Poll: Your faction

Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Medic isn't bad but during a good TR zerg there are usually a nice, solid 80 of them. Someone dies and you immediately see 6 heal beams fly out to revive. Gotta farm them pointz

10+ Year Old Account
    Better get better at sniping! Cause lots of people like to take a bullet to the face, >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Medic isn't bad but during a good TR zerg there are usually a nice, solid 80 of them. Someone dies and you immediately see 6 heal beams fly out to revive. Gotta farm them pointz
    I love when the zerg gets trapped inside the spawn rooms of small capture points as a medic, sitting in the middle with my upgraded aoe heal knee deep in credz.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

This game is a blast, which is surprising since I do not really play FPS games.

Quick question though... is the 100 cert Infiltrator Sniper rifle any good? I want a new sniper rifle, then preferably a bolt action one, and I'm not sure whether to save up for one of the major guns, or simply get the 100 certification Bolt Action SR.

Bolt actions have to unscope and reload between shots but are one hit kills if you get a headshot, whether it's worth it is up to you.

@Remi
    If I could stomach 100 certs for a suppressor I would. That's too many certs toward another rank of clip for the banshee or total ammo or hover frame....

Bolt actions have to unscope and reload between shots but are one hit kills if you get a headshot, whether it's worth it is up to you.
    Well the default sniper rifle is absolutely atrocious unupgraded, so I'd rather have a bolt action and upgrade that. The kickback on the default un-upgraded SR is basically a bolt action rifle anyway due to the lengthy time inbetween shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Well the default sniper rifle is absolutely atrocious unupgraded, so I'd rather have a bolt action and upgrade that. The kickback on the default un-upgraded SR is basically a bolt action rifle anyway due to the lengthy time inbetween shots.
    It auto corrects you just have to wait half a second. If you're close range and can aim for the head you can two shot them before they realize they're being shot at, if they're moving you can aim for the body and still be fine. A lot of NC players consider the TR default rifle overpowered because you can spam across the map with it =p

It auto corrects you just have to wait half a second. If you're close range and can aim for the head you can two shot them before they realize they're being shot at, if they're moving you can aim for the body and still be fine. A lot of NC players consider the TR default rifle overpowered because you can spam across the map with it =p
    Well, yeah I can decimate them up close, but I do not want that in the only class in the game with Sniper Rifles. That is when I want long distance elimination shooting. :P

As for the auto-correction.... nah, I do not find that very useful. It does correct itself, but when you deal with moving targets most of the time, then that massive kickback is enough to get me off target even if it auto corrects fast. I'm just not that patient between shots. If the kickback was really small but with less stopping force... then I would love it. :P

To be fair, snipers aren't supposed to go 125091258125812501205-0 in this game either. They had to nerf VS because zero bullet drop was overpowered when it only takes 2 hits to kill someone.

Deleted
    I think Infiltrators are in a fairly good position in terms of skill / balance / ability to kill. My one complaint is my complete inability to do anything to vehicles. Often there are times where I've snuck behind the enemy assaulting a base and discovered their Sunderer, I can do absolutely nothing to it however, and my teammates often get gunned down before getting anywhere near the Sundy, and that's assuming any of them pay attention to the chat in the first place.

The ability to hack vehicles would be nice. Even if it only disabled them until repaired.

Engineers should be able to reverse repair vehicles >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    The ability to hack vehicles would be nice. Even if it only disabled them until repaired.
    Still don't know why they didn't keep this feature, TR Vanguards looked amazing . Hacking an AMS while it was surrounded by troops was also hilarious, leaving them with default armor and guns. Guess the lack of a stealth field balances out not being able to hack AMS's.

*edit* They could reintroduce different ammo types (beyond the current cert options) so you can swap to anti-vehicle rounds, would still have to take a while to blow something up but better than zero damage.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-12-09 at 06:11 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    That is one of the thing's that annoys me with the NC rifle, if i don't score a headshot when at long range, they pretty much always gets enough time to run for cover

Deleted
    Is there some guild or w/e its called here recruiting people? I do like the concept of the game, but playing alone just isnt much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Is there some guild or w/e its called here recruiting people? I do like the concept of the game, but playing alone just isnt much fun.
    Outfits and squads.

@Remi
    If I could stomach 100 certs for a suppressor I would. That's too many certs toward another rank of clip for the banshee or total ammo or hover frame....
    Don't use suppressors, they're not worth it imo. Most people are too stupid to see where the bullet comes from, >.> and I don't think suppressor even tones that down. All it does is make it so you don't pop up on the minimap, and if you're too far they don't see you anyways.

Bolt Action > Semi Auto.
    Then again like 90% of my kills are headshots, =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    *edit* They could reintroduce different ammo types (beyond the current cert options) so you can swap to anti-vehicle rounds, would still have to take a while to blow something up but better than zero damage.
    Would at least like an option to do something against a tank, maybe make EMP grenades forcibly stop the tank / vehicles from being able to do anything for ten seconds would be nice, doesn't have to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Don't use suppressors, they're not worth it imo. Most people are too stupid to see where the bullet comes from, >.> and I don't think suppressor even tones that down. All it does is make it so you don't pop up on the minimap, and if you're too far they don't see you anyways.
    I wouldn't snipe long range even if I had a bolt action, so boring >_>

Deleted
    Started off wanted to play a sort of "Combat Medic" arche-type. But tonight been really enjoying Heavy Assault, taking my Saunderer around and deploying it. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Started off wanted to play a sort of "Combat Medic" arche-type. But tonight been really enjoying Heavy Assault, taking my Saunderer around and deploying it. =)
    You're one of those people I headshot!

2 things I can't comprehend in this game. First the usefulness of the medic class, there is no ticket loss for each one dies like in BF3 and even without medics the sunderer or near base can provide infinite swarms of allies/enemies..where is the penalty for dying?
    Second thing why all flying aircraft don't have air radar? to my knowledge you can't upgrade your ship to have one also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You're one of those people I headshot!
    You guys are assholes. Spend 10 seconds looking around to make sure it's clear, run out, and BOOM dead.

Ass. Holes.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow