels sluggish, floatly and it's hard to control. I'm going to steer clear of flying. I'm probably just bad at it, but w/e.

Other than that and the friendly fire bullshit, I'm liking this game. I hope it does well.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Ok fuck flying in this game. Fuck it. It's the most frustrating thing ever. There's way too much anti air. Like I mean way too much. You cant fly for 30 seconds without a bunch of bullets hitting you. Doesn't matter how high you are, your gonna get hit by something. Also the flying with keyboard and mouse is so atrociously bad IMO. It feels sluggish, floatly and it's hard to control. I'm going to steer clear of flying. I'm probably just bad at it, but w/e.
    Correct. Don't feel bad, most people (myself included) have the same problem. Flying is balls to the wall hard, and very few people will be succesful with it. Some people can actually make that happen, and their videos are something surreal. Handlign planes only isn't extremely hard, but staying alive them requires lightning reflexes, unsurpassed situation awareness and loads of cunning. Like fly through a ravine to get behind/close the AA-lightning, then stick to its blind zone by abusing the hell out of your VTOL-properties while you take it out. It's a high risk, high reward game.
    Also, fully second your sentiment. Fuck flying in this game, fuck yeah!

I love flying, what I hate is how pointless the solo vehicles are. Scythe/mosquito/reaver pilots contribute nothing to an attack or defense, they just fly in circles waiting for a liberator to get too close so they can 1v5 it and go hide behind turrets some more. These people must average a kill every 30-60 minutes, so much of their time is literally just flying around doing nothing. Being a good lib or gal pilot can make a difference, but without support the second people see you 10 of them are going to redeploy to allatum and jump in scythes just so they can get that one kill.

It's really the spawn camping that bothers me most, if you build an aircraft anywhere but the warpgate you are a fool and you will get shot down before you can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I love flying, what I hate is how pointless the solo vehicles are. Scythe/mosquito/reaver pilots contribute nothing to an attack or defense, they just fly in circles waiting for a liberator to get too close so they can 1v5 it and go hide behind turrets some more. These people must average a kill every 30-60 minutes, so much of their time is literally just flying around doing nothing. Being a good lib or gal pilot can make a difference, but without support the second people see you 10 of them are going to redeploy to allatum and jump in scythes just so they can get that one kill.

It's really the spawn camping that bothers me most, if you build an aircraft anywhere but the warpgate you are a fool and you will get shot down before you can move.
    That is annoying. There's always like 30 of those AA tanks just waiting for you.

And people in opposing bases sit in turrets aiming at air pads all day as well. I can't believe how many people will play this game for hours just for the one or two kills they might get on a damaged liberator landing to repair or whatever. Personally I can't stand being in a sector that isn't high action. I occasionally go ninja capping if our faction is getting destroyed but I don't see what the point of playing is if you don't want to take part in the 100v100 conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

I liked reavers in PS1 as you had rockets and guns that made you versatile. PS2 I've only flown a reaver once and was just getting used to the controls until I got shot down out of nowhere. Is there a way to parachute out? I successfully suicided the first time I jumped out of a Galaxy just as it was going to blow

Certs can get eject systems in any aircraft, I believe. I know it exists for the lib/gal. You can still get rockets but they're bloody expensive. I personally want to try the anti air rockets on a mosquito but I'm probably never going to spend 480 certs on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    That is annoying. There's always like 30 of those AA tanks just waiting for you.
    Its something that is going to change devs have confirmed that. About aircraft difficulty its nice, some are really good for example:

NOT ME!

Its a really stand out of the crowd type of job.
    Only thing i like and am reasonable at is galaxy flying i really like it to bad its role is currently so limited due to AA problems.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-10-29 at 08:02 PM.

I don't know if this guy was hacking or not. I was trying to ninja cap this small base where there was no one at all there. But I heard an aircraft coming and I ducked. It was a liberator, and the guy in it landed precisely right next to me, got out and killed me.

Oh yes, there was some major nerd rage going on after that. If your in an enemy base, does the enemy know your there(even when you don't fire a single bullet) and shows them your exact position?

The scythe is incredibly overpowered (without trying to look like a whiner too much). It's ability to maneuver completely outclasses the other two fighters. That video is fairly impressive, but I doubt it would take anyone very long to be that decent with a scythe if they tried. I don't find flying very difficult, it was a lot to take in at first but once you get used to it after a few hours it starts to become pretty natural.

Of course, as low and slow as he was flying, in a "real fight" he would have been blown up instantly by a rocket launcher, only takes one hit and he was getting extremely damn close to those soldiers. And even if he wasn't, what good did he do in that video? He got a couple of kills, an infiltrator could have done it faster and started capping the base at the same time. This is why I just can't respect fighter pilots. It doesn't matter how good they are, aside from suicide ramming infiltrators to death they are good for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh true true, and i wouldnt know how hard it is to fly it (only play NC so :P) And even as NC i dont play reaver unless i need to get somewhere quickly
    Normally i fly galaxy and that has become not difficult but tricky picking points where you can land without knowing if there are going to be enemies.

Deleted
    Why are there so many freaking Vanu, and why do are they so dominant? They are the faction on my server (the highest pop one) that almost all the time have atleast 40% of every map or even 50% of it.
    I was trying to play at night now and it's freaking impossible because there are SO MANY Vanu. But when I look on forums, all I can see are people complaining that the Vanu are weak and bad. That doesn't add up at all.
    I find the Magrider to be the most powerful tank, they're near impossible to hit because they can strafe and their gun is extremely accurate. Whilst on forums, all I see are people complaining about how it sucks. That doesn't add up either.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-10-30 at 12:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    That's funny. I remember being pinned down in this very canyon by a group of mosquitoes with this missile barrage weapon unlocked. Don't know if they grinded for it, or just bought this "sidegrade", but I can say for sure no one of the infantry down there had an anti-air rocket launcher, because it cost ridiculous amount of auraxium.
    If the new unified cert system allows players to unlock the weapons they want relatively quickly, so anyone has access to anti-air AND air-to-ground missiles, and one side is still under or overpowered in this situation, then there is an issue that needs balancing.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    Vanu seem to play infiltrator, magrider or scythe. Can't blame them, they are far superior vehicles to anything the others have. Especially the magrider that is IMPOSSIBLE to hit unless you're right next to it.

Air vehicles are made of paper, AA guns obliterate anything in seconds. That shit needs to be sorted.

The draw distance on people is bullshit too. I have to get up way too close for comfort with my mosquito to see people on the ground.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-11-02 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Air vehicles are made of paper, AA guns obliterate anything in seconds. That shit needs to be sorted.
    I was actually going to complain about this myself today. Getting in a liberator to go help out at TI alloys, being shot at by the turrets at the crown when I'm somewhere over seabed and lose half my health before I can manage to run to Dahaka and finally get the hell out of range of them. The distance they can do damage is just really, really absurd, especially at areas of height privilege like the crown. It's really hard to want to fly anything in planetside, unfortunately. Anything a scythe can do a tank can do way better. Liberators are invaluable but SO easy to take down, even if he has a ton of air support you can buy yourself a quick scythe and just fly it into the lib full speed, nothing he can do about it. And totally forget about it if you're not VS, the mosquito and reaver are, frankly, terrible in comparison. And that doesn't mean the Scythe is good.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-02 at 09:50 PM.