Has anyone else gotten Stood in Fire while on a paid gryphon?

I am curious because when it happened members of the guild didn't believe it - I was AFK on the flight from SW to WPL. It knocked my characters health down a lot, when I took a look at the screen I had less than half and was scrolling through chat to see who they were gratzing. Reading the combat long it stated my character had been killed immediately around five times with similar number of refreshes. How many other people have gotten it this way?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Had this happen over the weekend..was wondering if this acquirement was still valid!

You CAN get it while on an FP, but since you can't actually die while in progress it'll just drop your health to 1 and stop there.

Saw Deathwing in Wetlands. Got a guildie on my back (Sandstone Drake), didn't drop health at all, but just got the achievement while flying through the fire.
    "MMMMMMMButtscratcher!"

Deleted
    my guild mate took portal from org to uldum and got the achi instantly when landing in uldum but didnt die, when i did it, i died, strange how it works;/

Yeah, I've heard of guildies getting it while on flight paths. My personal methods have been the following:

-While alt tabbed out of the game on my Dwarf Shaman alt, that I was levelling to experience the new Cataclysm levelling zones while waiting for Cataclysm to actually release
    -Waiting for a raid to start, seeing the sky turn red and quickly jumping on my mount and flying down into some fire: didn't die, took some HP damage, but got the achi
    -Hearing a guildie go 'omfg Deathwing's in Uldum', charging through the portal and hoping I would get it in time. Barely managed it.

My personal experience (and experiences of my guildies) suggests that Deathwing loves Uldum. He goes there all the damn time it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    My personal experience (and experiences of my guildies) suggests that Deathwing loves Uldum. He goes there all the damn time it seems.
    And tanaris, while levelling an alt i've seen him there 3 times in one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been on a rental mount and gotten the achievement, but I've acquired it on several different toons...

The first was my undead priest, doing his Venomhide Ravasaur quests in Tanaris; Deathwing flew right beside the pit where one goes to acquire the eggs to feed the hatchling. A quick mount-up and ride uphill netted the first achievement. Next time, I spotted Deathwing flying parallel with the border between Tanaris and Thousand Needles.. while on the priest I just mentioned. I logged out, hopped onto my Blood Elf mage and teleported to Dalaran / used the Caverns of Time portal to get to Tanaris. Deathwing was gone; but some of his flames were still left and I went to do a happy dance in them for the achievement. The next time was while questing, in Uldum.. with the same priest from the previous examples.. and Deathwing was flying right at Ramkahen. I logged from the priest, scrambled to get my Orc DK in, and got through the portal to Uldum just in time to see Ramkahen bathed in flames. Sizzle, achievement.

After that, I was on an herb gathering run in Uldum with my Worgen druid, and Deathwing appeared at Ramkahen. I turned and burned for Ramkahen, and got the achievement while in flight form, hovering in mid-air. The latest toon I had get the achievement was actually questing in Arathi Highlands (a Worgen mage I'm trying to level in frost spec); I spotted Deathwing flying parallel with the border between Arathi and Wetlands. I ran as fast as a base ground mount would carry me, and managed to make it to the flames and claim victory before they dissipated.

Uldum and Tanaris are Deathwing's most popular targets though, by all accounts I have read and seen.

EDIT: decided to add a screen for my encounter with DW on my druid. (Click the thumbnail to see the shot.)
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2011-11-04 at 08:59 AM.

#FlightIsImportant

Deleted
    Maybe he wants to find the Mysterious Camel Figurine?

Deleted
    I dont even have this yet... despite being maxed out in archeology and herb hunting i still hvnt seen the dragon

Funny story, I arrived in Twilight Highlands from the portal. As I flew off, I noticed a Zepplin on fire. I thought that was odd, so I caught up to it and landed on it to see what was going on.

I landed, got the Achievement from it, realized what had happened, and flew off again. Got it without even dying.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK also got this achievement while flying on gryphon-Taxi. And she did not die, her HP just got very low.

Yeah, he really does seem to love Uldum. And Blasted Lands. Those are the two places I regularly see him.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

A guildie of mine saw Deathwing was coming and summoned me there, was in Twilight Highlands. Seems to happen there a lot, I've got in on two toons there.

Stood next to the fire and got the achievement but I felt is was necessary to stand in it and die to satisfy the WoW gods
    Last edited by Ream; 2011-11-07 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Corrected punctuation fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mentally vexed View Post
    You CAN get it while on an FP, but since you can't actually die while in progress it'll just drop your health to 1 and stop there.
    exactly.
    got it on my main on a FP headed out of SW. Combat log told me I was dead..but I got better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired View Post
    I agree, I want to see them explain this one, my guess would be: Well, art team stayed up really late, had a little too much souther comfort, and well, Hunter tier 13 was created