Deleted

Best place to skin Heavy Leather/Hides.

I'm currently levelling leatherworking, and instead of playing ridiculous prices for the mats, I've been farming them. Though I can't find any place to reliably farm Heavy Leather. I've looked through a lot of sites, and the majority of them say to farm Yeti's in Alterac Mountains, or Raptors in Dustwallow. Neither of these places are dropping much heavy leather at all, mostly thin and medium.

Thanks for any tips in advance!

There is a trick I've figured out over the years of WoW, and it applies with all gathering professions.

You compare as if you were power leveling a gathering profession:

1-300 (gathering) = 1-60 (player levels)

300 / 60 = 5

Heavy Leather = 150 skinning so:

150 divided by 5 = 30

So from this formula we found out heavy leather be can most commonly skinned from level 30 mobs.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but it does to me, tried my best to word it.

Deleted
    It does make sense, I'll head over to some level 30 mobs and test it out, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty sure it's about level 30 mobs, been about 4-5 years since I leveled LW but good luck!

Deleted
    1. go to wowhead
    2. search for whatever you want to farm
    3. arrange comments according to rating
    4. look for a high rating and recent comment => this will probably tell you where it's easiest to farm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    1. go to wowhead
    2. search for whatever you want to farm
    3. arrange comments according to rating
    4. look for a high rating and recent comment => this will probably tell you where it's easiest to farm
    That was what I did orignally, and all of them pointed to areas that were dropping more medium than heavy, by a long shot.

I always look at the "gathered from" tab, or in this case the "skinned from" tab. Looks like you want mobs between level 35 and 40, top of the list looks to be Dustwallow Marsh, with all the various packs of raptors, dragonkin, crocs, etc. Might be a good place to try.