1. #29781
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah people are blowing it way out of proportion. I see no issues with a boost to 50 or hell even 60. We have enough bad players from Palace of the Dead anyway.
    Some of the arguments people use as an argument towards a boost are cringy too... like

    This game doesn't become MMO until you hit the current content. Before that, it's a single player RPG with a sub. Jumping will be necessary to get new players eventually.
    I guess I imagined those people I leveled alongside while doing FATEs in parties or dungeon runs.

    It'll be nice though and like the above post mentioned I hope its part of Stormblood. I have some friends who enjoy the game but haven't played in a long time and they're just incredibly lazy to do the story... even though they enjoy it. Don't ask me how that makes any sense but that's how they are.

  2. #29782
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Some of the arguments people use as an argument towards a boost are cringy too... like



    I guess I imagined those people I leveled alongside while doing FATEs in parties or dungeon runs.

    It'll be nice though and like the above post mentioned I hope its part of Stormblood. I have some friends who enjoy the game but haven't played in a long time and they're just incredibly lazy to do the story... even though they enjoy it. Don't ask me how that makes any sense but that's how they are.
    Yeah I understand. I have friends like that. I might be able to encourage a few with this potion and I can happily help them get stuck in with the game. Again there is no issue with the boost and anyone claiming it kills the game is a fool.

  3. #29783
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    It also comes down to pricing and if these boosts get "updated" in the future but still the same price
    Well I imagine they will do what WoW does. Price it high so people don't go crazy and buy loads of them. So I'd say 30-40 quid.

  4. #29784
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah people are blowing it way out of proportion. I see no issues with a boost to 50 or hell even 60. We have enough bad players from Palace of the Dead anyway.
    I'd love a 60 boost. The 50 to 60 grind is atrocious for alt jobs.

  5. #29785
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I'd love a 60 boost. The 50 to 60 grind is atrocious for alt jobs.
    Eh problem is if they did 60 now then anybody could boost a tank, healer and dps with 3 boosts and get instant mentor. Of course wouldn't matter in Stormblood when 60 isn't the cap anymore. Honestly I found it not so bad. Roulettes gave a good amount of XP, Levequests, Fates and Palace of the Dead weren't that bad. When I level I like to do a variety instead of sticking to the same thing all the time because then I get a minor burnout.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The way I see it is this

    They perhaps dont understand mmos... dont know that no matter what its time commitment and that if you really really loathe leveling... end game isnt going to change your opinion on that either thus they leave the game...

    Perhaps worth it in the short term but backfires in the long run

    Then again there are those that cant even keep to one game for even a day or whatever
    Yoshi spent his whole time on MMOs before FF14. The dev team have played modern MMOs. Yoshi has played everything from Everquest to Dark Age of Camelot to Rift to WoW and so on. And in a hardcore manner. My point is they know everything about MMOs. And nearly every MMO has this level boost. Guild Wars 2 even threw one in with Heart of Thorns. My point is the boost is becoming a common thing among MMOs. Again I really don't think it will affect the game that badly. People saying it will "kill the game" are overreacting.

    I'm not trying to fanboy Yoshi or the team here but to claim they don't understand MMOs is kind of silly.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-17 at 12:15 AM.

  6. #29786
    Well i caved. I bought the japan fan fest stream.

    I just couldn't pass on best girl minion.

    I am weak.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  7. #29787
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well i caved. I bought the japan fan fest stream.

    I just couldn't pass on best girl minion.

    I am weak.
    Meh not caving if you enjoy it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Its hard to say that this level boost is all Yoshi's doings... he might be even opposed to such a thing or scared of the implementation perhaps even forced to

    While I agree it wont kill the game... it can surely lower customer satisfaction... what that will do? I dont know just look at the entire video game industry and how everyone reacts to games in general... strongly negative to mixed reactions for sure
    I have to disagree. Anybody who has an issue with it doesn't have to buy it. Just ignore it. Simple as that.

  8. #29788
    She will be my precious cinnamon bun and i will keep her out forever.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  9. #29789
    I dont think they will sell gil since its kind of worthless outside of buying a house/apartment.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  10. #29790
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,404
    I really don't understand doomsayers who think like this

    Is absolutely will. Your argument that because there are already bad players, there's nothing that could make things worse is wrong. Yeah, there are some shit players that I get grouped with in duty finder/party finder. No one is arguing that there aren't. But that section is, admittedly, relatively small. For every dungeon I enter that makes me pull my hair out, there are half a dozen that go by without indecent. And I would say that this is the experience for most players, they just don't take notice of positive groups as much as they do negative ones.

    Now, what do you suppose will happen when this is implemented? You really think that such a significant influx of clueless players isn't going to negatively impact the experience of most players? That nightmare party you get grouped with is somewhat of a rare occurrence now, but it would become far more common with the jumping potion.
    a jump potion isn't going to magically make DF worse. Maybe for a little bit at the start of an expac as people are learning a new class etc but it'll eventually even itself back out as the people who want to learn/play well will go out and find that knowledge and the people who don't give as shit will continue to not give a shit. Idk i find this argument against the potion the dumbest one possible. Like if you're so against something like this why aren't they against POTD or Fate grinding? Neither of these teach people how to play. The only difference is (as I pointed out in my reddit post) the time it takes for them to get to max.

