Poll: Your faction

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    I'm going wherever TB goes which I believe is the Terran Republic. So depending on how binding your choice is, I think I'll be trying out all 3. Which are yal thinking?
    Played as TR throughout Planetside and will be returning to my beloved Republic for #2 .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranostar View Post
    Hello Forum, I never played the first Planetside, honestly never heard of it, but a friend mentioned Planetside 2 to me and I've done some research and its caught my attention but sadly there is not much info available at the moment. I have a question though that I would love someone to answer, it looks like there are shields (similar to halo ) which is not a problem but I was wondering if the 1st Planetside was one of those games were players can take ridiculous amounts of damage, like a rocket or a headshot from a sniper or a full clip from a AR to the head? There are so many positive features that this would not disuade me from playing and I understand that this is a sci-fi game but some things should be kept in the realm of reality, thats all. Much appreciate any and all answers that aren't flaming, thanks
    Yeah, it's a bit like Halo as far as that goes.

Which is necessary - when you have 100 people, and tanks, choppers, jets, mechs laying down fire constantly something like BF3 or CoD's damage model wouldn't work; you would die constantly.

PS2 is going to be the greatest shooter of all time, just like PS1 back in the day; so many legendary moments in that game, with friends it's the best. Nothing like it.
    “We boil at different degrees.”

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I did the whole magazine code for Beta a while back and now keeping my fingers crossed for an invite.
    I tried singing up on their site, it gives me error when choosing Serbia. Worked with every other country I tried.

I'm going wherever TB goes which I believe is the Terran Republic. So depending on how binding your choice is, I think I'll be trying out all 3. Which are yal thinking?
    I like The Vanu Sovereignty for their superior technology.

what exactly is the appeal of the New Conglomerate? In the first were the faction populations pretty balanced
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

what exactly is the appeal of the New Conglomerate? In the first were the faction populations pretty balanced
    The New Conglomerate are all about heavy hitting weapons and vehicles that can stay in the fight longest. Though the trade-off for this is that their weapons fire slower compared to the other factions and their vehicles are some of the slowest in the game. As of now in the game the NC weapons do the most damage per shot. Plus they're the "rebel" faction in a sense, so some people like that. As far as the populations in the first Planetside, they were actually fairly well balanced; with all empires being within 3% population of each other.

So for the 3 faction the appeal/play-style is something like:
    Terran: Fast firing weapons and high Mobility. They do less damage per shot, but make that up with the sheer amount of lead they can shoot.
    New Conglomerate: Heavy hitting and durable, but the slowest vehicles and fire rates.
    Vanu Sovereignty: Great Maneuverability and their infantry weapons have no bullet drop (Not sure about vehicles), but their energy weapons suffer damage degradation quicker due to their no bullet drop.
    Last edited by Drdigit; 2012-05-26 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdigit View Post
    The New Conglomerate are all about heavy hitting weapons and vehicles that can stay in the fight longest. Though the trade-off for this is that their weapons fire slower compared to the other factions and their vehicles are some of the slowest in the game. As of now in the game the NC weapons do the most damage per shot. Plus they're the "rebel" faction in a sense, so some people like that. As far as the populations in the first Planetside, they were actually fairly well balanced; with all empires being within 3% population of each other.

So for the 3 faction the appeal/play-style is something like:
    Terran: Fast firing weapons and high Mobility. They do less damage per shot, but make that up with the sheer amount of lead they can shoot.
    New Conglomerate: Heavy hitting and durable, but the slowest vehicles and fire rates.
    Vanu Sovereignty: Great Maneuverability and their infantry weapons have no bullet drop (Not sure about vehicles), but their energy weapons suffer damage degradation quicker due to their no bullet drop.
    Mhm, well that actually helps alot. I can't wait haha
    lol >.>

TB has partnered with SOE to bring massive amounts of Planetside 2 content. Streams, ect. Also he will be commentating Planetside 2 battles at E3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    TB has partnered with SOE to bring massive amounts of Planetside 2 content. Streams, ect. Also he will be commentating Planetside 2 battles at E3.
    That's awesome news , I talk about the original Planetside and how much i'm looking forward to #2 with my gaming friends so often that they've gotten bored of me mentioning it so it was great to hear TB feeling as much excitement over them as much as I do hehe.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Deleted
    This is the game a look most forward to atm.
    Reading everything I can about it. Played sick amout of hours on Werner server back in the days.

NC for life!

This is good to hear

lol >.>

I so can't wait for this game, waiting to buy a new computer for when it is released. Vanu forever!
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Crossing my fingers, and toes, for this game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    This game looks quite promising. I signed up for the beta. This might end up being a purchase.

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Oh how I wish someone else then him did it. I can't stand him or his voice.
    Do you know anyone else that does Planetside 2 videos?

Deleted
    I'm getting rid of my laptop and finally buying a desktop again specifically for this game. That, and SimCity 5, Mechwarrior Online, MoP and Skyrim.

15+ Year Old Account
    My only disappointment is no native Mac Client.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This might end up being a purchase.
    Free to play .
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Free to play .
    Will prob still need to purchase the game code, then instead of subs it is free to play from there onwards.
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Deleted
    really cant wait for this one roll on E3

Deleted
    It's funny how a mate and i we're talking about this few months back. We said, i realy hope they'd make a second part.

And now they do.

Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Will prob still need to purchase the game code, then instead of subs it is free to play from there onwards.
    That's not free to play, that's buy to play. They've stated that people will be able to play the game without paying anything, referencing LoL's business model on several occasions.
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,