Hooray! Just announced the next beta starts 5 July!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Well FML if this is the case, I was hopeing to get some homework done on sunday after the servers went offline.
    You can; write down which nodes give which materials, which skills are most beneficial cross-class, and the most fun route to level from 1-50 with the given information. I'll want it at least 20 pages SINGLE spaced by the start of the game, taking into account any changes. Please include map graphics with clear-cut paths as well as grammatically-funny English.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Not to get all overly personal, but good luck.
    Thankies!

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Well, but what good does it really do for you if they're kept open longer. I mean sure, you can test more, but you can be honest, most of us just want to play more. The thing is... if you invested some time over the last weekends you have done pretty much everything. For me, the only thing left would be grinding to 34 to see brayflox, and I'm not sure i want to spoil the game by already grinding in BETA.
    Well I guess most people are still in the "trying to find what to play later".
    Personally i hope to get to test Paladin but we have to see.

Questions:

How do you guys think the Legacy servers will differ from newly established ones? A friend of mine has a Legacy character and is going to one, and I'm just not sure how big of a difference it will make. Do you think most Legacy account holders will make new characters to have fun and relearn things? Will the economy be inflated in some way, or skewed? Conversely, will it be positively effected with a better spread of characters or negatively as higher level players will trivialize lower level content in a sense?

Just curious on people's thoughts.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Questions:

How do you guys think the Legacy servers will differ from newly established ones? A friend of mine has a Legacy character and is going to one, and I'm just not sure how big of a difference it will make. Do you think most Legacy account holders will make new characters to have fun and relearn things? Will the economy be inflated in some way, or skewed? Conversely, will it be positively effected with a better spread of characters or negatively as higher level players will trivialize lower level content in a sense?

I am not sure how it will work, it is just my understanding that legacey players wont be able to transfer to different servers for the first month or so as to not be able to have an advantage in takeing server first kills in the raids.

Questions:

Other than not being able to manipulate an early economy, there isn't much difference. The question that most of my friends face is...are you ok with starting waaaaaay behind everyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Questions:

I think the econ will be a bit skewed and over priced compared to a starting server. My character which only has 2 level 30's, THM & Gold smithing has over 200k gil. I can't even think about how much people with 50's have.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    I think the econ will be a bit skewed and over priced compared to a starting server. My character which only has 2 level 30's, THM & Gold smithing has over 200k gil. I can't even think about how much people with 50's have.
    That's another thing. They said one of the reasons personal player housing wasn't coming in was they didn't expect people to have the money for it fast enough, as they're going to be expensive. But...even moving the gil a decimal place seems to leave players with a lot. IDK. Starting way behind people isn't terrible, it's just not preferable. I mean there's no reason for them to do lower dungeons, so they're missing out on that too, which means higher tier content is going to be tested sooner and strategies figured out. Ehh...

Deleted
    Giving Legacy players lvl 50 characters is acutally a pretty neat idea. They will have a sgnificant amount of people testing the endgame bevor tha vast majority of newcomers/people starting over reaches maxlvl.

And let's face it, maxlvl legacy players will be betatesting the endgame. But as they are the more hardcore fans already, the risk of them having too short a patience is lowered.

I've got no problem with that, having the most glaring issues resolved by the time I myself arrive at maxlvl^^

Giving Legacy players lvl 50 characters is acutally a pretty neat idea. They will have a sgnificant amount of people testing the endgame bevor tha vast majority of newcomers/people starting over reaches maxlvl.

And let's face it, maxlvl legacy players will be betatesting the endgame. But as they are the more hardcore fans already, the risk of them having too short a patience is lowered.

I've got no problem with that, having the most glaring issues resolved by the time I myself arrive at maxlvl^^
    I guess the idea is...if they didn't revamp it, they'd be much further ahead. And I wouldn't be interested at all. xD. So I should be grateful and fine with all of it.

I played ~4 beta days and got my GLD to 29 while also getting some CNJ levels, exploring a lot, running around enjoying the view and testing other classes a bit.
    I think it is save to say that with open beta and early access you won't be too far away from those lvl 50 folks.
    Ofc there will be a big gear difference and you will only have 1 class that high if you push.
    But I worry more about how open the legacy servers will be for newcomers when there are lots of old guilds who transfers and already have their social structures set.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I played ~4 beta days and got my GLD to 29 while also getting some CNJ levels, exploring a lot, running around enjoying the view and testing other classes a bit.
    I think it is save to say that with open beta and early access you won't be too far away from those lvl 50 folks.
    Ofc there will be a big gear difference and you will only have 1 class that high if you push.
    But I worry more about how open the legacy servers will be for newcomers when there are lots of old guilds who transfers and already have their social structures set.
    Yeah, but a lot of people maxed classes much more. And 29 in 4 days seems like skipping story, which I don't plan to do. And exploring isn't too big a deal, the game world seems pretty small imo (relative to GW2 and such), half because there's no swimming and half because there's so many invisible walls and such. I hope they expand the world a lot.

Deleted
    And never assume your own time represents a majority. you are betatesting, you are using a forum, so it can be assumed you are an above-average player in skill as well as time commitment.
    The masses will need at least a few weeks to be maxlvl and really ready to run maxlvl content.

And no, I am not bioware and going to assume 3-4 months^^

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeees.

This new beta has no end-date! Woohoo! No more of this BS of having to stop playing on Sunday @ 2AM!

Quote Originally Posted by lollermittens View Post
    Yeeeeees.

This new beta has no end-date! Woohoo! No more of this BS of having to stop playing on Sunday @ 2AM!
    Until...they add one.
    They probably want to get enough time in for the Duty Finder testing for P3, so maybe they'd extend it a bit to compensate for late introduction. Otherwise guess we'll see.

And I only got to 23 (missed last weekend's Beta).
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2013-07-03 at 06:39 PM.

Until...they add one.
    They probably want to get enough time in for the Duty Finder testing for P3, so maybe they'd extend it a bit to compensate for late introduction. Otherwise guess we'll see.

And I only got to 23 (missed last weekend's Beta).
    Than maybe I can justify making another Miqo'te as a Marauder or something; sitting through that intro and being unable to hit ESC, Start, Select, etc. to skip it isn't fun after the first time. ; -;

Unless someone here knows how to skip it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Than maybe I can justify making another Miqo'te as a Marauder or something; sitting through that intro and being unable to hit ESC, Start, Select, etc. to skip it isn't fun after the first time. ; -;

Unless someone here knows how to skip it.
    Well, start marauder on an existing character. you will have more than enough leves now. positive side effect is you have alle dungeons already unlocked.

Yeah, but a lot of people maxed classes much more. And 29 in 4 days seems like skipping story, which I don't plan to do. And exploring isn't too big a deal, the game world seems pretty small imo (relative to GW2 and such), half because there's no swimming and half because there's so many invisible walls and such. I hope they expand the world a lot.
    Yes that's why I mentioned that you can get close but will only be close in one class. There was no more Story in the beta so far so i got a good look at all. I also took my time to read texts and watch cutscenes as I dont plan to do that much with release. At least not with my main character. I simply played a lot in those last 2 beta weekends

And never assume your own time represents a majority. you are betatesting, you are using a forum, so it can be assumed you are an above-average player in skill as well as time commitment.
    The masses will need at least a few weeks to be maxlvl and really ready to run maxlvl content.

And no, I am not bioware and going to assume 3-4 months^^
    Well the average player will be slower for sure. But most in this forum will probably have a /played above the average player. I think the legacy copy is one of the reasons why we can keep our p4 characters so that people who want to catch up can have their chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can any Legacy who actually played their Legacy Characters answer this: Since Retainers are unlocked via the main story, will Legacy characters have to do the same story line quests to unlock it or do they get their retainers straight away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Can any Legacy who actually played their Legacy Characters answer this: Since Retainers are unlocked via the main story, will Legacy characters have to do the same story line quests to unlock it or do they get their retainers straight away?
    I may be wrong, but I think I#ve read that yes, legacy characters have to do the main story to unlock certain things.