  11. #29791
    Also to take into account: If it drops with stormblood thats a new 60-70 experience WITH a class revamp. If people come back from a year long break they wouldnt know their class any better than a boosted one. Shitters gonna shit, It just so happens this is a userbase that by and large will say "okay heres what you are doing wrong" instead of spamming jump and "gogogogogogogogogogogoggo" like the world owes them something.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #29792
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I really don't understand doomsayers who think like this



    a jump potion isn't going to magically make DF worse. Maybe for a little bit at the start of an expac as people are learning a new class etc but it'll eventually even itself back out as the people who want to learn/play well will go out and find that knowledge and the people who don't give as shit will continue to not give a shit. Idk i find this argument against the potion the dumbest one possible. Like if you're so against something like this why aren't they against POTD or Fate grinding? Neither of these teach people how to play. The only difference is (as I pointed out in my reddit post) the time it takes for them to get to max.
    Alright off topic but Kael your new avatar is creepy.

    Also of course there will be a few bad apples at the start. Same thing happened with WoWs boost and people going straight into LFR.

  13. #29793
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,404
    I also agree with some points in the reddit thread, that one potion should have a tutorial/ there needs to be a better one and that 2.0~3.0 needs to be fucking trimmed. However, the way people were talking about it made it seems like we should have one over the other and I disagree with that (with them preferring tutorial/msq trimming). I think we should have both. Especially since there are plenty of people who either don't give a shit about the story, or don't like leveling or both. So I think they should have the means to play with a friend quickly albeit somewhat expensively. I think WoW is smart in putting the price tag at 60 for any past the expac freebie.

    Also on the topic of 'killing ffxiv' I think 2.0's bloated story does more harm to the game than an xp boost.

    @Eleccybubb: aww you find my night pegasus creepy?

  14. #29794
    Also arent they talking about a mandatory 'hall of the intermediate' to go with it?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  15. #29795
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,404
    Here's the english translation of the post if anyone didn't see it.

    I think this is the most important section people should be reading

    Presumed Negative Effects

    Below are the presumed negative effects from implementing these potions.

    Gap between player skills between existing players and new players

    I believe the point majority of the players are most worried about is the part where you may expect to see more players who may not be used to their rotations. However, looking over the data collected from the Chinese and Korean versions, most of these players who have purchased the potions are those who are familiar with online gaming, or those who play with the support from their friends.

    If we look at the number of players who fall within the below criteria (and calculating the percentage from data obtained after the start of Jumping Potion sales)...

    Have just started playing
    Have activated their account (i.e. have paid subscription fees)
    Have purchased one of the job jumping potions

    at most we see only about 27-29% of Korean/Chinese players making the potion purchase.

    When purchasing the potions, a great number of the players made a purchase once they were familiar with the game after leveling to level 30 through the free trial or with an active account. With this said, we're seeing data that shows that there are not many instances of completely new players purchasing them.

    I'm not saying its non-existent, but it's much lower that the worst case scenario that is being assumed.

    However, once we begin the service for Stormblood, we can assume many players will jump to Heavensward, and these players will join at level 60, leading to a short period of time where there may be large skill gap between existing and new players.

    There were about 20-21% percent of those who purchased story jump potions along with the above conditions. From those who have purchased the job jumping potions, it looks like there is a good amount of players who want to experience the main scenario themselves.

    Additionally, from those who have purchased the potions, we can see that over 50% of the players have been playing longer than three months. Therefore, these potions are either helping motivate these players, or being purchased by players with high motivation.

    Feeling of buying experience with money
    For those who have never used these types of jumping potions, you may have this type of feeling towards this matter. Also, some may misunderstand this as Pay-to-Win. However, these measures were put in place to have these players get on the current standard; therefore, it isn’t there to hurt everyone’s play experience or time spent until now, and is in place to further expand the community. With that said, we understand this feeling may not go away from some players, so please be sure to leave your feedback.

  16. #29796
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Oh and fair warning feedback on "official" forum = ban... possibly your entire game account too cause thats a thing ???
    i can say with confidence that they are incredibly ban happy as far as forums go. you can be banned for saying, and i quote, "you're acting like an entitled brat."

    this was in response to someone demanding that people should be forced to wait at the beginning of a dungeon while someone watches the cinematic, cant remember the name of the dungeon he mentioned, but its the level 50 MSQ dungeon with the final boss that has the mechanical hands load rockets. you know, the one that has like an hour worth of cinematic.
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2016-12-17 at 02:19 AM.

  17. #29797
    Scarab Lord Kaelwryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    4,404
    The official forums, while I won't disagree are pretty awful and ban happy, are not moderated by SE iirc. its a third party who handles it.


    I think this will have a noticeable impact on the game: a good one. People will be able to play with their friends instead of slogging thru the clusterfuck that is 2.0's fetch quests. I've seen so many people say that their friend stop playing at 50 once they started working on 2.0's story.

  18. #29798
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    i can say with confidence that they are incredibly ban happy as far as forums go. you can be banned for saying, and i quote, "you're acting like an entitled brat."

    this was in response to someone demanding that people should be forced to wait at the beginning of a dungeon while someone watches the cinematic, cant remember the name of the dungeon he mentioned, but its the level 50 MSQ dungeon with the final boss that has the mechanical hands load rockets. you know, the one that has like an hour worth of cinematic.
    Praetorium. Yeah sorry but if you wanna watch the cutscenes for that make a dedicated group. Nobody is gonna wait half an hour or longer.

  19. #29799
    Titan Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    11,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Praetorium. Yeah sorry but if you wanna watch the cutscenes for that make a dedicated group. Nobody is gonna wait half an hour or longer.
    On my server a kind of unsaid agreement occurred where new players watched older cleared though personally I support watchers

  20. #29800
    the majority of people in random queues are just bad as it is.

    i don't mind any level boost potion as long as i see people with full tome gear that refuse to use aoe, refuse to chain pull, stand around doing nothing as a healer when they could be dpsing, etc.

    i don't think it can get any worse than it already is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •