Deleted

What's wrong with my internet?

Hello fellow forum goers.

Recently I have been having a problem with my internet, seemingly after installing leatrix.

However this problem affects anyone using the router, 3 of us use it.

The problem is that occasionally we are unable to browse the internet via web browser, but remain able to play WoW and use steam, skype etc.

It comes and goes, but the problem persists even after uninstalling leatrix, resetting the router to factory default.
    However, disabling my network adapter and re enabling it sometimes helps.

What could it be? Dodgy router? Bad ISP?

Update drivers for NIC perhaps?

Make sure the router is not forwarding anything to any predetermined IP, or "smart traffic control / quality of service control" is not on. QoS on my netgear router messes up the network regularly if left on.

Otherwise, could be a dodgy router, modem, isp or even some kind of malware that's propagated itself over your home network. Scan all connected PCs with MalwareBytes

The way leatrix works, it really shouldn't cause this amount of problems.
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-11-01 at 02:44 AM.

Deleted
    But it's not just my computer, same problem for my bro and mums computer, leads me to think it's router/ISP related.

worry replied to the wrong post. btw no idea whats wrong with your internet but something like that is also happening to my gf new laptop when she connects to my router.

Not sure if it'll do much, but try http://speedtest.net/. And tell us your scores.
    My PC: | AMD A8-3870 Quad Core @ 3.0 GHz | 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT1600 MHz | Biostar A55MH| Logisys 330W | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit |

Deleted
    any more ideas?

Few things to try:

1) Unplug the modem and router for at least 10 minutes to make sure it clears their memory.
    2) Flush your DNS tables. (Start->type "cmd" Enter->type "ipconfig /flushdns"->hit Enter)
    3) Run a constant ping test to Google (Start->type "cmd" Enter->type "ping 8.8.8.8 -t"->hit Enter; Ctrl+C to stop)
    -look for any spikes in the response times while it is misbehaving
    4) Contact your ISP and see if anyone else has been reporting similar issues.
    Last edited by Coldchaos; 2011-11-02 at 07:55 PM.