Deleted
    It's looking mighty nice I'll give them that and it has a lot more character xD The only thing I'm really wondering about at the minute is if the combat has been sped up a bit more as I remember it being painfully slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Avuun View Post
    It's looking mighty nice I'll give them that and it has a lot more character xD The only thing I'm really wondering about at the minute is if the combat has been sped up a bit more as I remember it being painfully slow.
    Its better now then it was at launch, however I hope they still improve it. The only thing I'm really holding out for is the return of the Samurai and Ninja Job/class. They were my 2 favorites from FFXI, and given its heavy influence on 2.0- I could see an expansion having them in it.

Deleted
    Have a new video

Deleted
    its really impressive for an Alpha phase..

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 10:30 PM ----------

more screens today:

http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up204922.jpg
    http://minus-k.com/nejitsu/loader/up204923.jpg

I can't help but cringe a little when I see those FFXI monster designs being reused. They're practically the same model and texture, just higher res/poly and with normals. No other FF shared designs from another number. Monsters sure, summons sure, characters sure, but they all at least looked different enough from each other. Meh and my ranting won't change anything... just makes me feel better lol

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoccaeb110bc2; 2012-11-09 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralstlin View Post
    what what what? more tentacles = greater epic-ness!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerlop View Post
    I can't help but cringe a little when I see those FFXI monster designs being reused. They're practically the same model and texture, just higher res/poly and with normals. No other FF shared designs from another number. Monsters sure, summons sure, characters sure, but they all at least looked different enough from each other. Meh and my ranting won't change anything... just makes me feel better lol
    The closer this is to being FFXI-2 and less like FFXIV, the better.

I am thinking about playing this. Played for a week or so back when it was free and I didn't like it so I might sub for a month and see what's crackalackin'!

Loved FFXI but was too hardcore for me at the time, being my first major MMO and all.

Deleted

Deleted
    They actually have the redesign enbedded in a storyline? impressive. and pretty drastical judging by the cinematic.

Trust japanese Stories to completely destroy and kill everything and everybody before its get better

10+ Year Old Account
    Unrelated question(s), what was the last FF game that doesn't require an online subscription? Is the FF7 port to PC worth a damn?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-...eature=g-all-u

An epic end of an era trailer, I almost cried.
    Ho-ly... shit. Wow. Just... wow.

Hopefully they can make the re-launch somewhere as close to how good their CGI cinematics are.

10+ Year Old Account

That...was...amazing. Seriously. I almost regret not sticking with FF14, if for no reason other than to understand what that conflict was about. I can't wait for A Realm Reborn!

You know all this kind of reminds me of FFVI Epic trailer was epic.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    That...was...amazing. Seriously. I almost regret not sticking with FF14, if for no reason other than to understand what that conflict was about. I can't wait for A Realm Reborn!
    From someone:
    To give a little context: just gonna repost what I messaged to a friend who wanted to know WTF was going on in the vid:

in XIV 1.0 theres an Empire, which is a nation of anti-deity fanatics (Garlean Empire), one crazy general (Nael Van Darnus) who leads them summons to earth this meteor to kill the deity worshiping nations who oppose the empire (everyone else, basically). at the end of 1.0 you kill this general (Instanced content) but it's too late, the meteor is still coming. Gandalf like guy is named Louisoux (a recurring character) tells you that your only hope of stopping it is to pray to the 12 gods (deities) in hopes they will save you. so everyone did for like 1 month leading up to the end, and there were quests/events focused around that.
    in the video: there was this final confrontation between the good guys (Eorzeans) and empire before the meteor hit. a last stand of sorts. right before the meteor hits, turns out it was a prison for bahamut who then proceeds to nuke everything basically. Louisoux tries to summon the 12 gods (the blue symbols) and reseal bahamut using the accumulated power of prayer, but this fails. using the last bit of prayer power he transports those good guys on the battlefield to safety/or to 5 years in the future (Louisoux guy is closely aligned with the deity of time and space, Althyk - The Keeper). the world is basically left in ruins with survivors in the cities, but a lot of people died. as for what happens next... well, we'll see! ~FIN~
    I modify it a little, that should explain this video a little. Something more, Garlean Empire is not only at war with Eorzea, they are too fighting Dravanian (Dragons empire, as you can see in 1.0 opening video) and in the end, to destroy Eorzeans they released their greater enemy, Dravanians God: Bahamut.
    Last edited by mmoccaeb110bc2; 2012-11-11 at 06:22 PM.