1. #24641
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Except the part where they maul you.
    *playfully bat at you

  2. #24642
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Unicolt > All
    Wind up Haurchefant>all and any future pets.

  3. #24643
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    There were no strawmen there, sorry.



    Well, yes. That's what we've all already talked about. When you enjoy something, you don't just quit or destroy it altogether because of (largely minor, in relation) negatives that might come along with it.

    Your mother enjoyed shopping. So her legs hurt after a lot of standing and walking, so what? That comes with the territory of being human. (and old, heh) What's your solution, that she cower from the pain and just stop doing what she enjoys?

    Overall, your logic and statements suggest an enormous amount of contempt toward things that other people enjoy.
    Just saying, you shouldn't be complaining if it's something that you choose to do.

    The strawman is you putting words in my mouth about what I'm trying to accomplish.

    I'm just talking about your complaining, nothing else.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

  4. #24644
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Momoco
    Posts
    15,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    *menacingly maul at you
    Fixed.

    Best pet is still the Carbuncle one.

  5. #24645
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Just saying, you shouldn't be complaining if it's something that you choose to do.
    ...says who?

    There's absolutely nothing in life that comes without the potential for bad outcomes, experiences, and so on. That doesn't mean that we just stop doing everything altogether. Sometimes it'll be frustrating enough that someone just needs to vent a little.

    Unless you're suggesting that people should just never, ever complain?

  6. #24646
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362
    Speaking of pets ... can't have them out with Chocobo about ... Is polycount budget that tight? >.>

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    ...says who?

    There's absolutely nothing in life that comes without the potential for bad outcomes, experiences, and so on. That doesn't mean that we just stop doing everything altogether. Sometimes it'll be frustrating enough that someone just needs to vent a little.

    Unless you're suggesting that people should just never, ever complain?
    You can complain about bad outcomes ... when it's not expected!!!

    My mother does the complaining every damn time but still keeps doing it!

    It's like complaining about your leg bleeding out when you yourself stabbed your own leg!

    PS: Wow, seriously. Does strawmaning come naturally to you? Or do you have to work on it? Never in my life have I spoke to someone that has so much trouble grasping the details topic based on context than you.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

  7. #24647
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    You can complain about bad outcomes ... when it's not expected!!!

    My mother does the complaining every damn time but still keeps doing it!

    It's like complaining about your leg bleeding out when you yourself stabbed your own leg!
    Your expectations are unreasonable here, though.

    A professional athlete is going to be chock full of various muscle and joint pain, for example. It's completely expected. Hell, the absence of it would be strange. Do you suggest that they never say, "Goddammit my legs are sore."

  8. #24648
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,367
    It makes me really sad you can't have a minipet out when you're on a mount either. I would love to have my unicolt out and running alongside me while riding my unicorn. *Squeals* it would be SO CUTE.

  9. #24649
    Personally I'm most entertained by the fat cat pet.

  10. #24650
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Your expectations are unreasonable here, though.

    A professional athlete is going to be chock full of various muscle and joint pain, for example. It's completely expected. Hell, the absence of it would be strange. Do you suggest that they never say, "Goddammit my legs are sore."
    As for professional athletics, I'm quite sure they will tell you if they are sore, but I doubt they will complain, whine and bitch about it like people on MMO forums.

    You know full well what grouping in this game entails. That failure of a few will result in frustration of the whole group. Yet you still complain, bitch and whine like the world owes you while being perfectly willing to partake in the endeavor.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

  11. #24651
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    As for professional athletics, I'm quite sure they will tell you if they are sore, but I doubt they will complain, whine and bitch about it like people on MMO forums.
    That's a bit of a dodge, there, no?

    It's not like I can't throw up fifty thousand other examples of where people can get hurt/frustrated/upset/etc while doing things that they otherwise enjoy.

    You know full well what grouping in this game entails. That failure of a few will result in frustration of the whole group. Yet you still complain, bitch and whine like the world owes you while being perfectly willing to partake in the endeavor.
    Yes, people get frustrated and need to vent, or get upset with people around them and need a break, and so on.

    This even happens in organized guilds, and even between friends. Even spouses need to vent sometimes to a friend about something their partner did.

    It's perfectly normal. It doesn't suggest any sort of conflict or problem.

