Thread: Favorite beer?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by -staticfire- View Post
    Should also mention, maybe once a week when the weekend starts i'll grab a 6 pack (ish) and usually a tallie of some random beer i've never had before just to see what it's like, anyone else do that?
    I try to go to places that let you pick your six (build your own six pack) and I get 5 that I havent had (if possible) and then one that is a staple. It does start to get quite difficult when I have had well over 400 different kinds of beer from at least 12 countries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

My favorite is Paulaner

Malzbier, dark and sweet.

flying dog, if your a marylander / nova guy like myself

My highest rated beer is Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter an imperial porter aged on bourbon barrels. But when it comes to just drinking lots of "cheap" beer, I tend to go for stuff like Fullers London Porter, Oppigårds Amarillo, BrewDog Punk IPA, Sierra Nevada Torpedo etc. Depending on what I can find on the shelves at Systembolaget (alcohol shop).

I also write about beer, it's mostly in swedish though. Ölsvammel - Beer Drivel - www.beerdrivel.se

Any true beer fan would say Bud Light, its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    I try to go to places that let you pick your six (build your own six pack) and I get 5 that I havent had (if possible) and then one that is a staple. It does start to get quite difficult when I have had well over 400 different kinds of beer from at least 12 countries...
    Haha, I do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-out View Post
    Any true beer fan would say Bud Light, its a no brainer.
    honestly lately i've leaned toward bud light when i don't care about taste so much and just want to get drunk....other than that, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Newcastle Ale. Out of dozens of brands I've tasted - no competition. Not even close.

Out of the light, casual stuff - Corona with lime.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

People call Corona a woman's beer, but I don't give a shit it's still my favorite beer :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    Gulden Draak
    Seen that in the supermarket, thought of trying it but it was so goddamn expensive, I reconsidered.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 05:43 AM ----------

Worth a thousand words:

http://files.myopera.com/edwardpierc...rown-Ale-1.JPG
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Seen that in the supermarket, thought of trying it but it was so goddamn expensive, I reconsidered.
    It's a marvelous beer, and I have had a lot of beers, almost every beer in this thread even.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    You should reconsider your reconsideration and splurge. Buy yourself a bottle of Gulden Draak and drink the absolute wonderfulness that it is. 97/100 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Harry Botter -

Any pleasant surprises? Any "oh my god im pouring this beer down the drain right now because it's so gross" experiences?

470+ beers, that's impressive!

Any lighter beers you would recommend? (I know, im a wuss, all falls back to a bad, bad, BAD experience at 19)...

Deleted
    Staropramen. Always has been, always will be

Guinness and spotted cow!

Lowenbrau Keller