The lore book I ordered just arrived! It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The lore book I ordered just arrived! It's a lot bigger than I thought it'd be.
    Eeh nice, DHL tracking is saying this for me.

Estimated Delivery:
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016
    By End of Day

Currently in Belgium apparently.

Did you all receive an email from SE store notifying that your book had shipped? I tried checking my account there and the only option it gives is to contact support. Seems a bit excessive for just wanting to check tracking. I've not received a tracking # or anything from any of the emails I got after I placed my order.

I'm assuming the lore book will be Carbuncle plush all over again.

Sold out in under 2 minutes every time they go back in and unlikely you'll get one for a year despite being on the waiting list. T-T

Oh well. I'll just have to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Did you all receive an email from SE store notifying that your book had shipped? I tried checking my account there and the only option it gives is to contact support. Seems a bit excessive for just wanting to check tracking. I've not received a tracking # or anything from any of the emails I got after I placed my order.
    I got email 15 hours ago:

Dear [customer],

Thank you for purchasing on our eStore. Your order is now on its way!
    You can follow the progression of the delivery by using the following tracking url:

Thank you for supporting Square Enix EU games,

The Scalefast Team.

Along with order details.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I got email 15 hours ago:

Dear [customer],

Thank you for purchasing on our eStore. Your order is now on its way!
    You can follow the progression of the delivery by using the following tracking url:

Thank you for supporting Square Enix EU games,

The Scalefast Team.

Along with order details.
    Damn NA store slackers, taking their time and what not...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I ordered it the moment it was available in Europe and the 'next day delivery' option led to it being delivered the day after that. Yesterday I received confirmation that it would be delivered to me today between 1:40 and 3 in the afternoon. I'm in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm assuming the lore book will be Carbuncle plush all over again.

Sold out in under 2 minutes every time they go back in and unlikely you'll get one for a year despite being on the waiting list. T-T

Oh well. I'll just have to wait.
    I just hope that, moving forward, the number of products available will meet demand. FFXIV is a very popular game and it baffles me that the developers remain surprised by just how popular it has become.

I also caved and pre-ordered the Odin statue which will be sent in December...admittedly mostly for the sake of the emote. It's something of an early Christmas present to myself and to celebrate 4.0 being very much to my tastes from what we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    *glaaaaaaaaare*
    Fear not, for I still haven't received a shipment notification. Right now I'm chalking it up to the fact I didn't specify overnight delivery.I just went with the standard shipping.

That said, kinda hoping I have the book by end of the month.

Well i finally got around to getting back into leveling Botanist in HW after hitting the lvl.54 hump and found a way easier way to level it since im not into guides. Just get the HQ gear and materia infused it to 600gp, went to sea of clouds and hit collectors glove, selected the spider and using utmost caution>discerning eye>insintcual appraisal twice it gets a 430-590 quality rare item, sometimes two and 4 of those gets one blue script and like 500k+ xp, right now since the Gatherers tools for lvl.60 are 12 blue script i am blowing the 600gp, getting the collectibles, drinking a cordial and then going out of collectible mode and farming lumber and sap for carpenters then at 600gp repeating for lots of easy xp, scripts to get all the lvl.60 gatherers tools easy and im almost lvl.58 in about 2 hours. No wonder i see people get 50-60 in a day

But its so much more satisfying to figure it out than just read a guide, god knows there must be an even easier way but i just bought cordials at 1k gil each and a few materia from the ixal vendor for tokens and i was good to go and this sets ready for FSH when it hits 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gatherers are very easy to level. No guide needed.

Yeah but just grinding items is so slow. Each item gives around 2-3k xp, turn that item into a collectible and thats 10-50k exp and the blue scripts. I just hope theres some version of this for FSH which is about lvl.40 for me.

I leveled FSH mainly by completing the GC turn in each day + fishing for any fish I could catch that were used for cooking various food. Coerthan Crab (caught in Coerthas Western Highlands) should be catchable with low-mid 50s gear. It's used for Seafood Stew, which is a massively useful food for high end crafting. Later on you could also catch Pipira Pira in Forelands, which is used for Baked Pipira (I think that's the name), crit buff food people like having.

I was an idiot and never looked at catching whatever the collectible fish were when I leveled FSH. I did have full rested xp, though, so the grinding out that I did do wasn't 100% awful.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah but just grinding items is so slow. Each item gives around 2-3k xp, turn that item into a collectible and thats 10-50k exp and the blue scripts. I just hope theres some version of this for FSH which is about lvl.40 for me.
    There is and has been in the game since 1.0. It's called leves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    There is and has been in the game since 1.0. It's called leves.
    Which i can now use for something like MNK instead since this is way more efficient for gatherer.

10+ Year Old Account
    *laughs* You will find that Fishing collectibles are ... different.... and frustrating because it's all RNG.

The best way to level fishing is still sitting at a spot where you get only fish appropriate to your level and watch a movie.

Which i can now use for something like MNK instead since this is way more efficient for gatherer.
    Leves are way more efficient for gatherers than for battle classes and more efficient than collectibles below lvl 50 and above lvl for fishing. For battle classes you have both PotD and dungeons which are more efficient than leves.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *laughs* You will find that Fishing collectibles are ... different.... and frustrating because it's all RNG.

The best way to level fishing is still sitting at a spot where you get only fish appropriate to your level and watch a movie.
    Best way to level fishing is and will always be buying HQ fish on the market board and turning them in for leves. Farm / craft something with a high gil / hour, sell it and buy the fish. This is the optimal way to spend your time.

Well i was about to watch spirits within

- - - Updated - - -

Leves are way more efficient for gatherers than for battle classes and more efficient than collectibles below lvl 50 and above lvl for fishing. For battle classes you have both PotD and dungeons which are more efficient than leves.
    Right now a leve is moghome leves at 12 nodes for 173k xp, in sea of clouds 1 node gets me 1-4 spiders worth 77k each or higher right now. Thats a potential 308k xp PER node. 12 nodes in a leve for 173k or 12 nodes in the world for 924k-3.6mil xp in the roughly same amount of time and Botanist 59-60 is 3.8mil xp so thats almost an entire level farming 12-48 nodes in sea of clouds for collectibles or 22 leves where i farm 264 nodes. Granted even using the cooldowns of all 3 cordial types there is a little downtime you fill with normal node farming between them but the xp gain from collectibles is astronomically higher. Thus i can use those leves for the remaining dps classes that have nothing to do outside dungeons but fate spamming.

-plus i dont need to pick up the leves, do 2, return to town, collect reward, pick 2 more, go out and repeat 11 times for the same amount.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-10-20 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to level fishing is and will always be buying HQ fish on the market board and turning them in for leves. Farm / craft something with a high gil / hour, sell it and buy the fish. This is the optimal way to spend your time.
    If you use RL money to buy gil: yes.
    If you don't you will spend more time farming gil than you'll spend fishing for levels. Esp once you consider that you can essentially fish brain-afk while doing sth else.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If you use RL money to buy gil: yes.
    If you don't you will spend more time farming gil than you'll spend fishing for levels. Esp once you consider that you can essentially fish brain-afk while doing sth else.
    To think there was a time people farmed in mmos before dvd box sets or podcasts!

10+ Year Old Account
    To think there was a time people farmed in mmos before dvd box sets or podcasts!
    Then there is listening to music or audio dramas.