Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Question Turtle doesn't make sense.

Im not very interested in pandas at all. But turtle is their starting area, and when i thought about it, i just cant come up with anything that makes sense. Here are some questions i would ask:

- Is turtle alive? If it is, what does it eat? (I doubt plankton would make it sated)
    - So it moves around the world, why? Where does it go? Certainly not under water...
    - If you thought Nespirah is big, imagine the size of that thing.
    - Is it one of its kind? Why? Or where are the others?
    - How did pandarens find the turtle? Did it arrive to Pandaria and was like (in its giant voice) "climb a board, leaving in 10 minutes!"

Anyone?

Dont expect to find sense in a game that mails you dragons and bears

Considering none of us have anymore info available to them than you do, there's not much anyone here can tell you.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, I dont think anyone here can give you a proper answer. Not even the people that make the lore can, its more than likely they just thought it would be cool.
    This Pear.......So Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    extra-demensional dragons makes more sense?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of a giant turtle with an island on it's back is pretty common in asian themes, I think. They even had one in Avatar: The Last Airbender, near the very end of the TV series. Though I think it was drawn by Americans.

Although technically, it was a Lion Turtle: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lion_Turtle
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see the Panda Turtle end game boss.... like a 100man raid or something epic like that.

/notsureifserious

How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? I'm a literal minded killjoy. All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C. S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of foliage floats the surface of the ocean, so maybe a lot of its constantly rising?

Or maybe it's being driven by the power of the Panderan Booze?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    extra-demensional dragons makes more sense?
    yes they do, as does magic, because i dont have a real world reference. You know usually you can come up with something that does make sense in many cases.

Deleted
    Yup the panda is alive, you can even goto the edge (or will be able to) and see the animated head, this was all said at blizzcon.

I expect it eats people on mmo champ who ask awkward questions.

Deleted
    I play a walking bull-man that turns into a chicken tat shoots lasers and nature shizz from my hands. I kill things made of fire in a realm made of fire so I can help a tree grow. I ride a dragon made of bones to fight against another dragon whos innards are basically lava. The other day I got a dragon in my mailbox. I have a character who logged out on a floating rock.

Makes total sense.

Also, a wizard did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now we have a way of exploiting it and killing all the Panderans.

All we need is a few casters to blast it's face with a bunch of spells (Or maybe some Goblins and Gnomes with sapper charges) and force it to retract its head and submerge.

No more starter zone!
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    Im not very interested in pandas at all. But turtle is their starting area, and when i thought about it, i just cant come up with anything that makes sense. Here are some questions i would ask:

- Is turtle alive? If it is, what does it eat? (I doubt plankton would make it sated)
    - So it moves around the world, why? Where does it go? Certainly not under water...
    - If you thought Nespirah is big, imagine the size of that thing.
    - Is it one of its kind? Why? Or where are the others?
    - How did pandarens find the turtle? Did it arrive to Pandaria and was like (in its giant voice) "climb a board, leaving in 10 minutes!"

Anyone?
    so.... why couldnt plankton sate it's hunger? i mean, whale eat plankton and they live just fine

Signature by Kenz

You know what else doesnt make sense - Dual Crossbows. If you tried to use 2 xbows, you would actually reload slower and have slower rate of fire than if you had just one. Think about it, how awkward it would be to reload 2 crossbows.

you are thinking way to far into a fantasy game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex View Post
    You know what else doesnt make sense - Dual Crossbows. If you tried to use 2 xbows, you would actually reload slower and have slower rate of fire than if you had just one. Think about it, how awkward it would be to reload 2 crossbows.
    Ehh, the crossbow reloads magically. There you go.
    This Pear.......So Delicious.

Turtles, all the way down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly its a sub species of A'tuin the world turtle, similar in physiology but on a much smaller scale. The turtle helps generate life on its back due to the magical energy is creates. The organisms living on its back manage and use the magical energies preventing them from building up and killing the turtle. Clearly having lifeforms flourish on its back is advantageous.

I also read somwhere the turtle first turned up as a baby to pandaria, where a pandarian left with it on its back raft stylee. It return next year and the panda had befriended the turtle but also build a small house on its back as the turtle had grown. It getting returning year after year pickign up new travelers as it got bigger...

also i'd have to agree on one thing too...

a wizard did it