Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Don't blame them frankly. Addons = possible exploit vector.

All it takes is some bug in the FFXIV PS4 client ...
    This is my opinion as well. IMO the solution isn't to add player addons but to react to feedback and develop better ui options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    "Taint" isn't the same as hacking. The "taint" I'm familiar with is due to how they lock down their party frames in combat to, yes, prevent exploits.

But the kind of exploits we see right now in FFXIV have nothing to do with how a properly designed addon system SHOULD work. They're more akin to the botting/exploit programs people run now in WoW, which have nothing to do with addons.
    When was the last time an addon has ever created such a problematic exploit in WoW because I honestly can't think of one at all, addons usually run at the limits of the framework API, as long the framework is developed properly, there is no issue.

The only form of exploits I've come across is botting which has nothing to do with API addons in questions here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    This is my opinion as well. IMO the solution isn't to add player addons but to react to feedback and develop better ui options.
    Some of the addons in WoW far supersede anything any other mmos currently has as its default and much more flexible.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Taint" isn't the same as hacking. The "taint" I'm familiar with is due to how they lock down their party frames in combat to, yes, prevent exploits.

But the kind of exploits we see right now in FFXIV have nothing to do with how a properly designed addon system SHOULD work. They're more akin to the botting/exploit programs people run now in WoW, which have nothing to do with addons.
    All it takes is an opportune buffer overflow ...

Sony is unlikely to risk it given how much trouble they had with the PS3 with everyone giving them shit.

It would place the security of the system in the hands of SE ... Can you imagine every developer asking for the same privileges?
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-03-27 at 09:31 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

And in the third month I finally finish the main story from ARR. Yay.

COFFIN LID! COFFIN LID!. Ima be rich and already got a buyer interested in it for 14 mil . Now to not blow it all on maps because I should just gather that crap myself.

As long as I can fix my UI to not be the train wreck it currently is, I'll be happy.
    Train wreck? Really? I can't beging to comprehend what you're looking for in a UI if you think XIV, with its toggle on/off, resizing everything, move everything anywhere you want it, is a train wreck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Train wreck? Really? I can't beging to comprehend what you're looking for in a UI if you think XIV, with its toggle on/off, resizing everything, move everything anywhere you want it, is a train wreck.
    I just want to be able to change the party list. I fucking hate the dumb big block that it is.

Honestly, the premade sizes are kinda lame. I'd love to manually resize just about every single UI element possible, if I could. Being able to move it all around and make it "smaller" definitely makes it more tolerable, but what I wouldn't give for a scale slider.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, the premade sizes are kinda lame. I'd love to manually resize just about every single UI element possible, if I could. Being able to move it all around and make it "smaller" definitely makes it more tolerable, but what I wouldn't give for a scale slider.
    I think I've seen a setting to change the scale, but I might be hallucinating and/or thinking of something else. Not at home, so I can't check to verify.

On a similar note: Finding options within the different menus can be aggravating. Took me a good 5-10 minutes of thumbing around to find the option to disable the pop up that would open the account management or something (it was added in 3.2)...and this was to tell a FC member how to find it, since I had already found it previously (but forgot where).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Select the UI element in HUD Layout mode. Press Ctrl+Home to cycle through sizes.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Select the UI element in HUD Layout mode. Press Ctrl+Home to cycle through sizes.
    pretty sure that's what edge means by 'premade sizes'

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    pretty sure that's what edge means by 'premade sizes'
    I assumed he meant the UI scaling options (HD, 4K ...).

10+ Year Old Account
    DoT / Buff / Debuff tracking & nonexistent filtering (As a healer what do I care about a TP regen buff?) is a trainwreck and could be solved so much more elegantly. Esp once you factor in sounds etc.

Sure FFs UI is usable, but frustrating at times.

I assumed he meant the UI scaling options (HD, 4K ...).
    Nope, I mean actually being able to manually scale the size of each UI element. I know you can resize them to the premade 4 sizes and have my whole UI set to the smallest size. But there are definitely elements I'd love to see smaller.

Hell, I'd love to see them be able to actually be reshaped, too. Make HP bar's a bit less wide etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    DoT / Buff / Debuff tracking & nonexistent filtering (As a healer what do I care about a TP regen buff?) is a trainwreck and could be solved so much more elegantly. Esp once you factor in sounds etc.

Yeeessssss, thhhhiiiissssssss.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Given that as SMN you sometime still can't see your own DoTs when the enemy's debuff bar is flooded ... at the expansion ... still broken. /smh

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    No addons cause of console peasantry... I feared this would be confirmed one day.
    Right alongside the 2.5 gcd and the server refreshing at such low rates.
    And zoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I mean actually being able to manually scale the size of each UI element. I know you can resize them to the premade 4 sizes and have my whole UI set to the smallest size. But there are definitely elements I'd love to see smaller.
    I can make it from 60-140% size for each UI element. O.o
    This isn't actually how my UI looks, don't freak out.
    I don't know how it is on M+KB, but I just use R3 on the controller. Can see the obvious size change for the hotbar and stuff.

On the UI issues, while FFXIV does have a very good default UI and a decent amount of customization, it still always felt a bit off to me. While I do like add-ons in other games, I have always felt that add-ons were the lazy way out. It's like saying, "We don't want to make something our customers will like, so we'll just leave it up to them to do themselves." For every add-on that WoW has you can not tell me that Blizz themselves could not have made them, in most cases better than what's out there.

This gets exacerbated by the fact that consoles are in the mix. Can't do add-ons for the console? The don't, just build it in to the game.

All this talk of the UI...

Is there any way to track more than 5 quests? Kind of sucks when I have 9 beast tribe dailies active but can only see 5 of them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    All this talk of the UI...

Is there any way to track more than 5 quests? Kind of sucks when I have 9 beast tribe dailies active but can only see 5 of them.
    Ohhh this would be a huge improvement. I have to gamble Kobold quests in the track menu -_-