Confirmed by my GM that the lock is already in effect, if you try to transfer, the listed servers are not listed at all, they're missing entirely

This basically removes the backdoor from anyone getting in, Balmung and Gilgamesh are literally and impenetrably on lockdown

Normally, I'd be "Okay cool", but the fact they sprung this on us with ZERO warning is actually genuinely infuriating, much less because I was talking friends into trying the game only for this to seperate us from them
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-05-17 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    servers back up early =D

and yeah between storage space and having to make characters at 2AM i dont know which is a bigger personal gripe

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Talked like 6-7 friends from WoW into trying XIV, got them super hyped for Stormblood, got them all taught on lore and classes, got them to get ready when the servers came up...

And Balmung is immediately locked despite having just come up from maintenance with new server software so none of them can roll toons and play with us

Thanks Square
    No sympathy for anyone complaining about this; do not need everyone rolling and backdoor transferring to a server that already has a small wait to get in the world most days, seriously,

Thanks Square

just to make it clear; 39 in queue and the servers just came up in the middle of the night in the middle of the week; now think about launch for Stormblood ...

reroll on a different server and play with your friends, I've done that many times in WoW, and a few times in FFXIV.
    Last edited by zeropeorth; 2017-05-17 at 07:08 AM.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Confirmed by my GM that the lock is already in effect, if you try to transfer, the listed servers are not listed at all, they're missing entirely

This basically removes the backdoor from anyone getting in, Balmung and Gilgamesh are literally and impenetrably on lockdown

Normally, I'd be "Okay cool", but the fact they sprung this on us with ZERO warning is actually genuinely infuriating, much less because I was talking friends into trying the game only for this to seperate us from them
    honestly, if they did warn people then there would've been mass transfers going into them before the lock, defeating the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post

My normal xmog for my BLM, but thinking of carrying it over for my RDM.

Thoughts?
    Ooh I really like this! Definitely fits Red Mage too. What are the pieces?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know about the legs and gloves but the robe is from crystal tower

heh, can't even double weave anymore. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    heh, can't even double weave anymore. gg.
    not really feeling a difference on mine. which sucks cause double weaving's always been hit or miss for me.

Well, hard to say just yet if there's a difference or not for me. No clue what my old performance was like but I had no issue moving out of AoE in time. Cut it a little close at times, but I like to think I've got a decent memory for mechanics and also decent reactions so movement heavy fights like Soph EX and Titan EX were never a major issue for me even as an EU player on a NA server.

I guess I'll manage. Worst case scenario for me was logging on and lagging even with movement and such but that isn't the case at all. I'll test out some duties later but I doubt it'll be anything that makes it a necessity to transfer away from Balmung. I haven't used anything to attempt to adjust my connection, either, so I imagine there's options to smooth it out a little?

Bit of a BS situation for the as-of-now permalocked servers. You have long time players on these servers who would be happy to recruit their friends to play, but now that's literally impossible without either rolling an alt on another server or paying to transfer off the mega-populated servers to elsewhere.

Kinda curious to see if they take some additional steps prior to SB release. Between the EU folks (and some east coast folks) getting the hose on connection to the NA datacenter and now having the likes of Balmung and Gilgamesh permalocked...it ain't pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Ooh I really like this! Definitely fits Red Mage too. What are the pieces?
    Chest: Crimson Vest
    Gloves: Amatsu Tekko
    Legs: Eastern Journey Bottoms
    Boots: Amatsu Sune-Ate

The Amatsu gear is from that FFXI crossover event a while back. Gives that armored look for cloth wearers as well as other gear categories, but it's not dyeable.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think putting the servers in one of the middle states would have made much more sense but I guess even that is asking too much.

Went from 50 to 80 and I'm fine as this and WoW are playable to 200-250ms for me but yeah, going form one coast extreme to another is pretty asinine.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm not really sure how they can solve the situation with Balmung and Gilgamesh. No matter how they approach the situation some people are going to be screwed over - but they definitely need to make it more appealing to transfer to smaller servers. As it stands, there's not many incentives to do so and many players are not going to just up and leave. Leaving friends behind is painful and then there's people who have settled there already but want their friends to play where they are. So it's quite a tricky situation to address.

Stormblood will likely boost the population further, especially if it's an improvement over 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    No sympathy for anyone complaining about this; do not need everyone rolling and backdoor transferring to a server that already has a small wait to get in the world most days, seriously,

Thanks Square

just to make it clear; 39 in queue and the servers just came up in the middle of the night in the middle of the week; now think about launch for Stormblood ...

reroll on a different server and play with your friends, I've done that many times in WoW, and a few times in FFXIV.
    Here's the issue, to put as politely as possible.

I have played on Balmung since coming to the game. I have an FC on Balmung, I have a big group of friends on Balmung, I have two characters, level 60 on all jobs between them, and I am an RPer.

On other servers, I have no characters, no other server is friendly to RPers, being neutral at best and abusive at worst to them. I will be without an FC, and as a person with people problems, would not want to look for one. I wouldn't have any of my accomplishments, or anything of the sort, and I would not transfer any of my mains especially now that I'm in a one way street.

This has created an enormous lose-lose as I'm now desperately trying to convince my friends, who were so excited to try out this game with me, to not quit before they even reach level 10, because it's such a bummer they can't play on the only RP server when they are also RPers, all over, this has created a shitty situation.

From a technical standpoint, I get it, server loads suck, queues suck, but dropping this on us with zero warning and basically leaving fledgeling RPers with no place to go and groups of friends with no way to meet?

I've never been so upset at the XIV team and a decision they've made.

One way to look at is now more than one server can grow into the RP server or raiding server. Of course it's up the community to do this and it'll take time but I think it's healthy for the game in the long run. Can't have everyone congregating on one or two servers.

I think they should probably think and look for ways to incentivize some transfers off Balmung & Gilgamesh to lower population servers. There's bound to be some people who wouldn't mind the opportunity. Perhaps they can explore that once housing transfers are possible. Free transfers off high population servers would be one idea.

I also think the refer-a-friend should still include allowance to roll a character on the locked servers. I'd even accept an additional step of the referring friend having to pay a discounted server transfer cost when sending the invite, or having the option of paying the discounted server cost after the friend finishes their free trial.

But I think Square's goal is probably to get cross-server friends lists, linkshells, party finder, and ultimately FCs (including housing) functioning so the server you're on becomes less of a factor in playing together.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post

My normal xmog for my BLM, but thinking of carrying it over for my RDM.

Thoughts?

Needs a proper hat but i could see it working.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Looks like the server locks aren't permanent, but meant to stabilize populations and make Stormblood's launch smooth.

On the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood on Tuesday, June 20, login restrictions will be put in place on highly populated Worlds which may result in players having difficulty logging in.

In light of this, a number of preemptive measures will be taken in order to ensure players have an enjoyable experience playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood.

We will also begin taking steps to encourage an even distribution of active players across all Worlds.

Suspension of World Transfers to High Population Worlds

Transfers to the following Worlds will be suspended until their active player populations have stabilized.

Gaia
    Bahamut
    Mana
    Chocobo
    Mandragora
    Shinryu
    Aether
    Balmung
    Gilgamesh
    Suspension of Character Creation on High Population Worlds

Character creation on the following Worlds will be suspended until their active player populations have stabilized.

Gaia
    Bahamut
    Mana
    Chocobo
    Mandragora
    Shinryu
    Aether
    Balmung
    Gilgamesh
    Increase to Gil Limit for World Transfers

To better accommodate players moving from high population Worlds to low population Worlds, the amount of gil that can be transferred with characters and retainers has been increased as follows (Please note this also applies when transferring to high population Worlds):

Players

Before After
    1,000,000 gil 10,000,000 gil
    Retainers

Before After
    100,000 gil each 5,000,000 gil each
    If players are able to transfer characters without problems after these changes, we will consider removing the gil limit on character transfers.

Addition of EU Data Center Worlds and Improvements to Population Distribution

All Worlds on the EU data center are presently experiencing high levels of player congestion. To resolve this issue, new Worlds will be added at the release of 4.0.
    Moreover, players who to transfer to or create new characters on designated Worlds across all data centers will receive special bonuses as described below.
    * Pleased be advised the bonuses planned for implementation are subject to change.

Bonuses

Transfers to designated Worlds will be free of charge.
    EXP bonuses will be applied to designated Worlds (up to level 60).
    Gil and free play time will be awarded to newly created characters that reach a certain level on designated Worlds.
    EXP bonuses will be applied to newly established Worlds (up to level 60).
    Gil and free play time will be awarded to newly created characters that reach a certain level on newly established Worlds.
    For players who own personal housing, we are planning a number of provisions including a reimbursement for the full price of the estate, and compensation for the cost of furnishings which we will add in subsequent updates moving forward. We also plan to accommodate free companies members that plan to move together with or without a free company estate.

We thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to create an enjoyable playing environment for players on all Worlds.
    Also some Quality of Life changes shown off here.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-05-17 at 01:38 PM.

Regarding Clipping: I hate clipping so much. I purposefully avoid it as best I can. I also don't have my floating weapon shown either. I'd rather justify I make it materialize out of thin air via DRG magic than see it float there .

Regarding new ping: So I went from ~25 to ~100. While 100 ping is "playable" it's not the same. I've played WoW at 11 ping on Scylla, and I've played WoW on Blackrock @ 100 ping. The difference was night and day. It's like running a half marathon with a 25lb weight vest. Yeah it doesn't stop you, but it does detract from the experience. So I have to deal with 4x my original ping. I'll give it a try and see how it feels.

I'd be REALLY curious to see them outline their decision making process for the new server location.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    To be nice to myself, I'll call myself musically challenged, but I know that (electric) guitars and accompanying equipment (amps, pedals, etc) can cost that much and then some. Pretty sure the same applies to drum kits/sets, as well as just about any other musical instrument.

If I wanted to add a supercharger kit to my car, that would cost me 6-7 grand, easily. Moral of the story: Hobbies can be expensive as fuck.
    I bought a high end turbo kit for my sentra for $3,600, another $1k in tuning got me 350whp and high 12's @ 110+. Ran perfectly despite me beating on it non-stop for 5 years. I completely regret selling it

Then again if you have a 5.0 GT or something or an M3 those SC kits aren't cheap.

Upon further not-at-3AM review, the bonus incentive stuff doesn't seem to be applying strictly to the upcoming new EU servers. I originally thought those were the only servers that would apply to.

I'm not keen on moving off of Balmung at this point. I sure as hell won't pay to do so. I'm not an RPer, but I have a plethora of friends here. That said, I'm going to keep an eye on the situation, because I remember the hell that was SWTOR launch where it was a 2 hour wait to get on the server that had been preselected through whatever the "make your in game guild before the game is actually up" program. We ended up having to reroll once they added new servers. Not really an option in this game.