Serenity addon - no longer supported, anyone have another?

So I've gotten really used to the Serenity addon, it was one of my favorites and I rely on it quite a bit. On PTR it is no longer working and according to the author's guild site, it is no longer supported (author no longer plays).

Anyone have a replacement or has decided to take it over to keep it going?

To be fair more or less every aspect of Serenity can be recreated (probably in a more flexible way as well) by Auras and a simple energy bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out JS' Hunter Bar, i use it and it works great tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Check out JS' Hunter Bar, i use it and it works great tbh.
    JS' Hunter Bar = Serenity
    Just improved and with more features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetlysm View Post
    JS' Hunter Bar = Serenity
    Just improved and with more features.
    Oh, didn't check lol. Whoops

There is simple fix:
    In file Serenity\modules\energybar.lua replace line 15: if UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target") <= 0.25 then
    with
    if UnitHealth("target") ~= nil and UnitHealthMax("target") > 0 and UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target") <= 0.25 then

Enjoy great addon

Argh, that's very disappointing- I love Serenity and I was looking forward to it supporting more classes. I really hope someone takes over development on it!

Deleted
    Try ticking the "load out of date addons" box in the addon interface where you choose what addons to load before logging in, most of them still work even when they're flagged as out of date.

...seriously? JS quit and Serenity's no longer going to be maintained? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm not even trying to exaggerate my reaction. I SWEAR by this add-on. Oh god... D:

If anyone can offer a good alternative (especially one that shows trap timers), I would be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    Try ticking the "load out of date addons" box in the addon interface where you choose what addons to load before logging in, most of them still work even when they're flagged as out of date.
    Yeah, I tried that on the PTR but it says "incompatible" next to the adding name, not sure why. I'll have to play around some more.

It's really too bad the author isn't playing anymore, I saw a post on his guild's forum stating that and I cried a little.

Guys, is my previous post invisible?
    With proposed change Serenity will work on PTR.

Ahhh:/ I really love that addon! Will try your change tho Ewert

*bumping* In hopes a hunter out there sees this and wants to take over Serenity and keep it going for 4.3 and beyond. T_T

Deleted
    Read the thread, some one have already posted a temp fix for it coming 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yeah, I read the thread. Read my message too. After 4.3, then what?

Deleted
    Then there will be 5.0 and we dont know what will happen....

Quote Originally Posted by OohLaLa View Post
    Yeah, I read the thread. Read my message too. After 4.3, then what?
    This!! Also, what if more problems with this addon arise as they finalized everything on the PTR over the next month? It will take at least 2-3 separate addons to do what this does in itself. If someone were willing to keep it up to date it would benefit every class that uses this addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Maybe you should read the response you are quoting and bashing and actually think about what was said before you jump to conclusions and assume they are just blowing smoke after reading the title!

Yes there is a quick fix already posted in this forum. And if something else arises that needs to be fixed? And another? This is what happens with addons and is why every addon needs an update here and there to make sure it works. And if you want to use the quick fix over and over again thats fine. But if some were to actually keep updating this addon themselves it would make it easier on a lot of people who use this and haven't spent the time to learn how to work with these addons.
    Last edited by Sascuatch; 2011-11-02 at 09:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewert View Post
    There is simple fix:
    In file Serenity\modules\energybar.lua replace line 15: if UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target") <= 0.25 then
    with
    if UnitHealth("target") ~= nil and UnitHealthMax("target") > 0 and UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target") <= 0.25 then

Enjoy great addon
    Works like a charm. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by nosforatu View Post
    Yeah, I tried that on the PTR but it says "incompatible" next to the adding name, not sure why. I'll have to play around some more.

It's really too bad the author isn't playing anymore, I saw a post on his guild's forum stating that and I cried a little.
    Hey nos!

If you're getting that it's incompatible most likely you've had both serenity and JShunter bar installed at one point in time, which causes a conflict. Back up your folder and delete anything related to JShunter bar including jshunterbar.lua and .bak in the savedvariables and the other servername/charname/savedvariables folder. Restart your wow and you should be able to use serenity.