Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...9/blog/190843/

don't let the date fool you, it is mostly still relevant. depending ons erver population, fate leveling made me a bust for you.

Of course healer or tank it is always best to simply spam dungeons. DPS always been in a dungeon queue. 50-60 there are other options available like hunts to boost some exp gain
    Personally, I prefer to mix some of the stuff up. Tanks can chain dungeons so easily its impressive, but you get bored just as easily. Specially since low level dungeons are too slow paced, you don't have the stuff that make your class interesting yet.

On the other hand, FATE farming in an empty zone can be just as boring. Which is why I do a bit of each, along with some hunts.

And if you take your time, and level across several resets, the Challenge Log also is an impressive source of XP. You just have to be careful to see the warning pop-up, telling you "X challenge is almost complete", so you direct the XP to the desired class.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well then, favor gathering should be right up your alley. *scnr*
    The favor system was fine in itself. It being tied to consumable items that locked you into 15 minute gathering cycles and requiring red scrips to purchase was cancerous
    I dont mind just going to an area and hitting rocks for 10 minutes here and there for materials I need anyway and maybe getting a rare node spawn
    I also dont mind just hitting rocks for an hour straight to gather rare materials specifically
    But having to deal with times spawns to get red scrips so I can buy tokens (instead of gear) and then having to spend 5 times 15 minute intervals hitting rocks that give me nothing of worth so I can MAYBE get a node to spawn just wasnt fun
    I gathered shit tons of Titanium ore back in Wotlk for money and for my own crafting needs. Hell just recently I went back and did it again for my alt who needed a jeeves. But favor gathering in its initial form was awful for me. (its better now since they buffed the shit out of it)
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    And if you take your time, and level across several resets, the Challenge Log also is an impressive source of XP. You just have to be careful to see the warning pop-up, telling you "X challenge is almost complete", so you direct the XP to the desired class.
    Yeah I always used to head->desk when yet another bonus went to some max level class because I didn't pay attention.

@Enkidu: I still think it's dumb that you have to choose between gearing your class and getting a few resources. <_<

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm over 100m Gil (started last June) and climbing, so I decided to just get the gathering gear since I like the look. Although I have no doubt the weekly limit on red scripts will be lifted in some future patch, even if it's 4.0. But it will probably come sooner, seeing as ARR had two/three tiers for crafting/gathering tools/gear.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The timed gathering nodes made me realize how many botters are on gilgamesh. Kinda sad SE doesn't seem to ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The timed gathering nodes made me realize how many botters are on gilgamesh. Kinda sad SE doesn't seem to ban them.
    How do you know they are players that use a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman
    I'm over 100m Gil (started last June) and climbing
    A measly 100m?
    Bruce Wayne can do better. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    How do you know they are players that use a bot?
    When you see 5-6 people mount up and fly the same weird way towards a node then all stack on top of each other, it's pretty obvious.

When you see 5-6 people mount up and fly the same weird way towards a node then all stack on top of each other, it's pretty obvious.
    At least do what you can and report them. Not much else you can do, really.

I rarely see bots on Balmung, luckily. Mostly because it's almost always locked when it comes to character creation. This makes me wonder how they'll handle the 'New Adventurer' tag on locked servers since I don't see a whole lot of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... never noticed it.
    I'll have to pay attention to something like that when I gather my Adamantite next week.

Deleted
    I rarely see bots on Balmung, luckily. Mostly because it's almost always locked when it comes to character creation. This makes me wonder how they'll handle the 'New Adventurer' tag on locked servers since I don't see a whole lot of them.
    I'm pretty sure your server is full of them too...*looks at Ceruleum Processing Plant* (that zone was ridicilously filled with them and some fates were they didn't work properly were just too funny to look at)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Balmung has its own share of bots, we just don't have to worry about gil spammers as much. But I've seen plenty of groups of BLMs standing around, in a botly fashion.

I just wish they'd get a handle on the goldspam. I dislike having to /busy every time I play because I'm getting messages every few minutes from spammers -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I just wish they'd get a handle on the goldspam. I dislike having to /busy every time I play because I'm getting messages every few minutes from spammers -_-
    /busy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    is THAT how you stop spammers?

omg ty
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    is THAT how you stop spammers?

omg ty
    But you can't get tells from any one though if you're busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    But you can't get tells from any one though if you're busy.
    I have no friends so its ok
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I just hate the little unhappy face it puts next to my characters name : (

i can live with the occasional spammer. not many on gilga, im just glad they fixed the friends requests issue since that required clicking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    im just glad they fixed the friends requests issue since that required clicking
    You and me both, GOD that was annoying.
    On Cerberus spam frequency varies wildly. Typically I get one every few hours, not to extreme, unless I am dumb enough to stay in the old cities.