The greed rule change is literally dumb. I couldn't get the only piece of healer gear that dropped because the tank won it. I get that they want it to be used for alt jobs but literally if someone is gearing up their alt job they would be fucking playing it and picking need.

Now I got an 1/8 chance to collect the gear set if it even fricking drops resulting in hours of grinding this dumb raid which fyi the new raid is terrible and the story is terrible
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The greed rule change is literally dumb. I couldn't get the only piece of healer gear that dropped because the tank won it. I get that they want it to be used for alt jobs but literally if someone is gearing up their alt job they would be fucking playing it and picking need.

Now I got an 1/8 chance to collect the gear set if it even fricking drops resulting in hours of grinding this dumb raid which fyi the new raid is terrible and the story is terrible
    Yeah it's dumb. I doubt I'll even bother using it to gear alt jobs because of the possibility of such a low chance to get anything.

Also the new normal raid roulette hardly gives any EXP. 200K at 60... should at least give trial levels of exp I'd say.

Rdm don't do as much dps but have great support but that support doesn't shine until people fuck up.
    Fixed that for you .

Then again, I don't think it's such a strong case to make. The SMN also has a res and a heal too, as well as a group damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah it's dumb. I doubt I'll even bother using it to gear alt jobs because of the possibility of such a low chance to get anything.
    Squenix seem to have forgotten the people who'll be using 24 mans as a way to catch up to the gear curve for their main jobs. They've just assumed that everyone is on the gear curve and won't have much use for gear for their main jobs. It's a dangerous assumption to make. Not everyone puts in the effort to keep their gear upto date for new content, where they habitually raise the iLevel requirements, and changes like this make life harder for those who are already on the bottom rung of the gear ladder.

Nothing good at all is going to come from this change. I've already had more than one tank ragequit the raid because someone else won "their" loot.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Fixed that for you .

Then again, I don't think it's such a strong case to make. The SMN also has a res and a heal too, as well as a group damage buff.

Squenix seem to have forgotten the people who'll be using 24 mans as a way to catch up to the gear curve for their main jobs. They've just assumed that everyone is on the gear curve and won't have much use for gear for their main jobs. It's a dangerous assumption to make. Not everyone puts in the effort to keep their gear upto date for new content, where they habitually raise the iLevel requirements, and changes like this make life harder for those who are already on the bottom rung of the gear ladder.

Nothing good at all is going to come from this change. I've already had more than one tank ragequit the raid because someone else won "their" loot.
    Smn cant spam instant cast rezes and they don't have a heal that heals as much as a healer lol

First run of Ridorana ruined by fucking 3 trolls staying in the boss room on Famfrit for god knows how long and refusing to wipe....

Apparently Japanese players primarily play on their best geared job as that increases success of the run. The ol' Japanese "the group is more important than the individual" mentality. From what I've gathered, that's a factor for the change, but I've also read that even the Japanese base isn't 100% on board with the change.

Personally, I always went in on my SAM and rolled greed on tank drops. Only one tank to compete with and if they had better for that slot, they wouldn't waste their once a week roll on a downgrade or equivalent. I found it was uncommon for people to roll on stuff they weren't running on in the first weeks, so that tank roll is a little surprising to me.

I'd not be surprised if it's changed back. It just seems detrimental, but the one item per week lockout was the part I was waiting to see how it would impact behavior on it. Outside of the weekly lock, it makes it almost the same as when the lock is removed and everyone greeds every drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

Well, they actually have all that data in front of them, so I wouldn't say they're forgetting so much as they see things we don't. People are quick to jump to "I don't like this so the developers are stupid." They usually talk about data as the reason for things being changed, but I'll agree they poorly communicated their logic behind this one.

ARR:
    8 man raids were progression gearing
    Tomestones were more casual gearing
    24 mans were catch up gearing
    Dungeon drops for a foot in the door

Now you have:
    8 man savage gearing
    8 man normal
    Tomestones from more sources than ever
    Eureka gear just below tomestones
    24 mans
    Dungeon drops (though only listed on technicality, I consider the drops a marginal catch up step now)

Am I forgetting any others? Don't hunts grant some sort of upgrade option faster than other routes?

I do feel there are too many overlapping gearing options that should be tightened up a little (though I have no idea how that would best be done).

Ultimately, though, I have a feeling this may very well get changed back. I'd even be okay keeping the need during the weekly lock out period, play the role; gear the role, but then removing need after the weekly limit is lifted. Because honestly, a fully tomestone geared tank that's 10 ilvls above the drops doesn't "need" the gear for company seals.

NOTE FOR THOSE STILL UNLOCKING 24 MAN

If your server still has the issue of a dozen or more red chocobos in Yanxia dropping meteor all over the place and you're getting "cannot spawn more mobs" when you try....... form a group.

Yes, insane, forming a group in an MMO. I know I speak blasphemy, clearly bewitched by the devil, but....

I got tired of the ridiculousness and formed a group. In seconds I had a full party of 8. Someone ran in and it spawned the adds. Everyone saw the quest marker on them, killed 2 mobs, and all 8 people got credit. I've been telling people that every time I go past that area on my way to and from the Enclave to various things in Yanxia.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-05-23 at 01:34 PM.

I never had an issue with the chocobo thing. I literally walked in let my mobs spawn then walked out while everyone around me was just spam aoeing then i walked up to trigger the cutscene

The eureka challenge log is good. It's promoting non chain groups. Overall problem though is it does not scale well at higher level and finding undead mobs is a pain for the ash challenge

- - - Updated - - -

I've said this before but eureka is really fun when you form your own group and not follow the train. It's too bad challenge log is weekly and isn't worth it if your past level 15

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Well, they actually have all that data in front of them, so I wouldn't say they're forgetting so much as they see things we don't. People are quick to jump to "I don't like this so the developers are stupid." They usually talk about data as the reason for things being changed, but I'll agree they poorly communicated their logic behind this one.
    Just because they have all the data doesn't mean they're not going to draw a stupid conclusion for it. If, as they say, they intend 24 man raids to be a catch up mechanic, then this change is a step in the wrong direction. It directly impacts the time it takes to get geared up in a negative way.

Looking at it from the other side, who actually benefits from this change? Those who are looking to gear up their alt jobs seem to be the only beneficiaries, since they can get gear no matter which role they play. Everyone else seems to be losing out. New and returning players looking to get geared for savage raids for their main jobs are directly affected. Which forces me to ask just how effective this is going to be as a catch up mechanic, it seems like more of a "rich get richer" type of change to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whomever thought of that idiotic Chocobo quest: what a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Whomever thought of that idiotic Chocobo quest: what a moron.
    Preface: I'm not directing this at you directly, I'm reiterating it as advice for others:

Group. the hell. up.

Took 30 seconds to form an 8 man.
    Took 30 seconds to kill 2 birds.
    8 people were done and moved on.

It was amusing watching the chaos for a little bit, but then I decided I wasn't going to deal with the nonsense. Formed a group, nailed it, everyone was beyond thrilled while others kept crying about it.

Do yourself a favor and shout "send tell for red chocobo group" as soon as you get there.

If you wait a few days, it might clear up, but if it's clearly chaos when you arrive, don't add to it, go direct to offering invites.

Is anyone else having some weird ass sound/skill desync in non 4man instanced content? Basically sound effects either don't go off or they're delayed. It's been throwing me off immensely because I rely on audio ques for rotational abilties. A few people reported it on reddit but it doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Group. the hell. up.
    Not necessary. The mobs do have a bit of HP but they don't hit hard and it's not a problem to dodge the meteors of 2 birds.
    It feels idiotic to group up for sth. like this.

All they need to do is fix the fact that void zones of other players quest mobs damage you. The mobs don't count if you kill them, so you shouldn't be endangered by their voids either.

Lost healer pants to a tank

Terrible now i have run this again

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not necessary. The mobs do have a bit of HP but they don't hit hard and it's not a problem to dodge the meteors of 2 birds.
    It feels idiotic to group up for sth. like this.

All they need to do is fix the fact that void zones of other players quest mobs damage you. The mobs don't count if you kill them, so you shouldn't be endangered by their voids either.
    Do people want to wait for a patch or do they want to knock it out right this minute while there are 20+ chocobos dropping meteors everywhere?

If they want to do it right now and there's meteors falling like rain, I suggest a party. It's all of 30 seconds. It's not going to kill anyone to not be an anti-social solo MMOer for 30 seconds to save some headache.

I literally got "Cannot spawn more mobs" when I first tried to get mine. That's how many people had chocobos running around. There was some suspicion of people trolling it on purpose as well.

Formed a quick party and we killed 2 birds instead of spawning 16 more individually. If it's chaos, group the hell up for now.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-05-23 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people want to wait for a patch or do they want to knock it out right this minute while there are 20+ chocobos dropping meteors everywhere?
    That was hilarious. Me and my friends are planning to do it either today or later this week, we're not rushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally got "Cannot spawn more mobs" when I first tried to get mine. That's how many people had chocobos running around. There was some suspicion of people trolling it on purpose as well.
    I'd say it was more like 8-10 Chocos running around when I did it.
    The problem wasn't the birds per se, the problem was that I did not expect them to have that much HP. Naturally I used assize and holy ... and subsequently aggroed the mobs of the other players.

Second time I was more egotistical and only used ST damage. It was annoying to dance around the meteors as a caster but manageable.

Still, don't understand why quest mobs from others damage us but when we help, they don't count.
    Even if they are the very same mob we need for our quests.
    Either share everything or nothing and stop sharing only the negative.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2018-05-23 at 09:12 PM.

The Doman Reconstruction thing is neat, I just wish it wasn't so limited on how quickly you can do it, selling 20k Gil of stuff a week is child's play. My advice, if you have Poetics to spare, buy Demicrystals and sell those.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The Doman Reconstruction thing is neat, I just wish it wasn't so limited on how quickly you can do it, selling 20k Gil of stuff a week is child's play. My advice, if you have Poetics to spare, buy Demicrystals and sell those.
    The limit may very well increase over time. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd love for them to add something similar to Ishgard to help rebuild the city...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The limit may very well increase over time. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd love for them to add something similar to Ishgard to help rebuild the city...
    That would be nice, FF isn't like WoW where things that happened an xpac ago are completely forgotten, so maybe they'd do something like that. What I'd really love to see is something else to do with levequests at 70, looking at you Eureka...

finally after 6 runs in a row I finally got a healing piece from the 24 man raid, just 4 more weeks to go....