Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    thats clearly Sheablo !

Well, considering that his first appearance was while possessing the young Prince Albrecht, and the second time the seasoned Warrior, or Dark Wanderer differ only in his horns color...

I think it was kind of a stretch.

Deleted
    a theory could be that diablo has taken eat as his host. and that is why azmodan is talking to leah as if he was diablo.
    It could also indicate why diablo has a female bay in the fan art section.

another theory, if you look at the first cinematic released. Diablo has 2 additional heads; he has morphed into uber diablo using mephisto and baal.

what might be the reason for this, is that Leah potentially has some sort of nephalem power.

I'm thinking it's the 'Leah possession' idea. It's really quite an interesting direction to take visually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is a demon that loves to live like a parasite in other bodies in mortal world. If he managed to control the body of chick in Diablo 3 cinematic, it could be her. *shrug*
    Not to be an ass, but the first afirmation was completely dumb, dont do it.
    They use mortals to walk on the world because they cant get here otherwise, all the prime evils actually possesed someone, not only diablo. Take a read about the soulstones, why they were created and how diablo first possesed the son of leoric.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    That right there IS diablo. Believe it or not.

If you Look at some other concept arts of him he doesn't look THAT feminine... Will post link az soon as I find it

Ouch, another artist that is allowed to rape established classics without any consequences.....

10+ Year Old Account
    So Diablo lost a little weight...no need to make fun of him for it :[

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Ouch, another artist that is allowed to rape established classics without any consequences.....
    What on earth are you talking about?

It's official artwork, and is highly likely to be how it looks in-game.

It's diablo, it's the same demon that appears at the end of the d3 trailer, which blizzard confirmed is diablo.

heres the video in question, 1:44 is confirmed by blizzard to be diablo, which is obviously the same demon in the picture just a full body shot where we can see some of the more "feminine" features.

i'm going with the Leah possession theory.

but the developers said at blizzcon that diablo can't be defined by our mortal anatomy and that we have never seen diablos "true form"
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sexification of main characters is an unfortunately common theme in games, movies, and comics. And has been for a while.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    That's not Diablo I'd guess. It's one of the lesser evils like Azmodan. Or Lilith, Mephisto's daughter.
    Lilith is the demoness who was half part of the creating of the nephilim, the human race. She is not as far as I know Mephistos daughter and definietly not a lesser evil, neither is Azmodan, they are just not part of the trio of brothers that were cast out of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

It's official artwork, and is highly likely to be how it looks in-game.
    Ye.. art guys came up with the concepts for that, you know (?) Concept got embraced, board of directors gave applaus, profit was calculated and everyone forgot that some changes don't need to be..
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-11-07 at 05:04 PM.

If evil could have a gender, I see it perfectly fine to be female.

Sexy Evil, what else to want?

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Lilith is the demoness who was half part of the creating of the nephilim, the human race. She is not as far as I know Mephistos daughter and definietly not a lesser evil, neither is Azmodan, they are just not part of the trio of brothers that were cast out of hell.
    Azmodan is one of the Lesser Evils. He's the Lord of Sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

That is just horrible looking, what a weird direction, but this is from the people who said they never had any intention of honoring the series, they had that fat turd on GameTrailers or whatever showing off the slapstick abilities of the Witch Doctor and going on about how they never intended to stay true to the feel of the universe and wanted to carve out their own thing.

I was surprised by his honesty, given the gushing lies thus far, this just proves it.

Well, I'm still playing it, but I've divested from the story and atmosphere at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Ye.. art guys came up with the concepts for that, you know (?) Concept got embraced, board of directors gave applaus, profit was calculated and everyone forgot that some changes don't need to be..
    Only the board of directors has no say in how Diablo looks, nor is it even notably relevant for 'profit calculating.'

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Is Diablo a girl?

The cover art for the event booklet made Diablo look anything but the usual muscular, bulky monster we've seen in his more animal incarnations in the previous games. While nothing was confirmed on why Diablo looked so distinctly female, with the sleekness of the abdomen and the wide hips, they did acknowledge that it was done. So it was on purpose. Maybe there's something to the popular Leah-possession lore speculation prevalent in our lore discussion forum.
    That's a paraphrased answer in the Open Q&A at Blizzcon.

Here is some more from Julian Love, lead technical artist for the game:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    GF: Diablo is being depicted in a drastically different art style than in D2; less hulking, more slender. Care to comment?

We had a lot of talk early on about how we should bring Diablo back, what we should aim for in the art style perspective. A lot of monsters are re-treated when brought back from game to game. One of the discussions centered around him being the Lord of Terror, and whether we needed him to be massive in order to equate terror. In the end, the feeling was that wasn’t necessarily the way to convey terror. That’s when we started exploring lots of different takes on Diablo, dozens and dozens and dozens of different concepts, including one where he was half-snake…

GF: You’ve been using the pronoun “he.” Is Diablo definitely male?

You know, demons don’t really have a gender.

Leah being possessed seems like far too cliched/predictable of a twist. Which is probably why it is the case.

However, I wouldn't put it past being her mother, the witch from the original game who apparently had fun times with the victorious hero who would become the dark wanderer (producing Leah). And if her mother is possessed, it could be enough of a reason for Leah to have visions related to her. And while this would still be a somewhat predictable story, it does piss me off far less than Leah becoming the new Diablo.

At Blizzcon, Kevin Martens (Lead content designer on D3) stated that Diablo is not constrained by our human gender stereotypes, and may take multiple forms. We have never actually seen the true form of Diablo.
    Which is silly considering how many times the Prime Evils have referred to each other as "brothers". Clearly they identify with a gender.