... LastLast
    Deleted
    What server is everyone playing on?

Ceres (Eu) myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post

Ceres (Eu) myself.
    Miller EU here. A lot of the old Planetside outfits, including mine (Outcasters TR), from Werner EU went there so I followed .

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Happened to me, too. Just started playing but my biggest problem is identifying the enemies. The uniforms look all the same i haven´t found any indication if the person i am aiming at is a friend or an enemy.
    Is there some toggle i missed or some other secret ?
    Another tip is to press Q when aiming at them, if they suddenly go red then it's an enemy.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connery (US West) and Waterson (US East). Both NC. Didn't want to play the laser light show of the VS or join the TR zerg.

Deleted
    just been playing for a good few hours!

so much fun when i got into it. i got lucky and got into a good squad with a good leader, helped me out a lot since i was a total noob. the games got a good feel to it, we was going round in a squad taking different bases, while there was still a massive war waging on in background between everyone else.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 01:57 AM ----------

Ceres (Eu) myself.
    lithcorp (eu)

Deleted
    Noone knows about bouncing worlds?=)

Well, I never played fps at all before ps2 (except trying Quake once back in the past and my ex bf that I had then nerdraged because I managed to kill him and his friends laughed) but it's quite easy to get into. Sure hard to compete with aiming against childrens of fps but I get cp slow and steady. Got premium to boost it a little. Heavy assault is a nice starting class, but I guess for cp farming engineer or medic are better choices... or to rock around in vehicles. I want to learn to shoot though, so I heavy and sometimes MAX myself and try to knock some heads down :P

Deleted

Ceres (Eu) myself.
    Woodman EU as a new conglomerate infiltrator
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-28 at 07:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Noone knows about bouncing worlds?=)

Well, I never played fps at all before ps2 (except trying Quake once back in the past and my ex bf that I had then nerdraged because I managed to kill him and his friends laughed) but it's quite easy to get into. Sure hard to compete with aiming against childrens of fps but I get cp slow and steady. Got premium to boost it a little. Heavy assault is a nice starting class, but I guess for cp farming engineer or medic are better choices... or to rock around in vehicles. I want to learn to shoot though, so I heavy and sometimes MAX myself and try to knock some heads down :P
    Engineer is great for large fights at chokepoints. Just drop an ammo pack on the ground near the largest amount of your teammates and watch the XP stream in. You also get more XP if your squad/platoon use it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Engineer is great for large fights at chokepoints. Just drop an ammo pack on the ground near the largest amount of your teammates and watch the XP stream in. You also get more XP if your squad/platoon use it as well.
    Medics are nice when you are attacking a base and ppl need healing or are dieing all the time. If you are defending/attacking a bio lab i found light assault to be perfect to manouver around the place.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

The render distance just ruins the game for me, i like to snipe from mid to long range, but i can't because game says i can't see enemies that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkarioth View Post
    The render distance just ruins the game for me, i like to snipe from mid to long range, but i can't because game says i can't see enemies that far.
    Why would you ever need to snipe from that far?

I play an infiltrator i tend to run around close to mid range most of the time as my job is to hack enemy targets for my team to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Why would you ever need to snipe from that far?

I play an infiltrator i tend to run around close to mid range most of the time as my job is to hack enemy targets for my team to use.
    I think you missed out on how MMOs work, there's no set in stone way of playing the game, if i like to give my team long range support from a safe distance, why shouldn't i be allowed to? it's a sniper rifle for a main weapon afterall..

Deleted
    I think you missed out on how MMOs work, there's no set in stone way of playing the game, if i like to give my team long range support from a safe distance, why shouldn't i be allowed to? it's a sniper rifle for a main weapon afterall..
    It is possible to snipe from silly distances already, it does not really need to gain any more range. It is already possible to both see and hit people that is far out of range from normal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    It is possible to snipe from silly distances already, it does not really need to gain any more range. It is already possible to both see and hit people that is far out of range from normal weapons.
    That's where you're wrong, it needs more range, the render distance is determined by how many people are in your area and decreases down to granade throw distance in a big battle, this means that a sniper rifle becomes next to worthless against any other weapon in the game.

Deleted
    That's where you're wrong, it needs more range, the render distance is determined by how many people are in your area and decreases down to granade throw distance in a big battle, this means that a sniper rifle becomes next to worthless against any other weapon in the game.
    What is your PC specs? My render distance does not change even when things start to heat up and its far better then "grenade throw" distance. GW2 had a hardware limiter coded into the game to prevent stutter on lower end machines, might be something similar here. There is also a render quality option in the settings menu that was on 100% for me.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-28 at 11:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Ceres (Eu) myself.
    Hey m8 im Ceres also but im NC what faction are you ?

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

They need to nerf a lot of Vanu shit stuff. Scythe maneuverability, You go in dog fight with it you always lose w/e you are flying with. Also there is overpowered gun I can't remember its name that shoots energy balls ppl start to purchase it with SC, It's freaking unbelievable how is this gun overpowered.

Seems you missed out on how to play Planetside. Lets leave the petty playground talk there shall we?

The current range is fine, i can already see and kill other people from 800 - 1000ish meters away, there is absolutely no need to increase that.
    That may be the way you play but your not helping your team out much by doing so and you actually get less certs/points by playing that way, if that is what you enjoy then fair enough but it would go against the "team play" philosophy of the game if the devs where to encourage playing that way by changing the render distance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    They need to nerf a lot of Vanu shit stuff. Scythe maneuverability, You go in dog fight with it you always lose w/e you are flying with. Also there is overpowered gun I can't remember its name that shoots energy balls ppl start to purchase it with SC, It's freaking unbelievable how is this gun overpowered.
    That would be the Lasher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Seems you missed out on how to play Planetside. Lets leave the petty playground talk there shall we?

The current range is fine, i can already see and kill other people from 800 - 1000ish meters away, there is absolutely no need to increase that.
    That may be the way you play but your not helping your team out much by doing so and you actually get less certs/points by playing that way, if that is what you enjoy then fair enough but it would go against the "team play" philosophy of the game if the devs where to encourage playing that way by changing the render distance.
    i agree, ive been playing sniper a bit, i was giving a bit of over watch cover while my squad captured a base. there is really no reason to be that far away to shoot them. i spent most of my time as a sniper close to my squad, i would not have been much use if i was really far away.

That's not true at all. Maybe your pc is pretty bad, and you should upgrade. Because I have been in so many large battles and not had this issue at all.

EDIT:meh guess I'm wrong looking on the official forums. I haven't experienced this, maybe I'm just playing on a lower population server, and its not having the same impact /shrug.
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2012-11-28 at 03:27 PM.