10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    ...ugh. Hate that shit. Some of this exists in FFXIV though but I'm not sure if its for the same reason. I've noticed on big fate mobs (like Gorgimera) that it'll dance around if you move even a little bit.
    Well mobs in FF-XIV have the annoyance of being clipped properly, meaning multiple mobs start pushing each other out of the way to reach the tank.

Maybe that is the reason they move so much.

I don't like active mitigation either, although it can make a tank feel much more "tanky" when tanking raid bosses. In dungeons it's more like "spam basic moves ad hard as you can to get max uptime".

Haven't quite put a finger on as to why, but I've found leveling the tank classes in this game to be a lot more fun than back when I tried tanking on and off throughout the years in WoW.

I still don't get why PLD gets it's tank stance 10 levels after WAR and DRK, though. Always though Sword Oath and Shield Oath should've swapped places as far as when they are learned, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    They fucking teased us with Ramuh egi with the first heavensward class quest.
    Not to mention whipping out Ruby and Onyx Carbuncles....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Just watched "Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!", my lord it really hit just about all the MMORPG tropes - way better than SAO in that regard; felt less forced. An excellent pseudo-parody.
    I just started it.

Log Horizon is still hands down my favorite MMORPG anime, though. William's monologue in season 2 hits all the right notes. Though overall, season 2 feels like a loooot of set up and plot seed planting.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well, it's not really a bug.

It's a side effect of the ASAP position polling the introduced with WoD which made the mobs very "aware" of where the player is.
    If you poll the position every 300ms like FF-XIV does, small, rapid movements back and forth will not result in a moving mob (much more comfortable to tank imo).

While I always go "ugh, dumb game" when I get hit by some crap I clearly stepped out of on my screen, from a tanking PoV that still is the lesser of two evils.

What I really want FF-XIV to fix is the retarded UI delay. It's not latency per se, I have 30ms latency to the server according to Windows resource monitor, but rather some weird processing delay. Makes trying to precast heals a royal pain, esp when there is some animation delay on top of that. >.<
    Start casting something when you move out of a circle indicator etc it updates your location

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    At that point might as well get on up to 50. Other classes/jobs get a big xp buff when you have one at 50. I went ahead and leveled my 2ndary to 15 so I could get my job at 30, but aside from that, I am not even bothering with crafting aside from my daily turnins for grand company.
    Common misconception - as long as you have one class that is higher level it will always get the big exp buff(50% IIRC) to whatever you're leveling. Could be a level 20 to a level 18, etc. Doesn't need to be 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Common misconception - as long as you have one class that is higher level it will always get the big exp buff(50% IIRC) to whatever you're leveling. Could be a level 20 to a level 18, etc. Doesn't need to be 50.
    It does need to be 60 for the 100% pre 50 if I recall right

Yo, so FFXIV is getting a crossover with PSO2

They get Urth's Fount (Odin) as a boss fight.

Wonder what we'll be getting in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

Dark Falz trial or riot! Oh and PSO2 in the goddamn West already!
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-22 at 01:30 AM.

PS0? As in Phatasy star online? Shit.. yes we need that in the west again. That games was awesome.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post

[video=youtube;QPD7k2GvFYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPD7k2GvFYs&ab_channel=Oracle[video]

I should play it on the vita more often, by that I mean I haven't touched it in a while D:.

But yeah, they get some Miqo'te outfit and Odin. I really have no idea what we'd get though. Maybe some outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't get used to it. Enmity will fade into the background once you get Shield Oath at lv 40. You still occasionally need to swap mobs to spread combos but it diminishes a LOT.

Imho Pally plays dead boring and super slow.
    Warrior... the facing requirement for your main AoE threat ability annoys the crap out of me.

DRK is both fun, quick and versatile. My favorite tank by far.
    Well I plan on leveling every tank, to see which one fits me the most. I went toward Paladin first due to playing one in Wow for so long. I did start leveling my MRD and I am enjoying it so far only level 18 on it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Well I plan on leveling every tank, to see which one fits me the most. I went toward Paladin first due to playing one in Wow for so long. I did start leveling my MRD and I am enjoying it so far only level 18 on it though.
    Leveling pally first makes sense, because the super incompetent developers did not give any of the other tanks one of the most critical abilities: TAUNT.

So, now that you have your pally, you ca use taunt (cross class ability) and have a much easier life with tanking on all of em.

WAR is okay as such, it just SUCKS if you have impatient DPS. Much less of a problem with DRK.

PS0? As in Phatasy star online? Shit.. yes we need that in the west again. That games was awesome.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

So how do people get lots of venture tokens? I've pretty much just been getting them through company seals, either from roulette rewards or from trading in junk gear I get from ventures, but that doesn't get me a whole lot and I am slowly running out of venture tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dark Falz trial or riot! Oh and PSO2 in the goddamn West already!
    But can we please go back to calling it the Dark Force?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So how do people get lots of venture tokens? I've pretty much just been getting them through company seals, either from roulette rewards or from trading in junk gear I get from ventures, but that doesn't get me a whole lot and I am slowly running out of venture tokens.
    You can buy them using Hunt seals too.

Run a few FATES for GC seals, turn in crap(HQ for max reward) to the GC, ... etc. if you need GC seals.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Gear turn-ins, allied seals, beast tribe dailies. Though I only really doing gear turn ins.

you can also try doing some leve quests, as they have a chance to reward them.

I really need to join a hunt LS, especially for the days when I have all day to play. I'm saving up the allied seals to get gear for glamour and I still need the gear from centurio seals...

I was thinking once I get a tank class to 50+ I can just run dungeons and turn in gear from those.

Hey, can the gear you buy with poetics be turned in for company seals? I'm swimming in those.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really need to join a hunt LS, especially for the days when I have all day to play. I'm saving up the allied seals to get gear for glamour and I still need the gear from centurio seals...

I was thinking once I get a tank class to 50+ I can just run dungeons and turn in gear from those.

Hey, can the gear you buy with poetics be turned in for company seals? I'm swimming in those.
    Yes you can. Can trade in Esoteric gear as well.

The irony... While I was leveling Disciples of the Hand (and I didn't finish even the first batch yet), I was throwing away full stacks of Ventures to clear up bag space...

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    The irony... While I was leveling Disciples of the Hand (and I didn't finish even the first batch yet), I was throwing away full stacks of Ventures to clear up bag space...
    Yikes! Put your retainers to work!

Although the reason I'm burning through them so fast is because I am literally playing all day and teleporting back to my house to send them on the hourlies.