Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have. Once. Was as boring as I imagined it to be.
    I had a blast in there on dino island when the groups insisted 3 was the minimal number of mobs to be had at any given time with 5 being more preferable, even when it was a Brachiosaur up.

And I do mean quite literally "any given time." The entire Diadem run was a never ending battle and I felt physically exhausted like I had actually been in the thick of it by the end. Unfortunately, never really had that experience again afterwards.

But I got my pegasus, which is all I was after.

I tackled it once or twice in the early days. Then I didn't touch it again. I want to, though, so I hope it's made as rewarding/engaging as POTD or Aquapolis which are much more suited to group play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Some may consider that the best feature about squadrons at this point.
    Hmh, maybe - but I'd prefer to have my squadron complete first, currently at 6/8 members.

One from crafting and one from FATEs, but they love to avoid me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hmh, maybe - but I'd prefer to have my squadron complete first, currently at 6/8 members.

One from crafting and one from FATEs, but they love to avoid me.
    So it's been narrowed down to where certain challenges proc certain followers/recruits? I suppose that explains why I've seen so many repeat recruits. Makes sense. Also rather annoying, but I'd also say that leaving it 100% up to RNG would be even more annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And I do mean quite literally "any given time." The entire Diadem run was a never ending battle and I felt physically exhausted like I had actually been in the thick of it by the end.
    Pretty much how it's supposed to be.

Though I still dislike hour long trash fighting. I'm more fond of mechanics and tactics rather than "Whack them HP bars". Esp since I play a healer.

Pretty much how it's supposed to be.

Though I still dislike hour long trash fighting. I'm more fond of mechanics and tactics rather than "Whack them HP bars". Esp since I play a healer.
    Mmmm, Diadem with lots of trash fighting, the suddenly a boss fight. Then at 75% a second boss shows up! Then a third! >:3

Make that Log Horizon season 2 raid into Diadem. Mwahahahaha, yeeeessss, mine is an evil laugh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    So it's been narrowed down to where certain challenges proc certain followers/recruits? I suppose that explains why I've seen so many repeat recruits. Makes sense. Also rather annoying, but I'd also say that leaving it 100% up to RNG would be even more annoying.
    Saw this list earlier in Reddit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...84A/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Then at 75% a second boss shows up! Then a third! >:3

Make that Log Horizon season 2 raid into Diadem.
    *chuckles*
    Wouldn't that be awesome.

I just got a +3 to arm (in one chest) in PotD 1-10 and I was at +20 already. I think I'm really lucky with those PotD clears. (I'm going mostly solo for fun and at the end of my first 1-10 clear I was +9 / +1)

It's really awesome for leveling alt classes while waiting my friend to up our main job together with the main story.

Mmmm, Diadem with lots of trash fighting, the suddenly a boss fight. Then at 75% a second boss shows up! Then a third! >:3

Make that Log Horizon season 2 raid into Diadem. Mwahahahaha, yeeeessss, mine is an evil laugh!
    A wild Arges Prime appears!

haven't been able to connect to my server for 14 hours now..

Have you tried switching to another data center and then back again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking M+'s is harder than any tank content I've done in FF14.
    Higher M+ are harder than anything FF-XIV has to offer in terms of small group content, so it's not really a fair comparison.
    I do agree though that tanking in WoD felt more .. involved and stressful with all that active mitigation.

Haven't tanked in Legion yet, so no clue.^^

So fun fact for Halloween time: Remember Edda? how she was the babby starting questline healer struggling to do her best only to fail? We all know from tam tara what happened eventually, but did you know she has actually been haunting the players before that?

[X_Files_Theme.wav]

Its a 1 in a thousand chance but Edda has been haunting you for years and you may have never noticed.

She could be watching you right now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So fun fact for Halloween time: Remember Edda? how she was the babby starting questline healer struggling to do her best only to fail? We all know from tam tara what happened eventually, but did you know she has actually been haunting the players before that?

[X_Files_Theme.wav]

Its a 1 in a thousand chance but Edda has been haunting you for years and you may have never noticed.

She could be watching you right now...
    This can happen in all 3 city states, and iirc 2am is when it can happen. As far as I know, gridania is the only one that's had her spawn location confirmed.

Managed to complete A9, A10 and A12 with zero wipes this evening. That was a refreshing change. Hopefully when I do A11 tomorrow it'll be the same...

I also did World of Darkness for the first time in ages...it was pretty nostalgic.

Got WAR up to 45 and took a break after 4 DD runs wiping at floor.49 due to DRG's pulling a bunch of rooms at once so swapped to FSH and hit lvl.58, now i have to grind collectibles to grind scripts to get bait to grind fish to mooch to hope for a HQ Letter Puffer to unlock Aether Fishing.

No wonder FSH is the way to make money now, theres a wall to get over to get to Azys Llla fishing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    what wall you can climb to skip something
    Aye, people freak out esp over this one.
    They rather hump a wall for 2 minutes instead of nuking trash packs within 30s. Quite hilarious from where I am standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No wonder FSH is the way to make money now, theres a wall to get over to get to Azys Llla fishing
    Hmm. Did they change anything? Can't remember it being that hard.

Higher M+ are harder than anything FF-XIV has to offer in terms of small group content, so it's not really a fair comparison.
    I do agree though that tanking in WoD felt more .. involved and stressful with all that active mitigation.

Haven't tanked in Legion yet, so no clue.^^
    What I meant was that in WoW M+ a tank has to be able to do max DPS, stay alive, sometimes requiring kiting, interrupts, and CC chains, constant positioning requirements, has to be able to move as quickly as possible and know all the routes of the dungeons, and which mob packs are more dangerous/worth more %.

In FF14, because there is no content really like it to compare too, you're stuck with just focusing on staying alive. FF14 removed interrupts and CC because the community thought it was too hard back in 2.0-2.1, kiting isn't terribly relevant in this game which is fine. I'm not even a huge fan of kiting, but it's much worse in FF14 when you have to move enemies makes it hell for melee, in WoW its fluidity makes that a non-issue.

A tank doesn't have to know any routes or what trash you can skip because it's not really relevant (due to linearity) and there's no danger in there anyway.

I'd be a full time tank in WoW if their tank classes looked or felt as cool as the FF14 variants though for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    What I meant was that in WoW M+ a tank has to be able to do max DPS, stay alive, sometimes requiring kiting, interrupts, and CC chains, constant positioning requirements, has to be able to move as quickly as possible and know all the routes of the dungeons, and which mob packs are more dangerous/worth more %.
    You're kind of assuming that tanks are the only ones capable and must be the only ones to do those task. The only duty a tank has is to keep aggro, not have mobs loose, and mitigate as much damage as possible, anything else is entirely dependent on the encounter or group composition. The concept hasn't changed for at least 17 years and it has always been dependent on many factors that generalization is pointless.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-28 at 07:44 PM.