Poll: Your faction

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, only just noticed this for some reason: http://www.planetside2.com/news/pcgamercover

You can get a priority access Beta code with the Febuary 28th issue of PCGamer. It does say the following in the article though 'along with Fan Faire 2011 registered attendees, and original PlanetSide 1 players will have priority access', so you may not need it if you played Planetside 1. Curious if it will still increase your chances, but would imagine it's unlikely.

45 minutes of gameplay from GDC.

I'm so excited for this game!

Deleted
    Looks like Battlefield 3 and Halo had a child.....which then turned into an MMO.

Me gusta, although I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Looks like Battlefield 3 and Halo had a child.....which then turned into an MMO.

Me gusta, although I'm not a huge fan of Sci-Fi shooters.
    It's soo much more than that though, atleast the first one was. PS2 will be free to play so give it a shot and I guarantee u will have fun if it's anything close to the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can hear my Prowler calling to me from within the Alpha, must.. destroy.. all.. Vanguards.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

NC FOR LIFE

Until you've played in those pointless 3 way battles on cyssorside where nobody won but 400 or so people were kicking the shit out of each other you won't be able to fathom how deeply excited I am for this. So many nights on a crappy computer learning to snipe, learning to fly, leading 12+ vanniess off the side of a cliff into the water (on accident!) lemming style, Hunting to half an hour for that one prick cloaker and bitching and moaning about the latest lasher changes. If this game lives up to expectations WoW, GW2, SWTOR and EVE can all kiss my sub goodbye as I play this for hours on end.

If you are not excited for this game or have never heard of it, GET EXCITED. IT'S COMING, WE ARE WAITING AND WE ARE READY.

Pepizaur: "Who are you to judge?"
    Brinsley: "Well I'm a paladin, I judge things all the time"

Played the original until just before core combat (Galaxy/Reaver/Infiltrator mostly). Amazing game. I added a station sub again to try for beta but seems it won't happen (oh well). On release they will have my monies gladly.

As a word of warning: If they go by previous model expect to need a decently ninja system to run it. I had to double my ram and throw a bigger card in my rig last time to run this and my system was no slouch.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-04-17 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepizaraus View Post
    So many nights on a crappy computer learning to snipe
    Sniping in Planetside 1 = let someone else shoot first, hehe. Was so funny when you'd hear one shot and a tiny pause followed immediately by 2-5 more from snipers watching healthbars.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    As a word of warning: If they go by previous model expect to need a decently ninja system to run it. I had to double my ram and throw a bigger card in my rig last time to run this and my system was no slouch.
    I built my first custom PC about a month after it came out, along with my good connection it gave me such a huge (unfair) advantage for the first few months .
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HgC...&feature=g-u-u
    A look at night time In Planetside 2, and oh my god It looks amazing. I'm already sold on this game.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2012-05-17 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pepizaraus View Post
    If this game lives up to expectations WoW, GW2, SWTOR and EVE can all kiss my sub goodbye as I play this for hours on end.
    Arenanet called, they said you can keep your sub.

OT: Im looking forward to Planetside 2. I like the F2P format and Firefall will give it some competition to ensure a quality game.

10+ Year Old Account

New 23 minute gameplay video from Totalbiscuit, not much action but still a good watch.

One thing that dissapointed me was finding out they've changed the vehicle/tank setup from Planetside to be more like modern FPS's where the driver controls the main gun, I much prefered the old system where the driver and gunner(s) were seperate. Makes me wonder what the setup will be for the Prowler, I loved having a regular 3 man team for mine but can see it being standardised to 'one driver, one secondary gunner' for all 3 tanks . Also with them adding a secondary gun to the Mag and Vanguard it takes away from the Prowlers uniqueness of having more guns, just a Vanguard in a different skin.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-05-18 at 03:47 AM.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

15+ Year Old Account
    ive never played the first planetside, but these war type games as very intriguing to me. i use to play WWIIOnline,

Man, I need to update the main page again, but actually Nirawen, they have said they will be offering a certification for a designated driver so as you said; the driver will thus be only driving and you'll have the main cannon gunner and secondary gunner. Not to worry about the prowler either; which is my favorite tank. It is currently the fastest tank in the game with the fastest firing weapons; IE: the 2 main cannons as well as the fastest shooting secondaries. As opposed to the New Conglomerate Vanguard which hits the hardest, but is very slow and the Vanu Sovereignty's Magrider which is very maneuverable and able to go over obstacles such as water. So to break it down, the faction tanks now are separated by different play-styles. Terran: Fast and Rapid Firing; New Conglomerate: Hard hitting and Durable; Vanu Sovereignty: Extremely Agile and Use of Alien Tech. Here is a size comparison of all three MBT's and the smaller lightning battle tank as well. As you can see, our Terran Prowler on the far right has the lowest profile and smallest target; if you're planning on playing the fastest forces in the game the Terran Republic is for you.

Last edited by Drdigit; 2012-05-18 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdigit View Post
    -snip-
    Cheers for the info dude, was planning on going heavily into the Prowler tree with my cert's so good news indeed . I thought it seemed abit strange, would have made the Lightning practically obsolete (besides a small speed/agility advantage) if the main tanks were locked into that setup.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Flying looks awesome with the new cockpits, as well as the third person view . I'm incredibly excited for this game, can't wait.

I want this game today!
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been crossing my fingers and toes saying over and over to the gaming gods, "please don't screw it up." Please SOE, don't screw it up.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I've been crossing my fingers and toes saying over and over to the gaming gods, "please don't screw it up." Please SOE, don't screw it up.
    Same. Sadly I don't have much faith left in them (they've made one mistake after another for the past 3-4 years), but I'm hoping they can turn things around with this and EQ Next.

I gotta say, so far the Development team for PS2 has been exceptional, if you follow their twitters (https://twitter.com/#!/mhigby Matt Higby the Creative Director and https://twitter.com/#!/PS_TRay Tramell Isaac the Senior Art Director) they are always in contact and very good at answering questions on the game and even showing some behind the scenes screenshots. There have even been changes made based on the input by the community, so I really do have a good feeling about PS2, especially with how much communication is going on between the devs and the players.
    Last edited by Drdigit; 2012-05-19 at 04:35 PM.

I'll never fully forgive SOE for swg but this looks too damn epic to pass up
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>