Amazing news from Square Enix regarding FFXIV and to its current paying customers))

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/43218

People who subscribe for a total of 90 days before 2.0 launches will be able to pay discounted monthly fee cost as long as FFXIV lasts and allows you to have 8 characters on server instead of paying for each active character, and you get a unique chocobo mount AND your character's name in the FFXIV Credits if you want ^^

And for those who already have a FFXIV account but gone inactive, SE is hosting a Welcome Back Campaign that allows you to play 10 days for free, to try out all the new stuff incl the 7th Umbral Era events^^

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...n.html#welcome
    Last edited by Kenshin; 2012-04-20 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    This game felt really grindy the last time I played it. Has it improved at all since then?
    It's MUCH better than it was at release. They added auto attack, clearer menus, etc. Lots of improvements.

Unfortunately, it's still not worth paying for the subscription unless you really enjoy the game.

Once you understand the game and have played it for a while, it becomes REALLY enjoyable. It's just getting to that point that's the challenge.
    2.0 looks impressive though.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    It's MUCH better than it was at release. They added auto attack, clearer menus, etc. Lots of improvements.

Unfortunately, it's still not worth paying for the subscription unless you really enjoy the game.

Once you understand the game and have played it for a while, it becomes REALLY enjoyable. It's just getting to that point that's the challenge.
    2.0 looks impressive though.
    I just hope those who say game isnt worth 7.99 usd (if on the 180day subscription) 9.99usd if monthly subbed, does not start complaining to SE after 2.0 when seeing the current players with their unique stuff and mounts etc that they want the same stuff, but cant as its a bonus to show that SE/Yoshida thank their players for their support ^^

But I do agree to some extent that game isnt as easy to grasp as WoW, but I love a challenge and WOW simply didnt provide me with that since TBC so I quit and went for XIV fulltime and I am loving it. Almost every Disciple of Magic/War at lvl 50, and then im getting my crafting classes leveled^^ Professions is actually fun to do and the gear you make is really great, almost rivaling Dungeon/Primal Boss gear, IF multimelded with Materias ofc^^ Like my Electrum Sceptre +1 with 5materias +16Int = 80Int. XD

This might be a stupid question, but when is 2.0 being released?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but when is 2.0 being released?
    Dec 12 to Jan 13 is the timeline:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf

Most awesome background music for a boss battle ive heard in a looong time

Garuda Primal fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaCMC...eature=related

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi all, I've recently started playing FFXIV again from scratch. I was hoping someone here could recommend a good server or guild to me. Just looking for a friendly place where I can relearn the ropes. Thanks!

I have little faith in sqaure enix at this point tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe they are still going for P2P model. A F2P or B2P would bring in money for them, especially considering that this is the second launch of game that tanked. There is no incentive to play the game other than being a die hard fan of the IP.

A B2P/F2P would cause me to quit playing. All F2P will cost way more than 9.99dollars a month if you are very dedicated on playing as you would spend alot more than the monthly fee in cashshops etc, and SE has stated they will never adopt a cashshop feature, not even what Blizzard does with selling mounts etc and I am grateful for that

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beruwan View Post
    Hi all, I've recently started playing FFXIV again from scratch. I was hoping someone here could recommend a good server or guild to me. Just looking for a friendly place where I can relearn the ropes. Thanks!
    Sargatanas seems to be a friendly place to me, and I wouldnt mind giving you some help at start

10+ Year Old Account
    A good F2P system sells cosmetics, quality of life items, and major content updates be it a new set of raids or an expac. In most P2P games you can can pay a premium for cosmetic and quality of life items (mounts, pets, etc) but they also make you pay for extra items you may have no interest in using via monthly fees. In F2P game you only pay for what you want.

But the main difference between F2P and P2P is the way you pay for new content. In P2P you continue to pay a free month to month regardless if new content is released or not and then continue to pay whether you actually utilize the content or not i.e. part of WoW's fee is to pay for new raids, but not everyone sees those raids or at least not immediately after they are launched but still must pay for them. In a F2P content is unlocked at your own digression and usually just a one time fee (say a raider only plays a gain until they beat the current tier of content and then take a break. If their guild isn't above average, they will spend more money on content in a P2P game's monthly fees vs a F2Ps one time price). In a P2P game you're paying for every second you spend and don't spend in the game. In a F2P game you pay to unlock and then can play at your own pace. If you suddenly stop likeing your P2P game, you out however much time is left on your sub which makes people feel like the "have" to play versus a F2P game where you're only out if you feel like the last thing you paid for wasn't satisfying enough.

Still prefer 9.99usd a month rather than having it differ from month to month. And by signing up for 180days a pop, that monthly fee drops to 7.99usd. Pretty much a bargain as I explore every part of the game, and nobody in FFXIV wants to buy items for real cash, as people here love their crafting professions etc.
    Big patch updates is steady at 2-3 months apart, not 6-9 months in WoW. In the course of FFXIV 1,5 year, theres been 22 big patches. from 1.0 - 1.22. And 1.22a,b,c is between 2 weeks apart as well.

I prefer P2P, others might not, we are all different But if FFXIV goes F2P, I am quitting

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 ...2.0 Thread?

Old Thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...antasy-XIV-2-0

That thread has been inactive for more than a month so I didn't want to necro it.

How has the game been so far from that time? Any major changes?

I'm really excited for 2.0 at the moment. I actually bought a CE for FFXIV a few minutes ago. Just have to wait for it to ship here. I used to play FFXI back when it first came out in America. Got to Lv 50 with my BLM before Square ruined the game for them with Treasure of Aht'Urgan.

So anyways... Any new news for FFXIV 2.0?

Edit:
    Or a mod can move it here and necro it for me. XD That's cool too.
    Last edited by RedDragon4275; 2012-06-08 at 11:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    That thread has been inactive for more than a month so I didn't want to necro it.
    Don't worry, I necro'd it for you :P

A month old isn't necroing, especially since we try to keep game discussion to designated threads (like this one you found!)

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Don't worry, I necro'd it for you :P

A month old isn't necroing, especially since we try to keep game discussion to designated threads (like this one you found!)
    Sounds good. Thank you.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.

Anyone here on MMOC playing this game?

There's a couple of us who do. More specifically, I know Kenshin and I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Anyone here on MMOC playing this game?
    I also play it on and off.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Is it any good? I just bought it for something like $5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes an update would be nice, I have yet to have any follow up since the travesty that was 1.0