Some questions about SWOTOR

Hey all just a couple questions I can't seem to find or just failing to find

1. the Dialogue choices seem similar to the ones in Mass effect does this mean we can still choose a bit of morality or how the quest is done? or does it mean your still sith/republic, and your still collecting 10 jawa livers

2. I'm sorta picky when it comes to the look of my star wars chars... I like helms lol (Darth vader and Jango Fett FTW) do you have to have a face or can you choose to have a semi perm faceplate/Helm

3. I've heard the ranged classes can tank as well how does this work out in the game in your opinion? does it seem clunky or did Bioware pull through and get it smooth?
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no "O" in SWTOR. =)

Yes, they are nearly identical to ME and DA. Yes, you will still be collecting Jawa livers at times.

You can make your face, and use the show/hide helmet button. They won't come with helmets though.

NDA material, but it works from what we've heard. It's just a different mindset and feel.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaMoose View Post
    Hey all just a couple questions I can't seem to find or just failing to find

1. the Dialogue choices seem similar to the ones in Mass effect does this mean we can still choose a bit of morality or how the quest is done? or does it mean your still sith/republic, and your still collecting 10 jawa livers

2. I'm sorta picky when it comes to the look of my star wars chars... I like helms lol (Darth vader and Jango Fett FTW) do you have to have a face or can you choose to have a semi perm faceplate/Helm

3. I've heard the ranged classes can tank as well how does this work out in the game in your opinion? does it seem clunky or did Bioware pull through and get it smooth?
    It is Swtor not Swotor.

1. You get Dark side and Light side points for choices/ the story changes bit. If you are heavily dark sides you get cosmetic changes of your character (which is optional though).

2. You can customize the looks of your gear, and yes you can wear a helm if you want.

3. I don't see a problem there. Imagine you are tanking in WoW and instead being right in the bosses face you are few steps back and the boss would shoot you with ranged attacks. About how it actually is in the game, there is a NDA that protects anything beta related.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Omg FAIL on my part absolute and total FAIL
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

All your questions have been answered already, but to add about the Light side/Dark side points.
    they have stated about the cosmetic changes, and it has been speculated that in order to obtain titles like "Darth" or "Lord" then you will need to follow the
    dark path with your character (for sith of course) and show that you are truly a "true" sith devoted to the dark side.

Will be interesting to see how it all works out.

SWTOR
    SWTOR
    1. I would guess how it's how you go about dealing with people but not drastically changing how the quests work.
    2. Only once you get a helmet.
    3. Yeah sure, it's..............*this sentence has been destroyed by NDA*

This article helps explain a bit more about the dialog choices in SW:TOR - http://torwars.com/2011/10/30/path-t...-of-the-shrew/

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Fail on my part as well. =p

LOL Fail on my part as well. =p
    Loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxeternal View Post
    it has been speculated that in order to obtain titles like "Darth" or "Lord" then you will need to follow the
    dark path with your character (for sith of course) and show that you are truly a "true" sith devoted to the dark side.
    I think they said the Darth and Lord titles are obtained during the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor class stories, and are the equivalent of "Jedi Knight" and "Jedi Master".

NDA prevents me telling you anything about ranged tanking that is concrete and factual without "I think" or some other speculative/hypothetical clause to my statements. :P

Well here is an old video of a trooper tanking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvVxIVs8Ntc&

Should give some idea of how ranged tanks will work. Just remember that this is an old video (omg old UI even) and will probably not look very polished or smooth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    Well here is an old video of a trooper tanking:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvVxIVs8Ntc&

Should give some idea of how ranged tanks will work. Just remember that this is an old video (omg old UI even) and will probably not look very polished or smooth.
    Heh, I remember when this video was released and everyone talking about Master Oteg sounding like Winnie the Pooh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufcat View Post
    Heh, I remember when this video was released and everyone talking about Master Oteg sounding like Winnie the Pooh.
    But he does!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzbert View Post
    I think they said the Darth and Lord titles are obtained during the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor class stories, and are the equivalent of "Jedi Knight" and "Jedi Master".
    This is a huge issue and may be changed before launch, so don't set this in stone just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    NDA material, but it works from what we've heard. It's just a different mindset and feel.
    I've been wondering about this for a while. Aren't game conventions not covered under the NDA? And the ranged tank classes were available during game conventions, so technically we could talk about that so long as we aren't "officially" discussing it from under the banner of "beta experience". In fact, you could probably speak about just about every combat and game system (barring recently-added material, flashpoints, and operations) since nearly everything was available in those conventions.

Then again, I can't seem to find any conclusive information that would indicate one way or the other. Perhaps others would have more luck finding a source indicating the scope of the NDA for non-testers.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can talk about things from conventions, but the details from them are still rather small. The problem comes in when people start talking about things in the beta that weren't in the conventions. For example, what I said about them is almost the extent of what we know from conventions. They do work, and have a bit of a different feel.

Deleted
    The one thing that will bug me, and I know there is no way around it, is being a Trooper tank and being point blank with a Rifle. I want a space shotgun. THEN it won't feel so weird.