Where do the books tie in?

I just finished Fatal Alliance and am starting Deceived. Without spoiling the stories, can you give me any hints on how the stories from the books will tie in to the game at all? Are any of the characters from the books NPC's in the game?

Yes characters from Deceived are NPCs in the game. The deceived story leads up the the timeline in TOR.

Thats all i will say right now.=P

Quote Originally Posted by stompyomouf View Post
    I just finished Fatal Alliance and am starting Deceived. Without spoiling the stories, can you give me any hints on how the stories from the books will tie in to the game at all? Are any of the characters from the books NPC's in the game?
    Yes, characters from the books are in the game. The books take place during the Great War and before the Treaty of Coruscant and the start of the cold war(the time we play in). The SWTOR:Revan book will be out soon as well and is said to tie up questions from Kotor 1 & 2 as well as giving us some information on characters or events in or around the TOR timeline.

As others have stated, Deceived leads up to the events in TOR and it depicts in greater detail what happened before and after the Deceived trailer (http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer).

After reading both Deceived and Fatal Alliance, it seems that Fatal Alliance takes place after Deceived. Namely, because in Deceived Satele Shan is mentioned but not as Grand Master whereas in Fatal Alliance she is a main character and is addressed as Grand Master.

In any case, both Darth Malgus and Grand Master Satele Shan are major characters for their respective factions, and both can be seen in this video: http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/signs-war

Also, the Dark Council, which is made frequent mention of in Fatal Alliance, will likely be key NPCs for Empire players.

Good. Im about half way through playing KotOR again. I never played KotOR II, I might give that a go I guess. I was currious about Reven. The books are really great, they are not what I was expecting at all.

Without giving plot away, I believe the aftermath of Fatal Alliance may surface again in the form of an operation... as in they weren't ultimately successful and now we have to save everything once again. I would LOVE it.

That would be SO awesome. I am trying to think how fatal alliance would work in and I just cant see how it would work other than a flashpoint or operation. That would be supremely badass though. Like the last boss being <spoiler>Ax and her droid army</spoiler>.

Hmm... I think there are lots of options here.

Highlight the following, as spoilers are included:The illusion was that Ax's mother was part of the liquid contained in the clones life sustaining chamber. She could still be alive somewhere on the planet, and the planet itself wasn't destroyed (I don't think...). The planet could be a pvp world, as it was supposedly rich in materials. The world could be a new quest area post 50. The planet could have always been a complete droid itself, and the whole "factory" was a cover. That's the least likely, but I think the cooler. It could be this millennium's death star. The moons supposedly had factories on them, and there wasn't a whole lot of clarity on what happened there. Dao Stryver alluded to the Mandalorian interest in the area, but there could be more to it. This could be a place that war begins anew with the Mandalorian people. Jet Nebula is extremely mysterious as well. Who knows if he isn't planning to return to the area. Just some brainstorming.

Have you seen the epic cinematic trailer "Deceived".? The book basically expands and continues from that point. Its a couple years before the start of the game I believe. It describes the events leading up to the game.

In my opinion, Fatal Alliance didn't really tie in that well into ToR. I didn't even like it much as a book. Deceived a must read though. It gives some great backstory on Malgus. The upcoming Revan book is the first book I've ever preordered, really looking forward to reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    In my opinion, Fatal Alliance didn't really tie in that well into ToR. I didn't even like it much as a book. Deceived a must read though. It gives some great backstory on Malgus. The upcoming Revan book is the first book I've ever preordered, really looking forward to reading it.
    I'll be giving SWTOR:Revan a read even though I Googled some info about its release date and stumbled upon a forum post from a guy with no spoiler warnings who claimed to have read it and provided a synopsis. Curiosity got the best of me, I read a paragraph or two and then stopped. Stay away from any spoiler sites if you plan on reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by stompyomouf View Post
    The stories of the books, including the one yet to be released [Revan] will tie in to the game the way a prologue ties the setting/meaning of a story together. All of the information within the books is related in a way to how the Great Galactic War concluded, took place, or was prepared for. The setting/beginning of the Game is about the way the treaty of coruscant [which was forced upon the Republic by the Empire within decieved] begins to fall apart, and the skirmishes upon the planets within the game that also take part in tearing that treaty apart, and creating another full scale war. Multiple characters from the books will also be included, such as Satele Shan and Darth Malgus, which both play pivotal parts in where the games story is going to go next, Darth Malgus being an extraordinary candidate for the next Dark Lord of the Sith, and Satele Shan being the Jedi Order's Grand Master [Equivelant to Yoda].

Any more questions, go ahead and shoot my way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought both books were pretty good (listened to both of them). The funny thing is I was listening to Deceived at work through my computer speakers while another co-worker was tuning into the book as well. By coincidence, I paused at the end of the chapter that leads into the Deceived cinematic. He asked (from a cubicle away), "hey, what happens next???" I thought about just starting the book back up but instead I said, "well, why I don't I just show you" then played him the cinematic. He thought it was uber cool.

If your a lore freak and/or just want to learn more about the main characters in SWTOR I would give both of them a read/listen. I will concur on Redgoon23's opinion that Deceived has a better story (Malgus is a fascinating character). I also plan on giving Revan a listen when it comes out this month.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Having never read the books, what would be a good one to start with in terms of SWTOR lore?
    And it can go farther back then just before the deceived trailer, Id like to see what all happen in the past, not just from the timelines they have on the SWTOR site.