Deleted

2 Monitors on 1 PC

So I finally bought my 2nd screen to have 2 screens for 1 pc.

My videocard is the NVIDIA GEFORGE 570, this one got 2 plugs comming out for 2 VGA-cables.
    So this should be doable for my 2 screens to play toghether? (to make it one desktop)

One screen is 24" and the other (same brand) is 22"
    Is there gonna be trouble with diffrent resolutions on each screen? (I heard something about that)

Anyone with experience about this, connecting the 2 screens on one desktop? I'd love some advise how to handle this.

Maybe there already is a thread about this, but with the words "two screens on one monitor" I get not a satisfying result

/cheers

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Screen resolution varies by model and size, you may need to adjust the second monitor when plugged in you may not. Just plug the second monitor in. Real question is do you want the second monitor mimicking what is on the main screen or do you want your screen spread across two monitors or do you want the second screen for checking out mmo champ during a raid?

Deleted
    I want my screens to share the same desktop, so I can swipe my windows from one screen to the other. This is for example to check websites on my second screen, while I got WoW on my main screen. So your last suggestion Culadin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    I want my screens to share the same desktop, so I can swipe my windows from one screen to the other. This is for example to check websites on my second screen, while I got WoW on my main screen. So your last suggestion Culadin.
    That would be the "extend" option then.
    It works fine even if they're different resolutions... I did it for years with my 1366x768 laptop extended to a 1920x1080 secondary screen.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    So if I just plug both VGA's and do the setup in Windows7, choose the Extend option, it should all work without any trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    So if I just plug both VGA's and do the setup in Windows7, choose the Extend option, it should all work without any trouble?
    Yeah it's very very simple. When you plug them both in it should prompt for duplicate or extend and that's all you do and it's good to go.

Yea you should be fine i use a 27inch and 22inch as 2nd monitor the resolution wont be a problem just make sure you play wow in fullscreen window mode.. so when you switch back and forth wow doesnt go minimise once you do this i warn you.. you will love it.. you wont go back.. Have FUN. ^_^

on a side note its when you get into 3+ where things become more complicated..
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

note that you can switch the monitors by dragging them in the screen resolution options.

switching the cables doesn't actually work for some reason

Deleted
    You just need to put into window mode or else you can't use it while playing. GL with it, I love it!

Just keep in mind that if you're playing a game in full-screen mode, you will have to alt-tab out of the game to access anything on the second monitor.

Deleted
    As far as i know the 570 doesnt have VGA ports only DVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Just keep in mind that if you're playing a game in full-screen mode, you will have to alt-tab out of the game to access anything on the second monitor.
    any idea if they are going to change that in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Thefishtank View Post
    If if run it as 'full screen windowed' you can move your mouse across. Looks just like full screen, it just doesn't lock down the mouse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefishtank View Post
    ???

They cant lol... Not sure you understand how fullscreen works. Windowed Fullscreen yes, but you suffer a FPS drop

A program called Actual Multiple Monitors can make your life a lot easier. I suggest trying it out.

oh i get how fullscreen works... doesnt mean i have to like how it works LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbss View Post
    As far as i know the 570 doesnt have VGA ports only DVI.
    But the idea stays the same right? Just plug 2nd VGI in and play?

Isn't DVI Analog and VGA Digital? (i am not real good with this shit)

DVI by default is digital, and VGA is always analog. DVI has the option to output analog with adapter + driver settings.

To answer the original question, yes you can easily have 2 monitors with 2 different resolutions coming out of 1 video card on your PC.

Nvidia Desktop Manager/Nvidia Control Panel or whatever they call it now will let you configure it.
    Last edited by Scubascythe; 2011-11-02 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    Cool, just scored a new DVI, so will try tonight to plug it

Cheers for the help peeps.