1. #34601
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Ever had a "heal only" healer in PotD? I have, and it's basically a waste of a spot.
    This. So much this. Even if someone's Aether is shit, a DPS is going to do damage. A Healer who sits around watching everyone else on the expectation they have to save you is dead weight in 1-100 POTD.

  2. #34602
    Scarab Lord Anzaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Then ... how about designing dungeons where I actually have to .. you know heal? And not twiddle my thumbs 80% of the time (hence DPS)?

    This "heal-DPS" thing wouldn't be an issue if FF-XIVs non savage/ex content wasn't hilariously undertuned from a healers point of view.
    Even then, what happens when people out-gear it? Have very brutal item level scaling?

  3. #34603
    The Insane Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    18,361
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    My point was even if the healers did zero dps, the content would have still been cleared. I also said a good healer is already doing dps when the healing is low and he has mana and time to spare. Berating healers for not dpsing, when that dps is not actually required to complete content, is silly.
    I prefer my group mates to NOT stand around watching Netflix 50% of the time just because the game developer thinks "standing around is okay, content will die anyway".

    As a DPS/tank they expect me to do some "bäm!!/be active and pick up mobs ASAP while juggling threat etc etc.
    I think it is fair that I expect them to CAST instead of standing around.

  4. #34604
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Some speculation on my part included amongst the spoilery stuff:

    I've expected Yugiri to die ever since the original VA was found dead IRL. Pertaining to Y'shtola, this will likely be a ploy to move her out of the main picture for a while, but not permanently. With all of the new cast coming into view, it's getting pretty crowded, so I'm expecting some of the main cast to be killed off; Yugiri, as I noted, would be the one I suspect the most to take a dirt nap.
    Problem with that first theory's background reason.... Yugiri has three English voice actresses. Paulette Ivory in A Realm Reborn, Sian Blake in Heavensward, who was found dead, and now Eleanor Matsuura. I could still see her being killed, though despite being a new addition, Gensetsu would possibly make more sense in a Samurai giving his life for his lord. I could see Y'shtola having a long recovery since Alisae is taking a bigger role alongside Alphinaud.
    Lyse is obviously a big deal. Thancred was barely seen in the trailer, though. I wonder part he'll play. He was absent often after his return in HW as well.

  5. #34605
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Problem with that first theory's background reason.... Yugiri has three English voice actresses. Paulette Ivory in A Realm Reborn, Sian Blake in Heavensward, who was found dead, and now Eleanor Matsuura. I could still see her being killed, though despite being a new addition, Gensetsu would possibly make more sense in a Samurai giving his life for his lord. I could see Y'shtola having a long recovery since Alisae is taking a bigger role alongside Alphinaud.
    Lyse is obviously a big deal. Thancred was barely seen in the trailer, though. I wonder part he'll play. He was absent often after his return in HW as well.
    Ooo, I was unaware there was an English VA for her prior to Sian Blake. Well, that puts a damper on that idea.

    Thancred getting the axe/sword would be disappointing, really, since he's been brought back into the fold and...well, yeah, that's about it. Would be a waste,
    really. I'd file away Gosetsu in similar territory; it would be a bit too soon to have him killed off, IMO...but as you noted, it could be the whole SAM "My life for Hien" schtick that gets him killed. Maybe they will indeed go through with Y'shtola being dead (since they kinda sorta hinted at her withering away due to using her aether to "see"), but like many others, I am skeptical they would show her actually getting killed in a pre-xpac trailer like this.

  6. #34606
    The events in that preview made me think of the following:

    Spoiler tags interfere with links... so even though this isn't directly related to FFXIV, don't click the link if you don't want any potential Stormblood spoilers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94W7M4HOKw
    Deliliah is getting married to McGee soon, but oh no! She passes out!! Turns out she's exhausted from work, wedding planning and... being pregnant which she hadn't yet realized. No deaths. Just stuff strung together in a way to fool you/build hype and make you watch it.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-06-07 at 06:04 PM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

  7. #34607
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I prefer my group mates to NOT stand around watching Netflix 50% of the time just because the game developer thinks "standing around is okay, content will die anyway".

    As a DPS/tank they expect me to do some "bäm!!/be active and pick up mobs ASAP while juggling threat etc etc.
    I think it is fair that I expect them to CAST instead of standing around.
    My thoughts exactly. As long as they're casting something appropriate, I don't care. So if the content were tuned around them needing to heal the whole time, I wouldn't care if they didn't DPS. By appropriate I just mean useful, as casting protect over and over to "just be casting" would be worse than just standing around because it's a waste of mana.

  8. #34608
    Scarab Lord Anzaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Spoiler tags interfere with links..
    "This video contains content from CBS CID, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

  9. #34609
    3:15+ in the video is simply amazing. I cannot wait to do that in-game as it appears to be a dungeon? or a Scenario or bit of both.

  10. #34610
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar: Tsunako
    Posts
    15,030
    http://www.gigabyte.jp/Press/News/-99

    You too can get some plush or the encyclopedia with your new motherboard.

  11. #34611
    Unless i missed it have they not said what RDM's limit break is? i know SAM's is Getsuga Tensho macrob8 but i dont think i've seen RDM's anywhere.

    Part of me still hopes its an aoe like BLMs but half the damage and the other half is healing the party near the boss but i know thats never happening
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  12. #34612
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Unless i missed it have they not said what RDM's limit break is? i know SAM's is Getsuga Tensho macrob8 but i dont think i've seen RDM's anywhere.

    Part of me still hopes its an aoe like BLMs but half the damage and the other half is healing the party near the boss but i know thats never happening
    You actually see a bit of it in the latest trailer. I'm to lazy to find out the time for you but it happens during the skill showcasing near the end of the trailer. Its a giant red explosion of style.

  13. #34613
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    You actually see a bit of it in the latest trailer. I'm to lazy to find out the time for you but it happens during the skill showcasing near the end of the trailer. Its a giant red explosion of style.
    Isn't that just the skill that procs from Jolt II if you dont use ver aero or ver thunder?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  14. #34614

  15. #34615
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Isn't that just the skill that procs from Jolt II if you dont use ver aero or ver thunder?
    You mean Impact or whatever? No as far as everything I've seen that ones animation is a small flower thingy. The one in this trailer has a a long cast time that fits a LB.

    Yeah what Kaelwryn posted is what I was referring to. It actually seems single target too as its similar to the MNK one.

  16. #34616
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    ^
    What happened in my pants after watching that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah what Kaelwryn posted is what I was referring to. It actually seems single target too as its similar to the MNK one.
    Looks like Deathflare on steroids to me.

  17. #34617
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Noiyce. I wonder if thats meant to be Dual Flare?
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  18. #34618
    Haven't seen it myself, and I don't know where they got the info/saw it, but my friend said the BLM's new artifact has /visor capabilities for that eyepatch! Figured some BLMs would like to know.

  19. #34619
    Bloodsail Admiral Gutler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sweet Apple Acres
    Posts
    1,086
    RDM LB3 would do megumin proud.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2017-06-07 at 07:26 PM.

    Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

  20. #34620
    Well shit, the desynth markets finally died for HW mats. Desynthed 500k of tools from matoyas cave and usually that was 800k of mats, currently going for around 270k, ouch. Along with things like glassfiber dropping from 60k to 5k theres no endgame mats worth more than ARR ones now. At least i hit 170 for SB.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •