Poll: Your faction

Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Got a beta key in Nvidia Giveaway but problem is on nvidia it says its for only saturday and sunday while when i activated it it said i had beta acces nothing about 2days only, any one know if its only 2 days or more since cant download it atm for this weekend -.-
    2 days I'm afraid but check your messages

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This game is a shitload of fun. Kind of has a Battlefield:BC2 meets SW:Battlefront** feel to it which I'm really enjoying. Two of my favorite games of all time in a FPSMMO is pretty darn awesome. I like that just a few people working together can make a difference on the map and my contribution to the overall success/failure on the map counts for something (unlike PvP in another recent MMO I've played).

A couple caveats:
    1. My damage feels really low compared to nearly anyone else. Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong but I will get the drop on someone, start shooting, and have then turn around and kill me off

2. How do certs work? I think my lack of certs is the reason I take more/do less damage than other people out there. I've played most of the last couple of days but haven't gotten past level 3-ish.

3. Draw distances are kind of poor which I think gives snipers a huge advantage. Snipers can stay outside the draw distance and just pick people off with their scope zoom. Perhaps other classes get to even out the odds at higher levels with weapon mods?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    :
    1. My damage feels really low compared to nearly anyone else. Not sure what the hell I'm doing wrong but I will get the drop on someone, start shooting, and have then turn around and kill me off
    Are you Vanu? I find that if I'm VS infantry I will lose in a gun fight, period, against other factions. I've been playing TR lately and I kill people left and right as any class. Tearing up heavies an engineer, no problem.

2) You get certs from experience, in short. Capping bases is a pretty fast way to farm them because of the huge experience bonus when you take control. They don't make a huge difference, though having a real sight on your gun is always nice.

3) Snipers are kind of pointless, they won't make a difference in a real fight. Mostly what infs are good for is getting through lines to shoot medics in the back of the face/drop grenades and mines/hack in general. Anyone who just sits on a hill for the occasional kill he can get on someone leaving their spawner is a waste of a spot in the army, imo. Besides, VS take 3(?) shots to kill someone, TR take two if they're headshots, three otherwise last I checked. Completely possible if you're standing still but with bullet drop taken into account, if you just jiggle back and forth the vast majority of players won't be able to kill you.

I do want to see what cert gain is like in their planned release, of course. After they gave us literally tens of thousands of cert points you start to realize that some cert levels are literally in the thousands(!) of points. Getting 20 or 30 in an hour of play means those perks are going to take a long time to get. Of course, none of them are required, so maybe it's not a big deal if you don't only have +60 rounds on your tank instead of +80....still.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-08 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    Hello guys! I have been looking forward to this game few days. I have registered to beta signup and waiting key for now. I just would like to ask few things:

I don't like any CoD games, and FPS games normally. I have expections which is: Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament games and ShootMania. Example I don't like Battlefield at all. But then again I like WvWvW of Guild Wars 2.

In that case will I like Planet Side 2 at all? Is it game for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    A couple caveats:
    On top of the other responses to this about possible weapon imbalances, a few of the people i've heard mention this being a big problem turn out to be running light assault/medic/engi and not realising their jumping grunts (heavy assault) because they aren't noticing the visual difference yet. If someone playing grunt is semi-decent their added shield can give them the time to turn around and kill a light assault even if being fired on first in a lot of situations, especially in close quaters.

*edit*

On a side note, my current concern is with the medic tool. Advanced Medic was my favourite cert in PS1 and I found the medic tool worked pretty much perfectly. In PS2 I find the range to a bit dodgey, there's a dead zone where it will say its healing but not do anything and player movements break the beam far too easily. It's not terrible to use and certainly not class breaking but I do hope they sharpen it up for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Therier88 View Post
    Hello guys! I have been looking forward to this game few days. I have registered to beta signup and waiting key for now. I just would like to ask few things:

I don't like any CoD games, and FPS games normally. I have expections which is: Quake Arena, Unreal Tournament games and ShootMania. Example I don't like Battlefield at all. But then again I like WvWvW of Guild Wars 2.

In that case will I like Planet Side 2 at all? Is it game for me?
    The infantry combat does have a BF3-esque feel to it when it comes to the basics, but there's enough difference in the gameplay to warrant giving it a go especially with it being free-to-play.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-10-08 at 05:52 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

got my beta key today so excited

Deleted
    Interesting reply Nirawen. Well free-to-play can be either blessing or curse. It depends how it's made by company. If it gives any advantage to players who are ready to pay some money it ruins whole game. But if they only give cosmetic items then it's fine for me. Most important thing to me in games is how it feels to play the game. I like whole idea of game. But I can't know yet is it for me. Many FPS games are not for me. But this some way doesn't look like original one. I think my best bet is to wait for beta key and hope I'll get one. And then test this game out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already encountering aimbotting and lag switching by (more than a few) players in the game. Not good.

The aimbots are bad and annoying, but the people lag switching are enough to turn the tide of a battle fairly easily.

Its really unfortunate because this game is amazing in many ways, but that kind of thing will have people abandon ship if the game goes live with this sort of thing.

No doubt, will always be the struggle of games such as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how can you tell if a person is aimbotting, when there are dozens if not hundreds of people shooting each other at both sides? Surely it's easy to tell an aimbotter sniper in TF2, but please tell us, how do you accomplish this in PS2?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I wonder how you came to that aimbotting conclusion as well.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Snipers are ruining my experience ;/ on Esamir atleast

I recieved my beta invite for this and judging by what everyone is saying I am stoked to get home and start installing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lag switching thing is where they take over the other team's turrets right? I hate that.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The lag switching thing is where they take over the other team's turrets right? I hate that.
    Anyone care to expand on this one?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Alright, I have a massive problem and it's called Sony Entertainment.

I got a mail saying I've been accepted into the beta.
    I click on the link to download the beta.
    It tells me to log in, but I've forgotten my password and my account name. So I ask for a reset.
    I wait 5 minutes, I get no mails. So I think, "Hey, I'll just make a new account then, this must be bound to my email."
    No. That was not the case.
    I ask for password again. I wait even longer, no mail arrives.
    SUDDENLY! Several mails arrive, but they are NOT for the old account, only one mail is for the old account and that one simply says the name of of it, the other mails are ALL for the new one. EVEN THOUGH I SPECIFICLY WROTE MY DAMNED OLD NAME IN THE REQUEST!

I'm now waiting for another reset mail, for my old account name. AGAIN! Five minutes and counting.
    What a wonderful, wonderful way to introduce a game.

How the fuck is this even possible? How can it be this hard to simply get a freaking download to work?

Wow, 15 minutes after I clicked on the settings in the new account, I get a mail to verify my email adress. Jesus H Christ.
    No I don't think I'll be playing this game thanks to Shitty Entertainment.

Now I've used up the buddy key I got just to see if I could even get the download working on the new account.
    And yes, that worked. But now I've wasted the buddy key I wanted to give to a friend. So if anyone has one...
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-10-16 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Alright, I have a massive problem and it's called Sony Entertainment.

I got a mail saying I've been accepted into the beta.
    I click on the link to download the beta.
    It tells me to log in, but I've forgotten my password and my account name. So I ask for a reset.
    I wait 5 minutes, I get no mails. So I think, "Hey, I'll just make a new account then, this must be bound to my email."
    No. That was not the case.
    I ask for password again. I wait even longer, no mail arrives.
    SUDDENLY! Several mails arrive, but they are NOT for the old account, only one mail is for the old account and that one simply says the name of of it, the other mails are ALL for the new one. EVEN THOUGH I SPECIFICLY WROTE MY DAMNED OLD NAME IN THE REQUEST!

I'm now waiting for another reset mail, for my old account name. AGAIN! Five minutes and counting.
    What a wonderful, wonderful way to introduce a game.

How the fuck is this even possible? How can it be this hard to simply get a freaking download to work?

Wow, 15 minutes after I clicked on the settings in the new account, I get a mail to verify my email adress. Jesus H Christ.
    No I don't think I'll be playing this game thanks to Shitty Entertainment.

Now I've used up the buddy key I got just to see if I could even get the download working on the new account.
    And yes, that worked. But now I've wasted the buddy key I wanted to give to a friend. So if anyone has one...
    So because you couldn't wait a while for the "forgot your name" email (that and p/w ones are separate afaik) and instead used your buddy key on a new account they're shitty? :s

Yeah 5min for account emails is unusual these days but you can't really blame them when you make a new account and bind a key to it. Can't you change the email and p/w of the new account for whoever you were giving it to?

Remember kids, the measure of a company is the speed of responses to recover account info...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Anyone care to expand on this one?
    Basically its a bug/glitch/hack/exploit, not sure exactly which, where you can hop into an enemy turret. Even kicking out whoever is in it at the time. When the enemy finally figures out what's going on and destroys the turret, they can't repair it. It gets stuck in a destroyed state for an hour or two. Seen it used most at the Crown.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Basically its a bug/glitch/hack/exploit, not sure exactly which, where you can hop into an enemy turret. Even kicking out whoever is in it at the time. When the enemy finally figures out what's going on and destroys the turret, they can't repair it. It gets stuck in a destroyed state for an hour or two. Seen it used most at the Crown.
    Are you sure they aren't just hacking the turret? And yes, I realize the irony in this statement. Switching the control of turrets and using them yourself is an active part of the game, I do it all the time. If they can't be reverse hacked/repaired after you should take it up with SoE.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-16 at 06:18 PM.