Editing grids layout beyond ingame options?

I use Grid on every toon, and have been playing around with it trying to get it to look how i want, and i can only do so much with the in game options.

Here is what it looks like currently:
    i39.tinypic.com/k96ekk.jpg

And heres how id like it to look:
    i44.tinypic.com/2j5h10l.jpg

I know there must be some lines of lua i can edit to bump up the center text to on top of the frame, and to move the raid status debuff icon to the left of the frame but im at a loss as to how to do it.

If anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated

Yeah, that's all about editing the indicators (by raid status debuff icon you mean the center icon, right?). Making the bar small won't be a problem, so you just need to move the text and the icon.

Center text is at lines 114-120 of GridFrame.lua. I guess you'll want to use
    frame.Text:SetJustifyH("LEFT")
    frame.Text:SetJustifyV("CENTER")
    frame.Text:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", frame, "TOPLEFT",0,1)
    or something similar. The icon is at lines 136-149 (that's IconBG, but that's indeed the frame you need to move), you might want to change line 140 to

frame.IconBG:SetPoint("RIGHT", frame, "LEFT",-1,0)
    You'd need to use the configuration to get the spacing big enough so the icons won't overlap with other stuff, I hope that's possible. Of course, adjust numbers as needed. I drycoded that, there might be errors or pitfalls. Good luck!

(e) Ok I just noticed you'd need to deal with the code starting at line 284 as well. I'm not sure what textorientation really is supposed to do, I think it arranges text and text2 either next to each other ("HORIZONTAL") or text2 below text (else). Just put in the SetPoint from above instead what's there.
    Last edited by Pyrates; 2011-11-02 at 11:31 AM.

Something like this?

i.imgur.com/WpSk1.jpg

i.imgur.com/PGjc4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrates View Post
    Yeah, that's all about editing the indicators (by raid status debuff icon you mean the center icon, right?). Making the bar small won't be a problem, so you just need to move the text and the icon.

Center text is at lines 114-120 of GridFrame.lua. I guess you'll want to use

or something similar. The icon is at lines 136-149 (that's IconBG, but that's indeed the frame you need to move), you might want to change line 140 to

You'd need to use the configuration to get the spacing big enough so the icons won't overlap with other stuff, I hope that's possible. Of course, adjust numbers as needed. I drycoded that, there might be errors or pitfalls. Good luck!

(e) Ok I just noticed you'd need to deal with the code starting at line 284 as well. I'm not sure what textorientation really is supposed to do, I think it arranges text and text2 either next to each other ("HORIZONTAL") or text2 below text (else). Just put in the SetPoint from above instead what's there.
    This works to change where the center icon appears, got it sitting to the left now, but editing the center text code in lines 114-120 and 284 (Changing CENTER to TOP or LEFT and editing the H and V values) has no effect

Quote Originally Posted by JonasSK View Post
    Something like this?

i.imgur.com/WpSk1.jpg

i.imgur.com/PGjc4.jpg
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by motieflol View Post
    This works to change where the center icon appears, got it sitting to the left now, but editing the center text code in lines 114-120 and 284 (Changing CENTER to TOP or LEFT and editing the H and V values) has no effect
    Ok, great about the icon. As for the text, you need to be more clear what you really changed to what, I don't understand it from what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by motieflol View Post
    Ok, great about the icon. As for the text, you need to be more clear what you really changed to what, I don't understand it from what you wrote
    Don't change anything at line 114-120 and 284, instead go to line 317-321

Change it from:

Code:
    	self.Text:SetHeight(self.Bar:GetHeight()/2)
    	self.Text:SetPoint("BOTTOM", self, "CENTER")
    else
    	self.Text:SetHeight(self.Bar:GetHeight())
    	self.Text:SetPoint("CENTER", self, "CENTER")
    To:

Code:
    	self.Text:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self, "TOPLEFT",2,-1)
    else
    	self.Text:SetPoint("BOTTOMLEFT", self, "TOPLEFT",2,-1)
    Last edited by JonasSK; 2011-11-03 at 12:02 PM.

To be precise, that's exactly what I meant by the "code starting at line 284", it's the PlaceIndicators function. JonasSKs edit only applies if you don't select the textorientation to be "HORIZONTAL", so be careful not to choose that. The code at lines 114-120 is executed at spawn, but might not strictly be needed indeed.