Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Yeah you can also make what's called an alliance that is 24 people so there will probably be a raid for that size or that's for the world bosses not sure on this. Oh and yeah took me ages to find people for Ifrit especially a healer. Glad they are adding another one in hopefully for release.
    I think Aion has things like that. they have instances in sizes of 6, 12, and 24 I think.

Deleted
    I ran 6 of the 7 available dungeons as tank and well, there's some good and some bad. copperbell mine had the best boss mechanics out of all of them in my opinion. Halatali was nice but the first boss is a tank and spank and ignore the secondary mechanic, 2nd one is tank and spank with a cone attack, and a add phase alternating, and the last boss is tanking, getting out of AoE and killing adds before reaching the boss. Not bad, but a step backwards from copperbell.
    the thousand holes of something at lvl 23 was disappointing. It has the most trash of alle the instances by far and the first 2 bossfights doesnt even feel like such. Endboss is better, but also only 3 mechanics /sustained Groundfields, attackable bodypart, Adds)
    Haukke Manor has a nice feel to it, but whoever built a manor with corridors bigger than the actual rooms should change jobs. Here trash can surprise you in the beginning with adding pats that have a big-range AoE that also stuns and while they have low hp, they deal a shitload of dmg. stun them and the thrash is once again only that.
    The Bosses in Manor are also dissapointing. One is tank and spank and throwing AoE dmg at a random party member. 2nd one is 2 NPCs with one being mage and one melee based, aside from getting out of a NPC-centered AOE nothing special here. Endboss is a bit hectic with klicking certain objects, getting aggro from adds and also getting more dmg than you're used to by the boss, in the form of unavoidable spells that look like they could be a minor AE, but I can't say for sure.

And yes, all of these dungeons had exactly 3 bosses

All I heard about raids endgame so far was 24 men.

So far I did every dungeon up to and including Thousand Maw of Toko-raw and it surprises me still that people see any kind of challenge in them.
    I even had a THM healing in Toko-raw and it was very doable.
    While I started pretty safe when i did the first 3 dungeons for the first time I am now at a point close to what I did in wow dungeons. The only thing that keeps me from chainpulling is me worrying about my TP which is rather annoying because it makes the dungeon artificial longer. Not that I have a problem with long dungeons. I still remember spending hours in BRD doing ALL quests with groups on various alts. But being limited by TP is just something that doesn't taste to good in my mouth. Its ok inside a fight. Maybe they need to tune the outside combat reg a bit more.
    Together with a 2.5gcd it also punishes you as tank even more for derpy group members that tend to ran into stuff. Heh. Thats the reason i tend to end trash fights with a nice lefr over mana and tp.
    But yea. So far mechanic wise its not too challenging.

I agree with sergel02. There seems a bit too much trash (and even trashlike bossfights which do give you loot but are just trash with more hp).
    Even when i can tank a room with 4-6 mobs it doesn't speed things up much since there seem to be a lack of people using AoE (or having AoE).

Oh well i don't really complain since its leveling still and i just suck it up. On the other hand it helped me get confident with tanking since you can't really do much wrong while you learn the basics (tanking since classic did help too i guess). Flash is really strong currently (almost op) and with a bit flashy and tabbing its very possible to hold adds even if every dd picks his own target. Something i was super worried about not being able as glad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    FF11 pre chains of promethius had notorious boss fights thats took hours to kill, I belive there was even one if I remember right too a combined effort of 4 link shells from three different time zones a total of nearly 24hours to kill due to its health pool.
    Never heard of Chains of Prometheus. I remember Promathia though!

Deleted
    I didn't really have a problem with the 2.5 gcd until I started tanking in groups when you need to use a combination of moves quickly to get aggro that 2.5 seconds feels far too long. Didn't do any instances higher than Ifrit so bit disappointed they drop in quality if that's what Corros is getting at but they better not pull a swtor with the dungeons (wow you with the first one, expecting the rest of them will be of the same quality and then slowly get more and more half assed).

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Haukke Manor has a nice feel to it, but whoever built a manor with corridors bigger than the actual rooms should change jobs.
    lol this part made me laugh way too hard.

But yeah, some of the trash was harder than the bosses. My group had folks die on trash a few times, but never on bosses.

On the topic of primals, I wonder which ones we'll see. As far as I know, there is supposed to be Ifrit, Garuda, and Bahamut, but also have read Shiva, Odin, Ramuh, and Leviathan (my personal fave). Wonder if there are more.

I didn't really have a problem with the 2.5 gcd until I started tanking in groups when you need to use a combination of moves quickly to get aggro that 2.5 seconds feels far too long. Didn't do any instances higher than Ifrit so bit disappointed they drop in quality if that's what Corros is getting at but they better not pull a swtor with the dungeons (wow you with the first one, expecting the rest of them will be of the same quality and then slowly get more and more half assed).
    I feel the same, cannot get used to 2.5 sec gcd. It's killing game for me. Tanking with higher levels in your party is challenge, unless you doing old school "after 2 sunders, you start doing damage". It is fun overal, except not so flow combat, I think I'll buy game and hope to somehow fix combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    I feel the same, cannot get used to 2.5 sec gcd. It's killing game for me. Tanking with higher levels in your party is challenge, unless you doing old school "after 2 sunders, you start doing damage". It is fun overal, except not so flow combat, I think I'll buy game and hope to somehow fix combat.
    I think if they gave tanks lower GCD, higher enmity and perhaps lower damage to compensate, that it'd be an easy fix. That, or they lower the GCD for everyone which might help, but i'd prefer to see the former.

Deleted
    I also think they could use a killer mini game to help when you get burnt out from questing. I'd like to see a Gold Saucer or Chocobo racing/ breeding farm or even triple triad.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Phase 4 is still a 'maybe'. So don't rely on it.
    No, its a yes with the reservation for change.

I did two dungeons and in all two our limit bar stayed full all time.
    Because we did not know how to use it. How do we use limit breaks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I did two dungeons and in all two our limit bar stayed full all time.
    Because we did not know how to use it. How do we use limit breaks?
    press "p" go into your action button menus. Should be at the same page as sprint, teleport ECT.

I also think they could use a killer mini game to help when you get burnt out from questing. I'd like to see a Gold Saucer or Chocobo racing/ breeding farm or even triple triad.
    From what I've read player housing will have chocobo breeding as one of it's features. According to info from Elvine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish the beta would continue till sunday, its usually the day i play most. Really enjoying the main story quests, im amazed how much of a difference cutscenes can make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post

OH, about leveling. Repeating leves is going to get redundant, but I think I'd rather level just 2 or maybe 3 characters. I'd rather not run copperbell too many times lol. I'd like to see the 1-18 quests from two perspectives, and maybe try two grand companies.
    i wouldn't want to level all classes on one toon tho. I imagine I'd get awfully bored just doing the hunting log and leves, with occasional fates.

About leveling, after your first class I find that it gets much smoother since you have more skills. I'm going to have a lot of skills at lvl 50. Also, on my lancer I found two archer skills practically a necessity now, not that I mind. So while it seems like there aren't many skills at low levels, it does get better in a little bit.
    Agreed. I plan to have a magic character and a physical character, three classes a piece, because I'd much rather just have Summoner/Scholar and Warrior as my jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    l

On the topic of primals, I wonder which ones we'll see. As far as I know, there is supposed to be Ifrit, Garuda, and Bahamut, but also have read Shiva, Odin, Ramuh, and Leviathan (my personal fave). Wonder if there are more.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/world/threats/primals I think those ones!

Man, hearing all this about GCD...makes sense to lower it with tanks. It seems like the whole game is designed around the GCD now, do you think it would ruin it if they lowered it to like, 1.5 ish? I liked 2.5 at the lower levels, but that was the lower levels and who cares.
    Last edited by Sil-Iris; 2013-06-30 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    I will try to have everything on one character, so I can collect drops while performing another role. Will make life much easier. And it has the advantage to have all dungeons, guildhests etc unlocked, along with grand company staff, having a chocobo from lvl 1 etc.
    But its purely down to personal preference.

About the dungeons again. They are not getting worse (well the lvl 23 Torosomething was slightly worse) but rather copperbell was so far standing out above the rest a bit. I'd wish somebody could say something about the lvl 34 dungeon which is supposed to be a bit harder than release version, because I'm not going to grind out lvl 34, would ruin the game for me. (running haukke for 10 times+? no thanks)

I'm not too concerned about encounter design. Ifirit was rock solid if somewhat on the easy side. Add to it 1-2 randomly slowmoving firetornados, increase number of adds to two so the tank need to range taunt one and use a def cd, if you want give the tornados a knockback to keep healer on his toes about range to heal tank and you got a fairly decent challenging encounter for normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    i wish the beta would continue till sunday, its usually the day i play most. Really enjoying the main story quests, im amazed how much of a difference cutscenes can make.
    I can't remember when I so much enjoyed questing. Maybe there isn't too much quest (grinding ones) to level up or is it that there is not kill 10 this, 10 that, 15 this... Or just those cutscenes and dialogues, that took you to break from questing? Also, FATE events - they are short, which is fine by me, not too much time consuming. Damn, I want to play more.

Time to start a Final Fantasy marathon to pass time until open beta. Already going through withdrawals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Time to start a Final Fantasy marathon to pass time until open beta. Already going through withdrawals
    Playing Final Fantasy VI at the moment, never played it before. Would have no chance at finding the optional stuff without the internet, but thats part of a FF game, right? I don't believe too many people bred a black chocobo in VII without a guide :P

Currently in the world of Ruin, after I'm through it's either on to FF III on the DS or IX on the PSP.

A question on FF XII revenant Wings, should I avoid playing it if I havent played XII until now? Would like to play a srpg again, but don't want to spoil FFXII

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Playing Final Fantasy VI at the moment
    Which version?

FFVI is my all time favorite FF game, FFIV is a very close 2nd.