Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Ooooo, that you just buy with gil? I gotta find those.
    Just to clarify since I can't tell, your actual gear doesn't benefit you at all in POTD. It's one of the reasons I level almost exclusively through it. You can go in literally naked and be just fine, as long as your aether levels are satisfactory.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Ooooo, that you just buy with gil? I gotta find those.
    Yes.

50 - Ishgard, Pillars, Jeweled Crozier.
    52 - Dravanian Forelands, Tailfeather / Loth ast Vath.
    54 - Churning Mists, Moghome.
    56 - Sea of Clouds, Ok'Zundu.
    58 - Dravanian Hinterlands, Idyllshire.
    60 - Azys Lla, Helix.

Quick question: If I buy the normal edition of Stormblood on Steam, would it be possible to upgrade to the "Collector's Edition" later on?

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    Quick question: If I buy the normal edition of Stormblood on Steam, would it be possible to upgrade to the "Collector's Edition" later on?
    Yes, through the mog station and square enix store though, I'm not sure if having the steam version would complicate anything or not, but I can't imagine so

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Yes, through the mog station and square enix store though, I'm not sure if having the steam version would complicate anything or not, but I can't imagine so
    On the square page it says the games there won't work with the steam version of the game. So if he's buying it there I'd guess he already has the steam version, so upgrading to the CE not work through the square enix store. I think he'd have to go through the mog station for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    On the square page it says the games there won't work with the steam version of the game. So if he's buying it there I'd guess he already has the steam version, so upgrading to the CE not work through the square enix store. I think he'd have to go through the mog station for it.
    I do indeed have the Steam version of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, I was considering buying Stormblood through it as well but I can't afford the Collector's Edition at the moment so I was hoping I could upgrade later.

I'm not sure if it works for the Steam version (I don't see why it wouldn't) but you can click on "Your Account" and then "Digital Upgrade" in the Mog Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Just to clarify since I can't tell, your actual gear doesn't benefit you at all in POTD. It's one of the reasons I level almost exclusively through it. You can go in literally naked and be just fine, as long as your aether levels are satisfactory.
    Yeah, it's awesome. I was just worried about what happens when I go in with no gear and then I'm lvl 50 with no gear still because I just leveled through potd.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yes.

50 - Ishgard, Pillars, Jeweled Crozier.
    52 - Dravanian Forelands, Tailfeather / Loth ast Vath.
    54 - Churning Mists, Moghome.
    56 - Sea of Clouds, Ok'Zundu.
    58 - Dravanian Hinterlands, Idyllshire.
    60 - Azys Lla, Helix.
    Thank you! Very helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I do indeed have the Steam version of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, I was considering buying Stormblood through it as well
    Do not consider. AFAIK you have to.
    Once you go steam with FF, you are essentially locked into it because other codes won't be compatible.

Don't ask me why, I find it stupid too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    51-60, matched. You'll want your aetherpool to be ~30ish, going in lower than that means you're gonna need to stick with someone else and pray you don't get left behind 1v1ing a mob. even if you get matched with a bunch of the worst palace has to offer, it'll be faster than trying to solo.

If you're aetherpool is below 30, you'll wanna run 1-50 (you need to clear 50 to be able to start at 51) until you're there. it's also a good practice to get skills (somewhat) organically so you can put them on your bars as you go instead of having to start at 60 and figure out where everything needs to go. good practice would be to aim for Aetherpool + 30 if you want to turn in for weapons.

before you panic, 51-60 is a lot easier than 49-50.

How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?

The general rule is either everything is through Steam, or nothing is. You can't mix and match.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How do I upgrade my weapon though, people won't go for chests if I run matched. Is there a guaranteed upgrade at the end of 50?
    Just let them know you're looking for silvers, most groups won't really care that much. That said, even in speed running groups, when you DO come across silvers you'll get the upgrades that way. Best way to get upgrades though is to run floors 1-50 until you're ~30-40 and then run 51-100 to get the rest. 51-60 is usually speed runs where people just want to get to the exit, but as I said, as long as you're not running 2+ rooms away to grab a chest most groups won't care if you just let them know what you want to do. It's the fine tooth combing on the dungeons that bothers people, since it can take a 10-12 minute run and turn it into a 15-20 minute run and those extra minutes add up.

Yes, you get 1/1 Aether for clearing 50. However, once you have your 50 clear, I don't advise ever doing 1-50 again. The rewards for Aether, XP and Tomestones will be shit compared to doing 51+. Make sure you maintain at least +13 Aether so you never get locked out of 51+. Then spam 51-60. Stick with others, ask if you can check for silvers, grab what you can find as you go. I'd keep spamming those floors until you get in the ~50 range, then start venturing deeper. By the time you're in the 70's, go for your floor 100 clear. This way you're not a complete gimp on those low floors.

Once you have your 100 clear, you can get the Kinna upgrades. Again, keep +13 Aether to stay in the 51+ range. When you're more confident with POTD mechanics and floor enemies, you can scout around more freely on your own, long as your Aether is decent(preferably yellow for the floor range you're in). A tip: Make use of those Strength and Steel poms. They buff your ability to solo considerably, and TBH saving them only for bosses is wasteful. Use them to speed up trash clears.

51-60 are nearly always people wanting a quick clear for xp. Run the other floors. You need to clear 100 if you want the Kinna upgrade anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Do not consider. AFAIK you have to.
    Once you go steam with FF, you are essentially locked into it because other codes won't be compatible.

Don't ask me why, I find it stupid too.
    That's unfortunate since it means I'll miss out on the pre-order items and will have a late start but I appreciate the information.

I just had a thought: The countdown illustrations would make perfect birthday cards.
    Sad part? Only for those whose birthday is the 15th and younger.

That's unfortunate since it means I'll miss out on the pre-order items and will have a late start but I appreciate the information.
    No you won't. Buy through steam, start the setup (you can abort it later), get your "CD key".
    There will be a preorder-key. Redeem it in Mog station and start playing on the 16th.

You can read out and redeem the actual game key on the 20th. Not before.

After that you can cancel the setup, if you have the client already installed somewhere else, like me.

While the final Palace Weapon is a 255 (first step 235), I thought it would be worth mentioning that you can do the Centurio Seal hunts in Ishgard for an ilvl 200 weapon. Super quick to get the seals needed for the ilvl 200 gear. I got the pants, chest, and gloves in 2 days (the rank 3 dailies one day, all the dailies + weekly the next). 2 accessories per day of the daily posted hunts.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-06 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Yes, you get 1/1 Aether for clearing 50. However, once you have your 50 clear, I don't advise ever doing 1-50 again. The rewards for Aether, XP and Tomestones will be shit compared to doing 51+. Make sure you maintain at least +13 Aether so you never get locked out of 51+. Then spam 51-60. Stick with others, ask if you can check for silvers, grab what you can find as you go. I'd keep spamming those floors until you get in the ~50 range, then start venturing deeper. By the time you're in the 70's, go for your floor 100 clear. This way you're not a complete gimp on those low floors.

Once you have your 100 clear, you can get the Kinna upgrades. Again, keep +13 Aether to stay in the 51+ range. When you're more confident with POTD mechanics and floor enemies, you can scout around more freely on your own, long as your Aether is decent(preferably yellow for the floor range you're in). A tip: Make use of those Strength and Steel poms. They buff your ability to solo considerably, and TBH saving them only for bosses is wasteful. Use them to speed up trash clears.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    51-60 are nearly always people wanting a quick clear for xp. Run the other floors. You need to clear 100 if you want the Kinna upgrade anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    While the final Palace Weapon is a 235, I thought it would be worth mentioning that you can do the Centurio Seal hunts in Ishgard for an ilvl 200 weapon. Super quick to get the seals needed for the ilvl 200 gear. I got the pants, chest, and gloves in 2 days (the rank 3 dailies one day, all the dailies + weekly the next). 2 accessories per day of the daily posted hunts.

I'm not really interested in the Weapon outside of the dungeon. Because you can get a 235 from doing frontlines 2 times. I'm more interested in getting a higher Aether-level (or whatever you call it) so I can level my SAM inside PotD.

I've heard quick clears are actually the most efficient way to level up the armor and weapon, because you are bound to run into a room with a silver chest here and there and you are never guaranteed to get one if you explore a floor.

At worst, I'll just spam 1-10 till my SAM is 60. 10% for a 7-10min run isn't so bad.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-06-06 at 03:44 PM.