Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    As the meme goes in Pagos, “the train is dead! Long live the chain!”
    I prefer 'The beatings will continue until morale improves' myself. That's very much the feeling I get. They're making it harder because people dared to find a way that was easier and more enjoyable than no-alternative endless grind. I really hope it bites them in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    *shrug* sometime I just want to go pop things on the head without thinking much. That's what eureka is for me. Pretty much eureka is like fishing to me. People find it boring, but I find it nice to do when i just want to sit and chill, listening to music. Doesn't demand much thought process from me.

I don't see why combat content can't be relaxing. Some times, some people just want to be a mindless grunt murdering things. Nothing wrong with that.
    Maybe not so much “relaxing” as it should be “relaxed”. Specifically the chain farming and how it’s literally non stop target dummy tunneling for ~20 minutes to complete a single 30 chain. Mind numbing and wrist destroying for some folks.

I honestly can't tell how people are OK with their subs being spent on development of that shit. It's probably the worst open world content I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I honestly can't tell how people are OK with their subs being spent on development of that shit.
    To console yourself: it's not as if "content" like Eureka would cost a lot of resources.
    Most mobs are re-used assets, sure they had to design the terrain but that's all they had to do.

If m raid group wouldn't get in there I wouldn't touch that content until major nerfs hit.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I prefer 'The beatings will continue until morale improves' myself. That's very much the feeling I get. They're making it harder because people dared to find a way that was easier and more enjoyable than no-alternative endless grind. I really hope it bites them in the ass.
    Eureka makes the Anima weapon process (even pre-nerfs) look like nirvana in comparison. Sure, there was the “ARF ‘till ya barf” approach, but I completed 8 of them pre-SB, most a result of just accumulating all the currencies via normal activities (hunts, roulettes, crafting, etc). Here we have to intentionally grind our hands off doing all of one thing.

To paraphrase a comment I made on the OF, there’s so many different things they could’ve pulled from to make Eureka fun, yet they went with “kill a billion boars” straight out of the South Park WoW episode or most any MMO prior to WoW.

I honestly can't tell how people are OK with their subs being spent on development of that shit. It's probably the worst open world content I've ever seen.
    I'm not.

Stormblood is great however. That one piece of content however is awful. Not sub cancel worthy since I can ignore it but does raise eyebrows.

Eureka pisses me off because it's the ONLY way to get your relic right now. Least with other steps you had loads of ways of doing the one stage.

Like building the stats on the Anima for example. Crafting, Leves, currency, Primal mats and so on. The amount of different ways to get the stuff needed for that was insane.

If I want my 370 right now I have to farm the exact same content I've been doing for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    To console yourself: it's not as if "content" like Eureka would cost a lot of resources.
    Most mobs are re-used assets, sure they had to design the terrain but that's all they had to do.

If m raid group wouldn't get in there I wouldn't touch that content until major nerfs hit.
    They still had a team that spent more than a year developing this atrocity. Most patches are reused assets anyway, so that's also moot point. Ivalice raids are probably based on FFXII assets, story content introduced few new models and mostly takes place in original zones of the expansion, HoH is carbon copy of PotD with Kugane Castle assets etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm not.

Stormblood is great however. That one piece of content however is awful. Not sub cancel worthy since I can ignore it but does raise eyebrows.
    Dunno about great, I liked several aspects of the story and raids (including trials) were fine with a couple of interesting bosses. Dungeons are pretty, but also very bland and there is not much reason to do them more than several times outside of expert roulette. Eureka is utter shit. That's pretty much it for those of us who stick to one main class.
    Eureka pisses me off because it's the ONLY way to get your relic right now.
    That's bad, but it would've been tolerable if at least content itself wasn't so disgusting.
    Looking for Raid.

They still had a team that spent more than a year developing this atrocity. Most patches are reused assets anyway, so that's also moot point. Ivalice raids are probably based on FFXII assets, story content introduced few new models and mostly takes place in original zones of the expansion, HoH is carbon copy of PotD with Kugane Castle assets etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno about great, I liked several aspects of the story and raids (including trials) were fine with a couple of interesting bosses. Dungeons are pretty, but also very bland and there is not much reason to do them more than several times outside of expert roulette. Eureka is utter shit. That's pretty much it for those of us who stick to one main class.

That's bad, but it would've been tolerable if at least content itself wasn't so disgusting.
    To be fair it's all subjective dude. Some like the game and some don't.

Eureka though seems to have a large number that hate it.

Me personally I love Stormblood and hate Eureka.

Just like I hated Legendaries in Legion but still liked the expansion overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I unsubbed when I saw Anemos. I'm surprised people are sticking it out through an even worse version.
    Oh I'm not. Maybe I'll do it in 4.4 but tbh my main has the 365 HoH weapon. I'll probably just get the 380 currency weapon in 4.4.

Me personally I look at an entire expansion rather than just the features alone.

As I said Legion was still awesome to me despite Legendaries.

I still like Stormblood despite Eureka. I mean if they continue with that kind of content further down the line I'll probably start getting miffed but until I stop enjoying the game I won't be unsubbing personally.

To be fair it's all subjective dude. Some like the game and some don't.
    I'm not even going to argue, I'm probably just not a target playerbase. For people who play all the classes there's shit ton to do and even more if they are bothering with crafting (which I hate most of all for purposelessly convoluted system that can be macro'd in one button).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I unsubbed when I saw Anemos. I'm surprised people are sticking it out through an even worse version.
    It made me unsub too when I asked myself why am I spending hours running around through mobs who can one shot me to bosses who will one shot me, while I'm dealing next to no damage to them and afk for 20 minutes between pulls. This all feels like that last battle from Doctor Strange movie: you die until boss is fed up with killing you.
    Looking for Raid.

I'm not even going to argue, I'm probably just not a target playerbase. For people who play all the classes there's shit ton to do and even more if they are bothering with crafting (which I hate most of all for purposelessly convoluted system that can be macro'd in one button).

It made me unsub too when I asked myself why am I spending hours running around through mobs who can one shot me to bosses who will one shot me, while I'm dealing next to no damage to them and afk for 20 minutes between pulls. This all feels like that last battle from Doctor Strange movie: you die until boss is fed up with killing you.
    I wasn't intending to argue dude. I just meant it's all subjective in the end. From any side.

Maybe you aren't the target playerbase as you say and maybe it's not that? I don't know your mindset so I can't speak for you nor would I ever try to. All I can do is discuss your opinion.

As I said I enjoy Stormblood and hate Eureka. Not enough to make me unsub however. Just the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Eureka makes the Anima weapon process (even pre-nerfs) look like nirvana in comparison. Sure, there was the “ARF ‘till ya barf” approach
    Never had to do that. Sure it too longer but relic always was more of an incentive to run stuff I was in the mood of running anyway. An added bonus, so to speak.
    Now? You have to go out of your way to do it and it isn't even fun or engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said I enjoy Stormblood and hate Eureka. Not enough to make me unsub however. Just the way it is.
    Same, thankfully, Eureka isn't forced upon us.

Never had to do that. Sure it too longer but relic always was more of an incentive to run stuff I was in the mood of running anyway. An added bonus, so to speak.
    Now? You have to go out of your way to do it and it isn't even fun or engaging.

- - - Updated - - -

Same, thankfully, Eureka isn't forced upon us.
    I’ve got all the Anima weapons now and not once did I ever queue up or join a PF for farming ARF. Freaking hated that dungeon, for one, mainly due to it being what I got for 60 roulette 75% of the time. That roulette became “ARF Roulette” among my friends at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean BARF roulette.
    I remember. I disliked the dungeon mainly because of the odd scaling. Was annoying to tank.

You mean BARF roulette.
    I remember. I disliked the dungeon mainly because of the odd scaling. Was annoying to tank.
    We’re too dumb to be that clever.

I liked the jumping puzzle for the seasonal event. The glamour rewards look decent too - it's nice that they threw a bone to male characters this time around.

As for Pagos, I managed to get very close to 25. I'll likely chip away at the last bit of experience I need then use the bonus experience from the challenge log to push towards 26 once it resets tomorrow.

I was ~2/3 the way to 26 and got there with a couple of chain 30s of the Flubber Eyes or whatever it is that spawns Hakutaku (or Hot Taco as I've seen it called).

Note for anyone on WHM or BLM: Repose/Sleep works on more mobs than you may think. If there's one thing this content does well, it allows CC skills such as those to actually be worth having on your bars. Had a couple of spots where I was pulling mobs to our tank (since I have more range) and would have another mob respawn and aggro, only to swiftcase repose it, kill the one pulled to our group, then kill the sleepy head mob (which I did have to keep an eye on to reapply Repose).

I knocked out the event stuff this evening also. I like it! Nothing particularly fancy, but it's something a bit different (and there's a bonus jumping puzzle/challenge if you make it through the obstacle course for the quest). Dudes finally got a baller outfit for once; I'd rather have than over what female characters get.

@Kazela

I saw you earlier in Eureka, actually. I was going to run in and say hello but I didn't want to distract you/accidentally pull anything.

I ended up pushing through until I got to about halfway towards 26. Then the servers were about to go down for maintenance so I left. Unlocking the actual relic weapon quest chain at 25 helped make me a little more enthusiastic about Pagos. It's still a chore, but having something other than just experience to work on helps immensely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay Lv 24 .... zZzZz

Got to 27 today from Challenge Log and some chains/NMs. PSA: Tanks please use Sustain Pots, it makes my job easier.

Also, here are the Relic step requirements.

Step 1) 5 Speshul Cristals.

Step 2) 10 Speshul Cristals, 500 LOLNMneverpops Cristals.

Step 3) 16 Speshul Cristals, 5 Pazzalouie Icefeathers.

For ONE Relic. I feel sorry for anyone who wanted more than one.