Poll: Your faction

Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd rather have a rifle that can one shot with a headshot. TR can be in near melee range and scope shot you right in the back of the skull and you'll have one bar of health left, VS won't even break your shield. Too bad NC sucks.

Anyway, I consider them all better in different ways. SOE did a decent job making the differences in factions/weapons more of a playstyle than power thing. Admittedly, some systems are much easier to use than others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'd rather have a rifle that can one shot with a headshot. TR can be in near melee range and scope shot you right in the back of the skull and you'll have one bar of health left, VS won't even break your shield. Too bad NC sucks.

Anyway, I consider them all better in different ways. SOE did a decent job making the differences in factions/weapons more of a playstyle than power thing. Admittedly, some systems are much easier to use than others.

See, I'm a die-hard Vanu player, and the new sniper rifle does not fit my style AT ALL.

I'm a max-range, head shot type of sniper. I don't want to feel like I have an automatic shotgun w/ a scope. From what I have seen from streams and videos, the VS sniper is really more effective at closer ranges, putting you in a position where you're more easily detected.

Oh well...I'm not giving up my spot in Ghosts of the Revolution over a sniper rifle.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

VS do less damage the farther away a target is, I believe. Should also apply to all weapons, so yeah, their sniper is kind of backwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I had no ties to an outfit, I'd be NC, 100%.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    VS do less damage the farther away a target is, I believe. Should also apply to all weapons, so yeah, their sniper is kind of backwards.
    yeah, tried sniping today as VS...it sucked. Then to get 1 shot as Heavy assault by an NC also sucked. I can't see how they can make the VS sniper better. Maybe make it steadier without holding breathe? Hmmm

It's hard to say. Having played a lot of VS I can definitely agree that sniping can be very frustrating. However, no bullet drop makes VS sniping a lot easier than the other two factions, which is why it can't kill in one or two hits. I'm not really sure what the answer is, maybe the way it is right now is the best way.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say. Having played a lot of VS I can definitely agree that sniping can be very frustrating. However, no bullet drop makes VS sniping a lot easier than the other two factions, which is why it can't kill in one or two hits. I'm not really sure what the answer is, maybe the way it is right now is the best way.
    It's just going to be a different style of sniping. NC is the ultra-long range, safe sniping. VS will have to be a bit closer, so you'll have to have a certain kit to go along with that.

It still sucks. My favorite part of PS1 was being waaaaaaaaaaaay away from the fight and still dropping people. I could sit for over 30 minutes in some really great spots and just wreak havoc on an enemy concerned with the front lines of the battle.

As I've said before, though, I won't change factions over a sniper rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still enjoying it and still swapping back and forth from this and Guild Wars 2. I think my multiplayer itch is going to be covered for quite a while.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    One of my gripes with this game is come say Midnight EU time... there doesn't seem to be too much action...which means i get bored and don't feel like playing. Only so much capping of undefended bases that can be fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    One of my gripes with this game is come say Midnight EU time... there doesn't seem to be too much action...which means i get bored and don't feel like playing. Only so much capping of undefended bases that can be fun.
    Because it's still in closed beta. I'm not normally somebody who goes "They'll fix it! It's beta" but don't forget this has a limited number of players in it. Imagine how things will get when the doors are opened to the masses?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Imagine how things will get when the doors are opened to the masses?
    Glorious. Absolutely glorious.

I'll admit I changed factions because of weapons. As VS I go 2-30 trying to defend somewhere as heavy assault. Swapped to TR and I'm always positive, even when we're being overrun. Or, maybe, especially when we're being overrun. The damage difference for TR weapons is just insane.

Really Lysah? I'm hardcore TR but I do actually really enjoy the Vanu Sov weapons. They pack one helluva punch, but I still love the accuracy of the tr and our rate of fire. Can put a lot of bullets on a target very accurately and do some serious damage!

The accuracy is nice, especially for vehicles (which is EXTREMELY noticeable), but in my experience if you get into a duel with someone from TR (NC too but not quite as bad) as Vanu you're dead unless he can't aim at all. I used to think I had just lost my touch at FPS games and was just really bad until I played TR and kill people instantly just like I used to die instantly.

I just want aussie servers! I liked PS1, but with 200ms ping people with NC n00bhammers would kill me pretty quickly even if I got the jump on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe they removed the jackhammer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't let this one slip so far!

Deleted
    2nd continent up on beta, more changes and weapons

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a beta key in Nvidia Giveaway but problem is on nvidia it says its for only saturday and sunday while when i activated it it said i had beta acces nothing about 2days only, any one know if its only 2 days or more since cant download it atm for this weekend -.-
    Last edited by MrDeadcruel; 2012-10-06 at 06:59 PM.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Servers got taken down I guess new conglomerate taking over all of Esamir on the EU server wasn't what the devs had planned.