Deleted

Introduction for the experienced?

I'm not sure if it even exists but here we go:
    I'm one of the people who probably will be quitting WoW for SWTOR, but as with everything new, it can be a bit confusing and I know there's a lot of information about the game.
    However, so far alot of the info i can find feels like it's introductionary to people who are completely new to mmo's. So my questions is: is there like a site or a forum that focus more on the content from a view of someone who already know the basics of an MMO, but would like to know more about the advanced mechanics and stuff like theorycrafting?

Maybe it's too early, I don't know, but it sure would be helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Darthhater is pretty good for info.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

10+ Year Old Account
    sithwarrior.com is a theorycrafting site, tho it hasn't been updated for about a month. The forum is still active tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

First, you want to get yourself familiar with all of the available info on the official website. It'll help you digest the additional info on fansites easier
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for one catch-all site to give you everything you need, you're out of luck. You're stuck just picking up bits and pieces here and there if you're looking for detailed info. That is until the NDA is lifted.

Start with the official website as Zara said above. There is pretty good info in their forums as well (for instance, each class thread).

Next, hit up the main sticky in this forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...arious-sources

After you've gone through all that you can search for the sites out there that break the NDA and have further info.

www.swtor.com is the offical site. Theres not a lot of theorycrafting that can be done yet since the NDA is still in effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    www.swtor.com is the offical site. Theres not a lot of theorycrafting that can be done yet since the NDA is still in effect.
    Pardon the ignorance I havent done alot of research but havent they been hosting open beta weekends and such things for the general public lately?

I could be wrong as I know some people in the beta and could just be hearing them wrong.

In which case I suggest the best way to get swtor info is make friends with people in the beta =D
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    Definitely too early.
    It's still in beta, under the NDA.

There are alot of folks in the boat of leaving WoW for TOR, I also am one of them.

Things I can tell you, the ease and comfortability of moving from WoW to TOR is pretty seamless.

Very familiar hotkeys, UI has some minor difference but is easy to follow.

Codex is awesome, its like an in game knowledge base with tons of useful info.

Once the NDA is lifted, which I would guess would be near the end of this month if they end up doing a HUGE weekend beta, we can talk more details.

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Pardon the ignorance I havent done alot of research but havent they been hosting open beta weekends and such things for the general public lately?

I could be wrong as I know some people in the beta and could just be hearing them wrong.

In which case I suggest the best way to get swtor info is make friends with people in the beta =D
    The betas are not open, they are closed and they're inviting more people for weekend beta tests, which are also closed but have a larger number of invitees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    There are alot of folks in the boat of leaving WoW for TOR, I also am one of them.

Things I can tell you, the ease and comfortability of moving from WoW to TOR is pretty seamless.

Very familiar hotkeys, UI has some minor difference but is easy to follow.

Codex is awesome, its like an in game knowledge base with tons of useful info.

Once the NDA is lifted, which I would guess would be near the end of this month if they end up doing a HUGE weekend beta, we can talk more details.

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 10:41 AM ----------

The betas are not open, they are closed and they're inviting more people for weekend beta tests, which are also closed but have a larger number of invitees.
    Ah that sounds about right, thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

yeah, you should check out the official site for the info. Darthhater and others are fairly good, just keep in mind when you get into the forums that most of what you are reading is guesswork based on things people have read or seen and there is a lot of incorrect or half correct info floating around on there. The NDA prevents people who have actually played from chiming in and correcting the wrong information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Pretty much your best answer, that or darthhater.com. The NDA is preventing the information getting out that you are looking for. But to be honest, there are tons of theorycrafting going on all over this forum, but its just that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Ah that sounds about right, thanks for clearing that up for me.
    It's basically the same, perhaps a little simpler. I can safely say that TOR isn't so much of a WoW clone as it is a WAR clone though, it's movements and style match it to a tee.

Deleted
    awesome thanks for the answers, I wasnt aware the NDA was still up, so that may explain why I felt there was some kind of lack of info.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for the NDA to lift then look for a good site...Untill then most of the info is just gonna be the basic info that has been released on the official site because most of the other info is NDA blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Curnbabs View Post
    I'm not sure if it even exists but here we go:
    I'm one of the people who probably will be quitting WoW for SWTOR, but as with everything new, it can be a bit confusing and I know there's a lot of information about the game.
    However, so far alot of the info i can find feels like it's introductionary to people who are completely new to mmo's. So my questions is: is there like a site or a forum that focus more on the content from a view of someone who already know the basics of an MMO, but would like to know more about the advanced mechanics and stuff like theorycrafting?

I think it's really just a misconception. people have gotten so used to MMOs meaning an only endgame game that they forget that there is an RPG in MMORPG.

This games sole focus is not on endgame and raids. I think all beta characters start at level one, so most info told and leaked are of the players experience from around the 1-20 range.

It's not so much that it's all for beginners its that this game gives more focus to important alternative things that go heavily neglected in other games in compensation for the pure raid grind other games focus way too much on.

That and the game isn't out yet, people want to know whats different so they typically start with the basics to explain how thier game diverges from the one-track pit others fall into.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.