10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And so the dark ritual has been completed.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u5FmF9Al.png[IMG]
    Oh god kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    To clarify:
    You can buy a 260 weapon for 1000 green tomes + Alexander 12 items (100% personal drop).
    Though with the weekly lockout in place it will take you 7 weeks to gather the items.

In the next patch, that weapon will probably be upgradeable to i270.

If you want to sth ASAP though you can jump to the 240 by doing 4x Alexander 8 (no lockout) and farming 1000 of the red tomes (no weekly cap).
    Probably way faster than putting up with the Palace upgrade RNG grind.
    I unlock A8 by continuing the MSQ, yes?

So I haven't played since 3.3. Is the fastest way to get to Ilvl 230 just farming tomestones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So I haven't played since 3.3. Is the fastest way to get to Ilvl 230 just farming tomestones?
    Yup. And a tip: I farmed lab for 150 per run which I realized was so wrong. Later dungeons aren't ilvl-downscaled and so much easier. Believe in the ilvl of your friends is what I come to believe in :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Yup. And a tip: I farmed lab for 150 per run which I realized was so wrong. Later dungeons aren't ilvl-downscaled and so much easier. Believe in the ilvl of your friends is what I come to believe in :P
    At this point i think the ilvl thing is there just to make sure mechanics happen. At 255+ any dps can be a tank on small pulls and tanks can just be another dps and burn everything. It makes the last patches dungeons a joke but i think the scaling is just because the few unscaled fights like Thordan can actually bug out and not trigger properly when shifting phase because you killed them too fast so you need to leave and get a 30 minute debuff. I imagine the finale of ARF would be a prime candidate for this and its a roullette and heavily farmed MSQ instance so its a high traffic dungeon to boot. Can't imagine theres another reason to keep it so low.

My POTD group reached the 170th floor today! Only 30 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    How broken will you be if you wipe at 199? :O

Seriously though hope you make it

Man looking at the PSN trophies for FFXIV has some surprising stuff in it when you look at total playerbase percentage for trophies. The lowest being -besides only 1% of the PS3/4 userbase platinum'ing the game- 4% have done 1000 levequests which over 3 years seems real low. But then you look at the runner up being 5.4% of players have synthesised 1000 items as ALC and that really suggests that job needs some love. If the potion maker job in your rpg has the lowest items made rate than something is a bit wrong.
    Granted Deep Dungeon raining them down on you didn't help but they really could give them something to do more than just stat potions for raiders. Maybe take some inspiration from WoW's engineering and let them make consumable items to use in fights like a bomb or making a puddle of healing to stand in. If i have no problem shoving mug and trick attack and so on into my rotation imagine folks like BLM would like some phials of something or other to chuck on the move.

Anyone else think its in a weird spot crafting wise? All the others make weapons, armour, food or mass produce materials easily. But since things like enchanted inks are so rarely used by others and there is almost no market for potions at all it feels like the one job with nothing to do but the scant housing exclusives it can make and really seems like it should get a rework in Stormblood.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How broken will you be if you wipe at 199? :O

Seriously though hope you make it
    Haha, I'd be pretty annoyed! Thanks, though! We've been doing pretty well so far. The main trouble has been getting four players online at the exact same time to continue.

I'll be glad if I can scratch it off my list of things I want to finish before 4.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at PotD, "Oh?" - everybody else in my PotD group got mount but me.. and pretty much at same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went 1 through 50 yesterday. Good XP , and its kinda fun. Feels really different from any content i'd ever played in FF14. Looking foward to this Diadem thingy , and having more spare time to invest in Good Saucer.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    could try farming weeping city gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    could try farming weeping city gear too.
    oh, forgot that place dropped Ilvl 230 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I unlock A8 by continuing the MSQ, yes?
    Uuh.. I think Alex has it's own questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Uuh.. I think Alex has it's own questline.
    It does, though I think you still have to beat the 3.0 msq to get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It does, though I think you still have to beat the 3.0 msq to get to it.
    Yeah you do then be the right Ilv for each part..reminds me need to get off my ass abd finish this and do sophia and the new one then actually do some ex raids lol

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yep and yep! I haven't gotten one to 60 yet, I'm still grinding through the ridiculous amount of quests at 50 to unlock HW on my NIN. I take a break from that occasionally and grind up another class to 30. I did complete the hall already (can it be done multiple times?) and that ring is freaking awesome. I have my chocobo for mount and as companion too. I can't really attest to how useful it is in battle, but it's more DPS I guess.
    Hall of the Novice can be completed as many times as you want; you can get caster gear, healer gear (may be one in the same), physical dps gear, and tank gear, and it all last into the mid-20s easily. Can't get multiple rings, though.

That slog through the 2.1-2.55 quests kills off more people than anything, it seems. It's like trying to run down the street, only to get stuck on a treadmill about 2/3 the way there for a hour or so. Not to conflate that analogy with the amount of time it takes to complete all those quests...from all the dungeons you unlock/run, it'll take well over a hour. Yet based on what I have seen thus far, Stormblood will require the MSQ to be complete up through 3.55...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    171-180 isn't too awful, but I will say going to the 180 boss fight blind was one of the more asshole-puckering events I've endured from a video game in a while.

181-190 is where shit gets real. My team wiped on 183 cause we thought we could handle 3 mobs at once, none of which were chimaera. I blame myself because I'm our primary pom user.

I think its reaching the point all the people who wanted to craft on Shiva are done leveling at this point, off doing my moogle dailys as LTW for that easy 60k gil and some crystals and i dont see a soul not 60 in ironworks. I wonder if there is a huge drop off and the moogles have run their course for most of the current population? anyone else noticed this? it seems like theres far less leveling crafters about in HW now, though maybe some are hoping for some nerfs to leveling in SB?

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. Only a select few actually bother with crafting.
    Except for Gourmet, I was done leveling crafting way before Moogles came out.
    Good for us though, means that the prices of the fibers will stay relatively high. ^^

I should check on fiber values on my server. I have a mountain of Moogle currency.