10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but when, if ever, will the Arcanist be added to Beta? It's the only thing i'm interested in so i wanted to try it out.
    I don't think it will be in beta, or if it is won't come until P4.

Deleted
    Will be added at launch.

Also, I'm now 23 and the complexity of TP managing has yet to show itself. it's either waiting between attacks to regen TP, or not doing the optimal thing while you could do it. It would be complex if you had to weave in TP regen abilites or certain tresholds would change the regenrate, but that's not in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Will be added at launch.

Also, I'm now 23 and the complexity of TP managing has yet to show itself. it's either waiting between attacks to regen TP, or not doing the optimal thing while you could do it. It would be complex if you had to weave in TP regen abilites or certain tresholds would change the regenrate, but that's not in.
    /sigh I am losing it, I thought you meant 23 years old. I was like "Well no shit, managing TP should be easy for an adult!"

I found TP to be a pain in the ass as a tank with DPS beating on different targets even when using the markers. And I got myself in the bad habit of using Sprint in dungeons lol

Is 1.0 the original game or ARR? I'm assuming the original but just want to make sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Is 1.0 the original game or ARR? I'm assuming the original but just want to make sure.
    1.0 is the original release.

Will be added at launch.

What are you doing that would require it? None of the content so far is meant to be hard. Though you could go try some FATEs by yourself or with a few people. As a Lancer you get a +300 TP CD as well.

I know on Ifrit or certain fights it didn't really matter, but I ran out of TP because I didn't manage it well.

Deleted
    Is it closed or open beta? Can I go sign up somewhere and try it or do you need an invite?

Deleted
    The 23 years old comment made me laugh, I thank you for that, sir.

ABout the Tp, no I dont require it, after you got some enmity hits in you can just autoattack away, but...autoattacking is not really fun.

the GCD, while okay, can also be a pain for tanking. because you can't react as fast if someone steals a mob from you when you pull a group for example. Nothing major, mind you, as nothing is really difficult (did the first 5 dungeons so far) but...annoying nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Is it closed or open beta? Can I go sign up somewhere and try it or do you need an invite?
    Currently Closed Beta Phase 3. Phase 4 will be an Open Beta, I would expect Phase 4 in August.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a Marauder I've learned a good way to pull and keep enmity.

Tomahawk > Overpower > Heavy Swing > Maim (+10% damage dealt) > Overpower. That will keep most mobs glued to me, then I just rotate and hit each with Fracture then I just do a simple combo rotation based on the lowest HP mob. TP is hardly ever an issue. Although, during the final boss fight in Copperbell, I kept on trying to aggro the adds that spawn and they don't have an aggro table. So, I got down to about 70 TP until I realized. I had to auto-attack the boss for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three subtleties that immerse me in the game.

Whenever you come out of a dimly lit area, to a sunny area, the screen flares, and then adjusts itself in the exact way your own eyes do when you walk out of a building.

When you listen to the music in the rain, then walk into a building, the music resonates differently. You can hear a slight echo the way you do in a crowded museum, but in the rain the sound travels more. More easily noticeable on my $150 headphones, but still something that sold me for good.

When in Limsa Limonsa, if you look out into the distance to the northwest on the upper decks, you can see lower (or one of them) Noscea with relatively good detail. As minor as this is, this makes the land feel connected to itself, and diminishes the loading screen's break on immersion.

I can deal with getting used to a new GCD, a new UI, or new mechanics, but little details like this are what captivate a player like me.

On another note, I find myself unable to play beta simply because I want to start leveling my real character, and not just have my character get wiped.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will be added at launch.

I am thinking the TP management comes in for the longer raid fights at engame/max level. Currently with the max level being 32 I dont think you are gunna see much of a huge use in TP, special since the available boss fights are about 4-5 minute engagements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil-Iris View Post
    Three subtleties that immerse me in the game.

Whenever you come out of a dimly lit area, to a sunny area, the screen flares, and then adjusts itself in the exact way your own eyes do when you walk out of a building.

When you listen to the music in the rain, then walk into a building, the music resonates differently. You can hear a slight echo the way you do in a crowded museum, but in the rain the sound travels more. More easily noticeable on my $150 headphones, but still something that sold me for good.

When in Limsa Limonsa, if you look out into the distance to the northwest on the upper decks, you can see lower (or one of them) Noscea with relatively good detail. As minor as this is, this makes the land feel connected to itself, and diminishes the loading screen's break on immersion.

I can deal with getting used to a new GCD, a new UI, or new mechanics, but little details like this are what captivate a player like me.

On another note, I find myself unable to play beta simply because I want to start leveling my real character, and not just have my character get wiped.
    Almost exactly what makes me love this so much. I am trying to limit my playing of beta so I don't burn myself out for when live hits, but I want to see how dungeons work so I need to get a character up to that level. The whole GCD thing is kind of funny, when you consider something like an enhancement shaman or other similar cooldown based class. A whole 1.5 second (.9 if geared for speed) doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, and it lets you watch more of the scenery/character than the action bars. My opinion, though.

ok 2 questions: first what button activates limit break. second can i deliver a lvl 20 quest on my lvl 1 char and get the exp from it or will it just give me reduced exp?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    ok 2 questions: first what button activates limit break. second can i deliver a lvl 20 quest on my lvl 1 char and get the exp from it or will it just give me reduced exp?
    the limit break button can be found in your skill book, it can only be used in a party though. As for handing in high level quests on a low level chracter, it is not possible. The quest will go red and be unavialable for hand in/completion untill you are the appropriate level

There is currently however a NPC for beta use only that gives you a quest to insta boost a class to like level 15 so you can try it out in a dungeon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I am thinking the TP management comes in for the longer raid fights at engame/max level. Currently with the max level being 32 I dont think you are gunna see much of a huge use in TP, special since the available boss fights are about 4-5 minute engagements.
    Not only that, the TP requirements seem low for our attacks. Perhaps Job attacks require more. I think TP management will go alongside MP management as well in terms of cross-class abilities. As in, if you're a class that has relevant skills, you're definitely going to be switching to MP skills to allow for TP to regenerate. And hopefully, if that's the case, it's not a waiting kind of thing, but something intended with phases that will have you choosing skills that use both MP and TP. At least, this is my hope. People do forget that MP and TP are on every class, because you're getting skills that use both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    There's a limit break button in your spell book "P" on the first page that pops up.

Secondly, no you can't. Everything's got a minimum turn in level.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Not only that, the TP requirements seem low for our attacks. Perhaps Job attacks require more. I think TP management will go alongside MP management as well in terms of cross-class abilities. As in, if you're a class that has relevant skills, you're definitely going to be switching to MP skills to allow for TP to regenerate. And hopefully, if that's the case, it's not a waiting kind of thing, but something intended with phases that will have you choosing skills that use both MP and TP. At least, this is my hope. People do forget that MP and TP are on every class, because you're getting skills that use both.
    I would imagine that Job abilites will cost a great deal more, Also we will have alot more abilites by level 50 to use as well. I mean currently as a pugilist I only have 5 abilites I use and that is useing them all. My TP dosent get used up that much. By level 50 when playing a monk, not only will I have those 5 abilites still but ill have lancer abilites as well, pluse all the extra abilites from a Pugilist in addition to the monk's job abilites too.

So I imagine even though alot of abilites have a small cost, the number of abilites we will be useing will make a far larger dent in total TP we use per fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a beta invite but my download is really slow anyone else having this problem?

Oops nvm, steam was downloading shit I didn't know about.
    Last edited by Wulfstan; 2013-06-28 at 07:33 PM.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Got a beta invite but my download is really slow anyone else having this problem?
    The initial launcher download goes pretty quick, its patching in the information that can take a while. Took me about an hour to do the full install of the beta client.

Note: some the beta files are pretty large so the it may say 2-3 hours download time expected but itll change once that files clears.