Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Oh yeah ofc no argument about that. Speaking of average groups I d say on EU on my center around peak hours theres around 80-100 grps and around 25-45 on non peak hours. Its hard not to find grps
    That's awesome. 80-100 is a very good number. I used to see like ~20 on a medium pop server and it was nice, but never felt like enough.

When I was on Jenova we had like 6. 50% of which were sales posts.

Now all my characters are geared and ready for Stormblood and i have nothing to level or quests to do i did the agonising job of picking what gear in my retainers invetories i didnt need to make room. That was some harder decisions than i thought it would be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Exactly what misinformation am I spreading?
    I think he meant the following:
    You stated that your 970 struggles in Hunts and densely populated Areas and implied that you'd see better results with a 1080ti instead.
    Depending on your CPU, your 970 is already being held back by CPU heavy MMO design, so you won't see much of an improvement switching to a 1080ti.

Meanwhile here I am with my budget 1050 2gb and I get 60 on mostly high settings. Ofc it starts to struggle in crowded areas but tbh out of all the MMOS I have played FF14 feels really well optimized. Especially in 24 man raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.
    Sitting at a constant 60 in all raids / dungeons and that's with a custom ENB plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think he meant the following:
    You stated that your 970 struggles in Hunts and densely populated Areas and implied that you'd see better results with a 1080ti instead.
    Depending on your CPU, your 970 is already being held back by CPU heavy MMO design, so you won't see much of an improvement switching to a 1080ti.
    I'm not expecting to go from 50-60 up to 100 fps or anything. If I do go through with that plan, it'll be with 4k gaming in mind later on, and it won't be exclusively to this game. 970 runs decent now, but was amazing on the old monitor. It's weird to be in a position where I could possibly splurge on an ungodly piece of hardware for the first time in ~15 years (back when I built my first rig with an Radeon 9700 Pro when they were the baddest card on the market, heh).

If I don't make a move at all hardware wise, I'm confident I'm still good to go for Stormblood and beyond.

Little rant from me again.

Satasha Hard. We literally asked a Dragoon who wasn't using Heavy Thrust "Dragoon use Heavy Thrust mate it's a damage increase" and he got all pissy and said we were flaming him. How the hell do you get flaming from that? We didn't say anything rude to him just politely asked him to use his damage increasing ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird to be in a position where I could possibly splurge on an ungodly piece of hardware for the first time in ~15 years
    *chuckles*
    I can empathize. I felt the same way about my 1070, and also felt a little insane for paying 485€ for a friggin graphics card. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Satasha Hard. We literally asked a Dragoon who wasn't using Heavy Thrust "Dragoon use Heavy Thrust mate it's a damage increase" and he got all pissy and said we were flaming him. How the hell do you get flaming from that? We didn't say anything rude to him just politely asked him to use his damage increasing ability.
    sounds like a quality player

*chuckles*
    I can empathize. I felt the same way about my 1070, and also felt a little insane for paying 485€ for a friggin graphics card. :X
    Same here. For reference purposes, that card in my first box cost right at or just over $300 USD back then, so adjusted for inflation, it would be just over $400 USD now...instead, now our top of the line cards are $700. So that would explain part of why I was able to splurge then...the cards weren't as expensive.

If only 1080 Ti cards cost $400 USD. :-/

On a FF14 note:

Only got 1 line for this week's WT; had a potential 3 line setup brewing at 7/9 seals (with 1 line already), then as one would expect, the remaining 2 decided to go "lol, nope". Oh well. I'm still 30k mgp closer to a Fenrir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woo, my GTX 1080 estimated arrival is on this Friday, and with Ghost Recon® Wildlands coming with it, I can waste weekend while waiting for patch 3.5 part 2. Unless something goes horribly wrong, like with my mouse earlier.

Can't wait to see if they added Rem's hairstyle or not, my cat needs it.

10+ Year Old Account

Some times I wonder if the real issue is being told to do something in party rather than whispers. From my personal experience I always got better responses from players when I tell them in private rather than party. (In other MMO's obviously.)

I mean don't get me wrong I get people getting flaming angry and offended with me when I whisper them about things they can fix, but I tend to get the angry pissy response more when said advice is in the open for others to see.

Being able to whisper in a duty would make a world of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account

As a person who has played Dragoon, I often struggled with keeping the buffs/debuffs up, so I defaulted to just not pressing some buttons to at least keep a rhythm going. Some buttons felt like they ruined that flow/rhythm because a lot of the abilities came up at the same time, or debuffs/buffs needed to be reapplied simultaneously. I understand the sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    As a person who has played Dragoon, I often struggled with keeping the buffs/debuffs up, so I defaulted to just not pressing some buttons to at least keep a rhythm going. Some buttons felt like they ruined that flow/rhythm because a lot of the abilities came up at the same time, or debuffs/buffs needed to be reapplied simultaneously. I understand the sentiment.
    But it wasn't that issue. It was someone flat out going on a bitch fit because they were not using it at all and we politely asked them. I absolutely despise people who refuse to do shit like that in group content. Same with Bards who keep Ballad on and troll.

Same here. For reference purposes, that card in my first box cost right at or just over $300 USD back then, so adjusted for inflation, it would be just over $400 USD now...instead, now our top of the line cards are $700. So that would explain part of why I was able to splurge then...the cards weren't as expensive.

If only 1080 Ti cards cost $400 USD. :-/

On a FF14 note:

Only got 1 line for this week's WT; had a potential 3 line setup brewing at 7/9 seals (with 1 line already), then as one would expect, the remaining 2 decided to go "lol, nope". Oh well. I'm still 30k mgp closer to a Fenrir.
    At least a GTX 1080 isn't $847.49 after tax... with a 134$ discount ;P. Yay 15% tax on top of a the USD to CAD conversion. Yes I'm salty.

Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-03-23 at 03:15 AM.

I bought tickets for the Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert today. It's not until November 4th, but I managed to grab a pair. I'm pretty excited since I've wanted to go for ages and it's the first time in a while it's been in London...which isn't exactly close given that I moved to Scotland last year but...well worth planning a mini holiday for, at least.

I wonder if they'll play some FFXIV music...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Dragoon use Heavy Thrust mate it's a damage increase" [...] How the hell do you get flaming from that?
    Depends on how you read the sentence, how good your English is and what you interpret into it.
    I'd recommend using the players name, instead of [class] next time. I can read your sentence in an arrogant tone and it can be felt as condescending.

- - - Updated - - -

now...instead, now our top of the line cards are $700.
    Cute... 700$.
    Try for around 900€, unless you want the crappy blower version.

Depends on how you read the sentence, how good your English is and what you interpret into it.
    I'd recommend using the players name, instead of [class] next time. I can read your sentence in an arrogant tone and it can be felt as condescending.

- - - Updated - - -

Cute... 700$.
    Me. "Dragoon use Heavy Thrust please it's a neat dmg increase for you". Literally said that if you want an exact quote. I did use his player name but I just put class in this to not name and shame or whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sentence sounds completely different.
    Yeah, some players do have averse reactions if you dare to criticize their "God given" gaming skills.
    It's best not to argue with individuals like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Cute... 700$.
    I shudder to think how much the 1080 ti is going to cost here. ugh.