  12. #24652
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Personally I'm most entertained by the fat cat pet.
    I laughed so hard inside when I saw that thing rolling on its back.

  13. #24653
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the road to my inevitable death.
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's a bit of a dodge, there, no?

    It's not like I can't throw up fifty thousand other examples of where people can get hurt/frustrated/upset/etc while doing things that they otherwise enjoy.



    Yes, people get frustrated and need to vent, or get upset with people around them and need a break, and so on.

    This even happens in organized guilds, and even between friends. Even spouses need to vent sometimes to a friend about something their partner did.

    It's perfectly normal. It doesn't suggest any sort of conflict or problem.
    The forums sound like a girl whining on and on about her boyfriend, but when you ask her why they are still together if he is such a jerk ... you get no reply.

    That's my angle.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

  14. #24654
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Solutions:

    1. Do it only in a fixed group where you can do QA on members.
    2. Wait for SE to nerf it into the ground with echo buffs.
    3. Don't do them at all. :3
    Why do you seem to think that every time someone complains, they need a solution. Sometimes, people just like to vent. This is the perfect place for it, since there are others that can relate to our experience. Sometimes, people bitch just to bitch. They don't really want anything to change, just need to get it off their chest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Speaking of pets ... can't have them out with Chocobo about ... Is polycount budget that tight? >.>

    - - - Updated - - -



    You can complain about bad outcomes ... when it's not expected!!!

    My mother does the complaining every damn time but still keeps doing it!

    It's like complaining about your leg bleeding out when you yourself stabbed your own leg!

    PS: Wow, seriously. Does strawmaning come naturally to you? Or do you have to work on it? Never in my life have I spoke to someone that has so much trouble grasping the details topic based on context than you.
    People complain about work all the time, and that outcome is to be expected daily, does that mean people should stop working?

  15. #24655
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why do you seem to think that every time someone complains, they need a solution. Sometimes, people just like to vent. This is the perfect place for it, since there are others that can relate to our experience. Sometimes, people bitch just to bitch. They don't really want anything to change, just need to get it off their chest.
    Pretty much. Sometimes you just have a bad group, or a bad poker hand, or a bad day at work, or a bad night with your friends, or whatever.

    That doesn't mean you're looking for something to "fix".

  16. #24656
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    As for professional athletics, I'm quite sure they will tell you if they are sore, but I doubt they will complain, whine and bitch about it like people on MMO forums.

    You know full well what grouping in this game entails. That failure of a few will result in frustration of the whole group. Yet you still complain, bitch and whine like the world owes you while being perfectly willing to partake in the endeavor.
    I guess you've never known any professional athletes. My best friends girlfriend is a waiter and she waited on Manu Ginobli after a game last week when he went to her restaurant to eat. You know what? He was complaining about being tired out and that he would be sore the next day. Funny.

    Also, how did he at all act like the world owed him one? He was getting something off his chest in an area where others can relate. Seriously, that's part of what forums are for.

  17. #24657
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    19,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    why do i still play online games, I fucking hate everyone.....
    Good question. And the main reason why I stay far away from raids in FF-XIV.
    The community in general is just absolutely atrocious, skill wise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It makes me really sad you can't have a minipet out when you're on a mount either.
    I think not being able to have pets with you at all times is one of the major things that made me go "meh" in terms of interest.

    I love having my mini Naaru with me in Dungeons in WoW.

    BD & SC going at it again... you two lovebirds should get a room.

  18. #24658
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Good question. And the main reason why I stay far away from raids in FF-XIV.
    The community in general is just absolutely atrocious, skill wise.
    The same can be said for almost every online game out there. The herd aren't really willing to learn nor are they smart in the first place.

  19. #24659
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    The same can be said for almost every online game out there. The herd aren't really willing to learn nor are they smart in the first place.
    Well, it's like I always say...it's an MMO we're talking about here, not some super competitive game, or a game predicated on extreme skill. So of course people flock to them who aren't really interested in taking it too seriously, or trying too hard.

    That may or may not be terribly fair to the players around them, but I understand how the populations end up the way they do.

  20. #24660
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,367
    Part of why I liked Gw2 so much, is because almost everything could be done by yourself if you were good enough to do it. I like seeing other players....I just don't like actually PLAYING with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •