10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Having a different opinion than you does not make someone childish. You calling people a kid, is childish.
    Psst! He thinks I look young and hot.
    Guess he missed the grey in my hair.

*chuckles*

AF3 Gallery.

Not a fan of SMN and AST sets; rest are decent. Wasn't a fan of PLD originally (I still like the AF2 a little more), but it's far from awful.

Thankfully, the BLM AF3 isn't terribad looking like their AF2 was (I dare say that gear was a factor in why I burned out and quit for 3.1, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Condensing a complex game like FF14 down to a series of predominently single-player quests is disengenuous in the extreme. The game has so much more to offer than just the MSQ, one can very easilly dislike the MSQ while also being engaged by the core game play.

The "MSQ or GTFO" attitude is more harmful than you realise, it's pushed away practically everyone I've tried to introduce to the game. Part of that is the shear length of the questlines, but also the community attitude that's made them feel very unwelcome. Which is a shame, they've enjoyed the dungeon content and PotD, but not the hostility from a minority of players who insist that the story is the most important part of FF 14.
    Why did it push them away? Why couldnt they be bothered to play through the quests? If they really hate the story, why couldn't they just hit esc, hit skip, and move on? And what is so different about end game? It's the same progression of dungeons. In fact, if you want the tombstones for gear, your still farming all this old dungeons and trials you wanted to skip past. Every raid zone, ever trial, every dungeon is tied to quests and progression, just like the msq. So yes, I do fully believe, if you don't like the early game, it doesnt get all that much better or different later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Having a different opinion than you does not make someone childish. You calling people a kid, is childish.
    That is highly subjective and depends on what was said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I never said you specifically would kick someone, just in general for people that are elitist enough with the mindset if you're not dpsing on healer you're shit.
    Well if you are idly standing around 80% of the time twiddling your thumbs instead of contributing to the run... you'd be no different from a BLM spamming ice.
    That cannot be explained away by: "I'm new and uncomfortable and don't want anyone to die because I went into cleric at an inopportune moment".

You said using EVERY gcd ability available, which case most don't. Just their basic ST or aoe rotation.
    By GCD I mean the "global cooldown" itself, not the skills you have at your disposal but the windows, i.e. uptime during a fight. Most DPS and Tanks will be over 90% only missing windows because of mechanics (except if, they are bad/lazy/what have you) and you think it's "okay" for a healer to sit at 60% or even less uptime doing nothing during several windows ? Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Then quote where I was being childish. Please.
    You weren't being childish. I just meant you kids as in people with that elitist mindset on healers. Did not mean to offend you but I use the word kid a lot because I'm older than most gamers I play with so it's a force of habit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    BLM one looks disappointing, but I guess they are used to it by now.
    I like the WHM one.
    DRK looks... bland. Forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well if you are idly standing around 80% of the time twiddling your thumbs instead of contributing to the run... you'd be no different from a BLM spamming ice.
    That cannot be explained away by: "I'm new and uncomfortable and don't want anyone to die because I went into cleric at an inopportune moment".
    That's not an accurate comparison by any means. In an average dungeon run a BLM casting only ice is noticeable while a healer not dpsing isn't. I could spam heal and not use one dps ability the entire run and I would get all the commendations 9/10 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not an accurate comparison by any means. In an average dungeon run a BLM casting only ice is noticeable while a healer not dpsing isn't.
    Trust me, it is quite noticeable if you've gotten used to it because YOU have been the healer for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    AF3 Gallery.

Not a fan of SMN and AST sets; rest are decent. Wasn't a fan of PLD originally (I still like the AF2 a little more), but it's far from awful.

Thankfully, the BLM AF3 isn't terribad looking like their AF2 was (I dare say that gear was a factor in why I burned out and quit for 3.1, lol).
    My Top 5 : PLD (so elegant, so galant, so gentlemanly) -> DRG -> RDM -> MNK -> SAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    My Top 5 : PLD (so elegant, so galant, so gentlemanly) -> DRG -> RDM -> MNK -> SAM.
    DRG looks neat, lets see if they ruin it for females again because "Girls have to show skin!!11".
    PLD looks elegant, yes. Curious to see whether the class itself will be fun or whether it will remain a snoozefest.

By GCD I mean the "global cooldown" itself, not the skills you have at your disposal but the windows, i.e. uptime during a fight. Most DPS and Tanks will be over 90% only missing windows because of mechanics (except if, they are bad/lazy/what have you) and you think it's "okay" for a healer to sit at 60% or even less uptime doing nothing during several windows ? Really ?
    I actually do think it's ok and so do a majority of players. If they rolled a healer they want to heal, not dps. Don't get me wrong, I get that dpsing is good but as I've said but the community of this game and the mindset of healers having dps comes off as a bunch of elitist dicks that are enforcing it and even Yoshi P said he didn't like it, especially when new players see people talk about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, it is quite noticeable if you've gotten used to it because YOU have been the healer for so long.
    I've done thousands of dungeons but on a normal average run, your healer isn't going to be spamming dps abilities.

DRG looks neat, lets see if they ruin it for females again because "Girls have to show skin!!11".
    During the Live Letter it was the same when the Female Aura next to Yoshi-P's Lala equipped it.

During the Live Letter it was the same when the Female Aura next to Yoshi-P's Lala equipped it.
    I saw that and I was so happy.

I like the WHM one.
    It's akin to the archetypal Vivi look they seem fond to have us modeled after...and that's fine, especially compared to the AF2 set BLM had. A brown paper sack over our head paired with a Speedo would've been better than that abomination.

DRK one looks like parts AF2 combined with Behemoth King (pvp heavy armor set) and the Hellfire set.

Most tanks don't use every gcd though because it's not needed half the time. It just depends on the content you're doing though.
    Most tanks don't what?

What kind of terrible tanks do you run with where they sit on GCDs outside of *very* specific tank swap mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Most tanks don't what?

What kind of terrible tanks do you run with where they sit on GCDs outside of *very* specific tank swap mechanics?
    The OP said used every gcd, I misinterpreted it as abilities so I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Cross server party finder w/ passwords.

I know y'all were just chatting. Just wanted to point out that it was possible.

At least, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about it. I never use PF.
    I forgot that was functional already!

Not sure if Faroth is playing on EU servers. I don't think x-realm party works across datacenters.
    But yes, I'm on Gilgamesh....

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Guess we simply shouldn't use defensive cooldowns, and sit in every single AoE. You know, so healer has something to do.
    We've intentionally done this before.
    Our healer berated us, but we insisted we had their best interest at heart, for fear of them getting bored.
    Our healer said they hate us all, but still remains our friend and even still heals for us! ^_^

WE'RE THE BEST GROUP A HEALER COULD ASK FOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    No, thats not an mmo thing, thats a wow thing. Thats why I say, after all is said and done, WoW has ruined the mmo genre. These games used to about giving you a world to lose yourself in, to create experiences. Now their just spreadsheets with graphics. Wow players keep spreading out and trying to turn every game into another wow. I never saw these kinds of attitudes in other mmos on such a large scale until wow came out. If you want a certain playstyle out of the people your grouping with, build your own group. Otherwise accept that a random queue is random, play the best you can play, then move on.
    That's because WoW became a phenomenon and drew in a deluge of non-MMORPG players. That's what I mean when I say you don't necessarily want more players for the sake of more players. You get the XBox Live competitive shooter crowd, the hyper casual crowd, you start catering to all of them and you dilute the product you were originally creating to your vision if all you care about are numbers and the money that comes with it.

And that's a very real concern people should have for FFXIV because Yoshida may be a rock star that saved the company and somewhat a franchise, but corporate Square Enix can still overrule him if they see something is generating money even if contrary to his vision of the direction he's guiding the ship towards.

Luckily, for now, Square seems happy to let him do what he wants while they cash in on $150-$200 action figures.... *twitches and resists pre-ordering Cloud... heaven help me when Tifa is put up for pre-order.... Fran is on wait list already (she's cheaper though)* >_o

Yet they have a Vincent statue that's on pre-order wait list and it's only a mere $50.... give me the whole case in that quality and I'll buy them one after another, but nooooooo $150 action figures...

I like the WHM one.
    But that's true Vivi quality BLMery there! D:

I kinda like DRK better than what they've had previously, but I don't play DRK so I've not stared at their sets much.

I hope Samurai get a set with hakama pants instead of the robe design at some point. Gosetsu has 'em already.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-05-23 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Most tanks don't what?

Maybe (hopefully) conflating gcd with cd?

Edit: Nevermind the question, but leaving it here for context.