Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    SAM does have one ability that heals beyond the same cross role one that the rest have. But you have to time an ability so you take damage within its 3 sec window to proc an ability that you can then either push a heal button or another dps button with.
    Cool thx for the info.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Huh? My Cat doesn't have a brown nose. Iirc it's only one face that has the brown nose.
    Yeah - sadly I ended up liking it most, despite the fact that it has brown nose, wish it'd be facial feature -option.

Before used same face as you are now, but sadly it's eyebrows started to bug me. And overall other three faces felt too "happy" in their neutral state.

Just got a ravana que to pop and sure enough had a "wtf when did they add a new class" from every greenleaf in their when their cutscene ended. Theres always some.

But i got 7 commendations from people going 'show us the lb!'

I've spent majority of the day...killing hunts. Lol

You need 250 allied seals per zone to get the max rank mount speed. 250 centurio per zone for HW areas. Have all but one of the HW areas done already, but still have quite a few ARR ones to go. Had I not been spending allied seals on unidentified items the past month or so, I would've easily walked into the xpac with them capped. Oh well.

Oh, on that note: The tiger mount they showed? 3000 A rank kills plus 2000(!) S rank kills. This thing's gonna take forever...I'm right at 700 S rank kills and that's over the span of 2 years.

That first BLM job quest...that was a thrill. Looking forward to getting to 70 for Polyglot/Foul.

That moment when u spend $10 to get a sex change and forget that the 30day membership gave u one.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Yeah - sadly I ended up liking it most, despite the fact that it has brown nose, wish it'd be facial feature -option.
    Before used same face as you are now, but sadly it's eyebrows started to bug me. And overall other three faces felt too "happy" in their neutral state.
    Ifalna doesn't look happy at all. More like "Her mind is in another world worrying about deeply spiritual problems".

Been a very long time but didn't FF allow us to adjust mouth shape and angle? I distantly remember taking care of NOT creating a face with a permanent LEGO™ smile.

At any rate, your cats are all adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Even worse than the WoD spyglass fiasco. Literally hundreds if not thousands piled around one quest NPC. Genius move to put solo instances at the start of the MSQ and SAM quest line. Absolutely brilliant. And SE slow as ever to correct the issue. Requesting refund from Amazon now, might check the game out again later this year. Going to play BDO in the mean time.
    Not going as far as to request a refund but I do think some of the "but it should be expected!" bit is a bit nonsense. They're paid professionals and should have had the foresight to predict severe issues with a single hard bottleneck that requires their instance servers for the entire MSQ at the very beginning of it. They should have planned around it with allowing it to be queued into, the length reduced, or have the GMs herding sheep to keep a flow going.

Right now everyone is waiting for limited available slots for a 20 minute duty that everyone has to complete to get through, EU is going into prime time so it's going to get massively worse, and NA is already bogged down hard at 12:30 EST and is going to snowball out of control in the next few hours unless they do something.

Player formed lines aren't working either with people on servers forming them reporting they're only moving because people get to the front and still get stuck for forever so people just jump out to do other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Not going as far as to request a refund but I do think some of the "but it should be expected!" bit is a bit nonsense. They're paid professionals and should have had the foresight to predict severe issues with a single hard bottleneck that requires their instance servers for the entire MSQ at the very beginning of it.
    They know of these issues. They also know that it will even itself out over the course of a week or two.
    It's not worth to make giant expenditures for a 2 week inconvenience.

With FF-XIVs design, this is nothing that can be avoided. You NEED the MSQ, everything depends on it, so no matter where they'd have put the first scenario, the pileup would have been the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    HW had a very smooth launch because the solo instances were spaced out appropriately specifically to avoid bottle necks, as were the job quest solo instances. SE screwed up big time here and created one huge bottle neck by having solo instances right off the bat. Furthermore, they did something similar in ARR and should have learned from this. They are completely incompetent and have phoned in this xpac.
    You do realize that the "spacing out" does nothing to instance server load, yes?
    This is not to be confused with spreading the population out over 2+ starting areas, like WoW usually does in order to circumvent just that.

Garrison personal dungeons brought WoWs instance servers down.
    Same is happening here.

SE needs to see whether this is extended (in which case they will up server hardware) or whether it will work out by redistributing peoples playtime (those who fail to get in do sth else and check later).

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a very long time but didn't FF allow us to adjust mouth shape and angle? I distantly remember taking care of NOT creating a face with a permanent LEGO™ smile.
    Aye, there's couple mouth shape options to choose from and after purchasing like 578 Fantasia's over the last two years, I have pretty much went through all options to get to current point. I "can't" get my cat any better looking until they add more customization.

It was pretty crushing moment when they said no to both new race and improved character customization.

Also the fact that the only content to do right now is all gated. Duty finder, Palace of the Dead, and the MSQ are the only things really to do and all require strain on the instance servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It was pretty crushing moment when they said no to both new race and improved character customization.
    After Blizzard killed my beloved Draenei with their hideous new models faces (your character in HD, me arrrse!) I hope that SE never forcibly alters our characters.
    I am very sensitive to that kind of change and do not like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Fates are pretty good right now with the amount of people doing them, especially when you get to to the level Stormblood zones.

BRD is a good safe bet at the moment. Other ones probably include NIN and DRG.

is 50-60 by doing fates a good option? Or does potd eclipse it? potd has got a depressive vibe to it

Damn, that one fubar quest has made people salty as all fuck.

Hilarious note: I went to it earlier and saw a FATE next to it on the map...but no sign of an actual FATE. Got halfway across the bridge only to have a 20 foot tall bear appear with about 100 people beating its kneecaps to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Blizzard killed my beloved Draenei with their hideous new models faces (your character in HD, me arrrse!) I hope that SE never forcibly alters our characters. I am very sensitive to that kind of change and do not like it one bit.
    Mm, yeah - more of meant more choices instead.

More faces etc.

They know of these issues. They also know that it will even itself out over the course of a week or two.
    It's not worth to make giant expenditures for a 2 week inconvenience.

With FF-XIVs design, this is nothing that can be avoided. You NEED the MSQ, everything depends on it, so no matter where they'd have put the first scenario, the pileup would have been the same.
    It's just dumb to place a 15-20 minutes duty about 20 minutes into the MSQ, everyone will arrive there it the same time, creating a heavy bottleneck. If it would have beens later in the MSQ, people would've been spread out significantly more, simply because everyones lvling speed is not the same (breaks, different number of fates, exploring the zones etc). They basically have everyone queuing for the same duty right now, instead of a fraction trying to queue if it would have been later in the MSQ.

Anyway, I'll probably reach lvl 63 just by doing the two boss fates at Raubahn prior to being able to joing the duty.
    Last edited by stormgust; 2017-06-16 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you see how this alleviates pressure off the instance server? People's access to it is far more staggered.
    I agree that making the new jobs available immediately was a big mistake. These should have been gated behind level 70 (weren't DRK/AST/MCH gated too?)
    As for the MSQ: No clue how these people play, but I was online from 11:00 - 14:00, familiarized myself with the new whitemage (15 minutes) did a bit of exploring (what little you can explore up to Rhalgrs reach), gathered 5 wind aethers and did MSQ.

In these 3 hours I did not encounter any solo scenario. How much more is it supposed to be spread out?

I agree that making the new jobs available immediately was a big mistake. These should have been gated behind level 70 (weren't DRK/AST/MCH gated too?)
    I highly disagree and its the one thing I hated about HW.

A new class should not be gated behind having a max level character. Level 50 is acceptable since getting there isn't all that long. Also more people leveling the new classes equals less people trying to do the MSQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    The solo scenario is literally 15 minutes into the MSQ, I don't know how you could have missed it. You must have really stopped and smelled the flowers along the way, I was sitting alongside a hundred other people at the NPC in question by 2:20 PST.
    Hmm I played up to the point where it splits in 2 and was just back to Raubahn when my headaches forced me to stop playing.

Granted: I wasn't in much of a hurry.

I like red mage but most of the time I'm looking at my hot bar because there's so many procs
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.