Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    it's lame but I see nothing wrong with it

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everything isn't a ninja just because you disagree with it, or because it inconveniences you.

Reserved loot was a part of pug raiding long before WoW. There's really nothing wrong with it. The raid leader is free to set whatever whacky loot rules he/she wants, and the raid will succeed or fail accordingly. It balances itself out in the long run.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn, you beat me to it..I was about to write that. Seriously. These guys pretty much will gurantee you a smooth run, will lead the team, explain tactics, set healing and tanking, prolly do the best dps and carry a few guys, might let you use the vent they pay for - and you QQ about them setting rules?

But hey..I bet you also would complain about LFD and LFraid?
    But if one of those BOEs is an upgrade for him, why wouldn't he be able to roll for? That's just stupid.

I must say i dont see that kind of message often.

Here on Pandaren Island, we work together towards a common goal that benefits every Panda equally.

Only the Sha, or those who want to empower the Sha with negative energy would reserve loot.

To answer the title it's not ninja'ing at all because you can clearly see in the message that some loot is on reserve, so it's completly up to you to join.

Loot rules are stated before the run is initiated.

There is no valid comparison to ninjaing.

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Reserving loot is beyond retarded and i would never, ever, join a group with reserved loot no matter if i could use it or not
    I don't understand why it offends you, but this is the correct answer for people that don't like it. Just don't join. Pretty simple. His raid, his rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skeebopshapow View Post
    the raid leader(s) put in much more effort than the rest of the group

true story
    i gotta agree with this, if im going to lead 9 or 24 other people in a pug, that i dont know, and some will be people who like to troll, i should be able to have any item i want that drops. OP is probably just one of those dps'ers that tags along and does a mediocre job at his role, and expects to be handed everything. the raid leader determines all rules, ninjaing is when you say that everyone can roll, then take something and run with it.
    weeee!

Blizzard doesn't think it's wrong. As long as the loot rules are stated before hand it's NOT ninjaing. anybody saying otherwise is just raging because he doesn't have what it takes to lead he's own group or is too lazy to do so.

Reserving is very different from ninja. First off, you are let known what items the Raid leader wants for him and you have the choice of going with him or not. Second, the game doesn't revolve around you OP, people usually assemble groups with something in mind, they're not assembling groups to give you free purps. See, if I would be having a hard time trying to assemble a BH run for a chance to grab a piece of gear that I want, why would i bother adding someone the same spec I am? Would you honestly do it? If you were assembling a raid, Would you like losing a piece of gear you really wanted to someone that did like 5k dps because you added another dps the same spec as you are just to please someone lazy trolling the trade chat and thinking "what a selfish raid leader, just having himself as that class/spec lolool" or something else while you are assembling the group? If you had the chance to avoid this scenario wouldn't you just have yourself as the only rogue in your BH run?
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2011-11-01 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octorokcov View Post
    I don't understand why it offends you,
    Two words for you. Entitlement Generation.

It's not ninjaing because you're warned beforehand that you won't be able to roll on some specific loot piece. Therefore, you might choose not to join that group. Ninjaing involves taking the loot by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    I don't join loot reserved groups. Everyone puts the same amount of effort into the raid, everyone should have a fair shot at the loot.
    This. However you look at at, reserving is just Naruto'ing. Ninja'ing but everyone knows about it ahead of time. I mean, he has an orange jump suit ffs, you would think combined with his flashy attacks he would be the worst ninja ever.

Deleted
    in all fairness i've been doing Bh25 and was doing VoA25 the same, i always made sure no1 could roll against my class specific loot only for MS ofc, i was never bothered about OS options coz i was a feral tank so my items worked both ways

Deleted
    You'll see this everyday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Go make your own group with your own rules if you don't like it.
    This.

And it's like making a guild run, with pugs. Raid leader = Raid rule(er)

Deleted
    It just means that the RL really wants the items and probably won't ninja anything else. In no way would the RL "ninja" it, as by joining you agreed to what happens with the loot.

Don't forget the freedom to not join.

Rather know it beforehand if the RL plans to ninja the item/-s anyway, than ninja ->Raid disband.. like 90% of the ICC25 pugs ended up with disbanding because of ninjaing @ the time I raided.

I hate the BH example, I left 3 straight bh groups last lock out, because they kept over stacking my class. Then they have the balls to whisper me and complain about me leaving group.

As far as reserves go, it's pretty much the same. Don't join them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Its fine if its only an item or two, or if its something alone the lines of the fragments needed for the Ulduar mace or Shadowmourne. If you don't like it than simply don't join, or better yet form your own group.