1. #42821

  2. #42822
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    @Granyala - yeah so SE decided before my 10 day forum suspension was up to make it permanent. Fucking RIP. I was so tilted I actually cancelled sub and uninstalled. I wasn't really playing anyway and found the $12 a month better suited to post on the forums LOL
    I got a 10 day ban recently as well (for mentioning ACT by name, iirc) and was somewhat paranoid it would turn into a permaban, but it did not. Heck, half the subreddit for the game seems to have been banned from the OF. As you said regarding old logs, I wouldn't sweat it. Yeah, it's frustrating when you see someone being stupid on there (which is an almost daily occurrence), but it's one less thing to even worry with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh yeah the sub ransom house

    - - - Updated - - -

    Man levelling dps alt jobs right now is suffering. Heaven on High has 20-30 minute ques per floor and every job left is stuck doing bardams mettle in the dungeon finder.

    Maybe its time to step back into pvp for the first time since the Garo event
    It took 5-6 mins to add a fourth person to a matched group with myself and 2 friends last night on Aether. I found that to be rather odd, but we were doing 1-10 and 11-20 (the latter being the one that took a bit) since one of my friends had just unlocked HoH that day.

  3. #42823
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Lol, okay.
    I got permabanned for using the term "Blizz(t)ard" in a discussion about why mining aggroes mobs.
    I don't think SE is that much different in their forums in that regard.

    Well, their loss, our gain I'd say.

    Makes sense that you cancelled, there is no reason to pay if you don't play atm.
    Did the same with WoW and only hop in sporadically to check out story and new zones.
    Yeah I know that "bashing devs" is basically a ticket straight to ban town. I knew posting this was a little out of line, but I didn't expect a permaban for it. 2 strike rule, especially when the first 10 day ban was MISGUIDED as hell.

    Here's the post for context:

    Thread Title:
    How can we get more in depth character customization?

    Relevant sections from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines:
    • Posting aimed to create a negative impact on the community or its members.
    • Posting that constitutes discrimination against another forum member or group (also including forming groups for the purpose of discrimination), insults, slander, libel, harassment of a group or individual.

    Content in Violation of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum Guidelines:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruinfeild
    1.) That is more of a mindset I believe someone said between JP and NA players. NA players are all about 'faster DPS, take things down faster, that is all that matters' while JP from what I heard was the other side of it. For me, getting more DPS as a tank was pointless and made little sense even if the healers could keep me alive cause that wasn't the role I am playing. I am there to survive hits and make it easier on the healers and if both tanks did that and went down, chances are it is a wipe. People in NA may not like it but get used to the fact that tanks are just that, tanks.
    No. good players are all about faster DPS, and bad players are all about "whatever they think is best".

    As for before the change, I never once went the same route as other tanks and stacked STR gear (I was playing with friends of course) and we did encounters just fine
    You also don't do anything outside of trivial content where you couldn't actually fail even if all you did was press Rage of Halone over and over again.

    Which uh, you did....

    https://www.fflogs.com/reports/6XAQJ...alse&source=17

    As for cleric stance, that I really want a source since you seem pretty clear on saying the players complaining about this and that (which I doubt you speak for the entire player base).
    Cleric stance was pretty widely accepted as clunky (which is bad) across all forms of media (Here, reddit, etc.).

    ----------------------------------------------

    Like I said, I probably deserved the 10 day. I knew that going in, but I couldn't let that nonsense go. It was like patently wrong on all counts. He made his logs private, but for context, he had an average of sub 9% on all recorded logs. In those logs, whether he was OT/MT he simply spammed rage of halone over and over, with only sparingly using his oGCDs and didn't even use Holy Spirit at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's some interesting rumours about the moderation team on the official forum being compromised. I'm inclined to believe it, since the knee jerk reaction to punishing people on the official forum seems to be overly harsh and often ignores nuances.
    Compromised how though? I suppose it's possible they have some hyper carebear on the moderator team (I used to be a mod for a car forum that had a staggeringly large user base and I've seen other mods abuse power), but either way it just seems like they hardline the rules, like some underdeveloped country where walking outside or stealing carries a death penalty.

    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Seriously, that's just stupid AF. It really is the double-edged sword of their 'the beatings will continue until politeness improves' approach to player interaction. The idea that people can't treat others like crap in chat is a nice idea, but at the same time it also empowers the mindset that any possible slight, real or imagined, should be met with severe repercussion. Hence the carebear hugspace rep the game has.
    Like I said above - I "probably" deserved a ban (not perma IMO). That said, it's definitely some carebear hug space shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I got a 10 day ban recently as well (for mentioning ACT by name, iirc) and was somewhat paranoid it would turn into a permaban, but it did not. Heck, half the subreddit for the game seems to have been banned from the OF.
    Lol yep. That was my first 10 day ban. I was like O_o? really? It wasn't even a bad post. Someone had made a comment about ACT (EVEN USING IT IN THEIR POST) and how it was useless and toxic because it doesn't show context like res's and stuff, and I chimed in explaining that it does, and where/how.

    I got banned for that. Crazy.

  4. #42824
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Compromised how though? I suppose it's possible they have some hyper carebear on the moderator team (I used to be a mod for a car forum that had a staggeringly large user base and I've seen other mods abuse power), but either way it just seems like they hardline the rules, like some underdeveloped country where walking outside or stealing carries a death penalty.
    There's speculation that the moderation team deliberately leaves controversial threads open so that they can fulfill whatever quotas they have been set instead of simply closing down problematic threads. Furthermore, context is often ignored and some people have been banned for using swear words - not aimed at anyone in particular - that are used within FFXIV itself.

  5. #42825
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's speculation that the moderation team deliberately leaves controversial threads open so that they can fulfill whatever quotas they have been set instead of simply closing down problematic threads. Furthermore, context is often ignored and some people have been banned for using swear words - not aimed at anyone in particular - that are used within FFXIV itself.
    True story, my best friend's wife worked for an English-Japanese translation service and all their business was supposed to go through their chat client. One prospective client asked her if he could contract her outside the service and pay her through Paypal, she explained no, according to the TOS she couldn't do that. And a short time later she was blacklisted from their service. Just the MENTION of Paypal was enough to trip an autoban. They didn't care about context.

  6. #42826
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Cleric stance was pretty widely accepted as clunky (which is bad) across all forms of media (Here, reddit, etc.).
    It was, but I still kinda liked it. Always felt like I was taking risks and really had to be careful while squeezing out as much damage as possible between needing to pick people up.

    Now you can just kinda do it all at once and it's not nearly as interesting. Wish there was some middle ground there.

  7. #42827
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It was, but I still kinda liked it. Always felt like I was taking risks and really had to be careful while squeezing out as much damage as possible between needing to pick people up.

    Now you can just kinda do it all at once and it's not nearly as interesting. Wish there was some middle ground there.
    I honestly prefer being able to DPS on the fly now without having to switch stances. It reduces risk and encourages more people to do it. I do wish that they made it more of a decision though, where DPS spells cost more or something so there is an actual decision being made when casting the spells, but I don't mind the current situation that much.

    Old Cleric Stance was just too clunky, current situation isn't great, but IMO it's better than it was.

  8. #42828
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I honestly prefer being able to DPS on the fly now without having to switch stances. It reduces risk and encourages more people to do it. I do wish that they made it more of a decision though, where DPS spells cost more or something so there is an actual decision being made when casting the spells, but I don't mind the current situation that much.

    Old Cleric Stance was just too clunky, current situation isn't great, but IMO it's better than it was.
    While i agree with you somehow i think the majority of healers would be happier if if they straight removed all dps abilities from healer jobs. I have the feeling that especially in this game, in my experience of course, people who i played with dont just want to bother with it. I usually dont care but the times i seen an argument about that while i was in groups ect. is uncountable

  9. #42829
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    While i agree with you somehow i think the majority of healers would be happier if if they straight removed all dps abilities from healer jobs. I have the feeling that especially in this game, in my experience of course, people who i played with dont just want to bother with it. I usually dont care but the times i seen an argument about that while i was in groups ect. is uncountable
    Well healers still have to be able to do solo content like the msq. Unless they want to make dps jobs to tie to whm and ast like how sch gets smn for free.

  10. #42830
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Well healers still have to be able to do solo content like the msq. Unless they want to make dps jobs to tie to whm and ast like how sch gets smn for free.
    It was just a quick example, they are multiple method to achive that like dmg spell costing much more mana or putting a debuff on heal, thats not the issue i think everybody understand what i meant

  11. #42831
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    While i agree with you somehow i think the majority of healers would be happier if if they straight removed all dps abilities from healer jobs. I have the feeling that especially in this game, in my experience of course, people who i played with dont just want to bother with it. I usually dont care but the times i seen an argument about that while i was in groups ect. is uncountable
    My experience is the complete opposite. And honestly, I'm completely on the side of healers doing DPS, not because they "have to" but because it's wasted potential otherwise, usually. The vast majority of the time a healer does not spend every GCD casting a healing spell, which means they have free GCD's to spare, and it's usually quite a few. If you're going to choose to do nothing instead of contribute something, that's just laziness and should not be encouraged IMO.

  12. #42832
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My experience is the complete opposite. And honestly, I'm completely on the side of healers doing DPS, not because they "have to" but because it's wasted potential otherwise, usually. The vast majority of the time a healer does not spend every GCD casting a healing spell, which means they have free GCD's to spare, and it's usually quite a few. If you're going to choose to do nothing instead of contribute something, that's just laziness and should not be encouraged IMO.
    Again, i agree with that. Is just my experience with the game. I actually made some similiar few experiences in other mmos but FFXIV has also this, lets call it "chill" mentality in the community where i have the feeling people want to be lazy.

  13. #42833
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    My experience is the complete opposite. And honestly, I'm completely on the side of healers doing DPS, not because they "have to" but because it's wasted potential otherwise, usually. The vast majority of the time a healer does not spend every GCD casting a healing spell, which means they have free GCD's to spare, and it's usually quite a few. If you're going to choose to do nothing instead of contribute something, that's just laziness and should not be encouraged IMO.
    Well, if I could choose I'd pick, "More engaging healing" over "Healers doing DPS" but that's what we've got.

    Then again, there were times when I'd DPS as a healer in WoW, too. Either because it was progression and already tight on DPS checks but healing wasn't too bad (OP Cata Resto Druid) or it was trivial content and I could do absurd damage sometimes. (Legion Holy Pally) So who knows. I guess it's not completely a XIV thing.

  14. #42834
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, if I could choose I'd pick, "More engaging healing" over "Healers doing DPS" but that's what we've got.

    Then again, there were times when I'd DPS as a healer in WoW, too. Either because it was progression and already tight on DPS checks but healing wasn't too bad (OP Cata Resto Druid) or it was trivial content and I could do absurd damage sometimes. (Legion Holy Pally) So who knows. I guess it's not completely a XIV thing.
    yeah you are absolutly right this is not a ffxiv exclusive thing and also happens in WoW to in some capacity.

  15. #42835
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Again, i agree with that. Is just my experience with the game. I actually made some similiar few experiences in other mmos but FFXIV has also this, lets call it "chill" mentality in the community where i have the feeling people want to be lazy.
    I don't mind, terribly, when people want to be "lazy" because they're just over the content and are doing the bare minimum to clear it, but obviously have the capability to do more...but just aren't. So long as they're not being a detriment to the group and we're going smoothly, I don't tend to get bent out of shape over it. The people I hear screaming the loudest, and who bother me the most, are those who simply refuse to play to the full potential of the class because they are filling some RP role and their head canon for their character just doesn't want them to cast DPS spells or whatever. You know, the "you don't pay my sub" type of stuff, I play a healer to heal mentality. As I said, it has nothing to do with performance, per se, it's just completely wasted potential. A DPS wouldn't be able to get by with completely wasted GCDs, and neither would a tank, so why should a healer? Outside of a few special cases where the healer is saving mana for a fight they don't know or are deliberately being cautious, there's really no game play/ mechanical/ performance based reason why they SHOULD'T be casting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, if I could choose I'd pick, "More engaging healing" over "Healers doing DPS" but that's what we've got.

    Then again, there were times when I'd DPS as a healer in WoW, too. Either because it was progression and already tight on DPS checks but healing wasn't too bad (OP Cata Resto Druid) or it was trivial content and I could do absurd damage sometimes. (Legion Holy Pally) So who knows. I guess it's not completely a XIV thing.
    I agree, I'd rather have healing itself be more involved, but then balancing becomes a huge nightmare, like in WoW where as gear levels increase the healing output gets so crazy high that you're back to where you started initially. I'm just not sure there's a way to get away from healers casting DPS spells to fill the gaps because they just don't need to cast a healing spell every GCD.

  16. #42836
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's speculation that the moderation team deliberately leaves controversial threads open so that they can fulfill whatever quotas they have been set instead of simply closing down problematic threads. Furthermore, context is often ignored and some people have been banned for using swear words - not aimed at anyone in particular - that are used within FFXIV itself.
    That would explain why threads like the recent request for non-binary character options and the subsequent shitshow it turned into (to the surprise of few if any, I dare suspect).

  17. #42837
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I won't touch HoH because of how long the queues are, which is really sad, I was hoping to use that almost exclusively to grind levels on alt jobs.
    If you're looking to speed run to grind levels, using party finder to make a group just for that is probably a good idea to try out.

  18. #42838
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That would explain why threads like the recent request for non-binary character options and the subsequent shitshow it turned into (to the surprise of few if any, I dare suspect).
    Yeah, that thread is an absolute mess.

  19. #42839
    Speaking of HoH, I had someone gripe at me this morning for linking Echo Drops in chat when they ran into an impeding trap as a caster. I was on BRD and they made some snide comment about what a shame it was they didn't have a BRD to use Warden's Paean. I pointed out it's not guaranteed to clear Silence under that circumstance and I save it for myself anyways to handle impeding traps. They pointed out you can use Echo Drops on others, I said 'see above'. They again make a snide comment about how dangerous silence is to BRD, and I point out that no, it's because I can knock Silence off with Echo Drops and then be guaranteed to remove Pacification with Warden's. They then proceed to call me a selfish douche.

    Yeah. You're the one who didn't bring a potion that costs 99 Gil per use and I'M the selfish douche.

    Also examined the person in question and they had all crafters maxed, so just before the run ended I pointed out Echo Drops are really easy to make.

  20. #42840
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    If you're looking to speed run to grind levels, using party finder to make a group just for that is probably a good idea to try out.
    I've done that before, and it's functional, but I've done the dungeons so many times at this point the prospect just holds zero appeal. At least with PotD/ HoH the party make-up can be different, it's a little different each time, it can go by quickly, you get tomestones, etc... so it just doesn't have the same mind numbingly boring feel that dungeon grinding does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •