15+ Year Old Account
    Well be it monster, zombie, or voidsent filled husk of a cat i love it for all its squshiness

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Japan and English both went the wrong way.......They should have described the fat cat as a normal cat that grew large and has just kept growing throughout its unnaturally long life. Through travel and experiencing the world, this fluffy cat is well on its way towards its dream of becoming an auspice.

So it's no surprise WoW is at a low point despite Battle for Dazar A'lor being one of the best raids in a very long time. Not only that I've been in a bit of a emotional rollercoaster lately to try and cheer me up, but it turns out that my one IRL bud is gonna give FF14 a try. Which then cascaded to my guild leader trying it (although he's incredibly annoyed he can't play a DRK from day 1), and even our resident Hunter downloaded it. My brother said he would come back if I bought him the fat cat mount.

Guild Leader is a tank
    I'm a tank
    Brother is an elite melee DPS
    IRL friend is an above average melee DPS
    Hunter is a top tier ranged DPS
    Our M+ Healer already plays (is like lv 36, casual).

we got 3/4's a raid team bois.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    So it's no surprise WoW is at a low point despite Battle for Dazar A'lor being one of the best raids in a very long time. Not only that I've been in a bit of a emotional rollercoaster lately to try and cheer me up, but it turns out that my one IRL bud is gonna give FF14 a try. Which then cascaded to my guild leader trying it (although he's incredibly annoyed he can't play a DRK from day 1), and even our resident Hunter downloaded it. My brother said he would come back if I bought him the fat cat mount.

Guild Leader is a tank
    I'm a tank
    Brother is an elite melee DPS
    IRL friend is an above average melee DPS
    Hunter is a top tier ranged DPS
    Our M+ Healer already plays (is like lv 36, casual).

we got 3/4's a raid team bois.
    Glad to hear you're getting the band back together, so to speak. Just need another DPS and another healer looks like. Any class preferences? I know we're on the same data center, so wouldn't mind jumping in to help where and when I can.

I know it's not ideal, but if your guild leader REALLY wants to DRK, he can buy the boost potion for it. He'll still need to play through the MSQ, but he can do it as DRK without ever worrying about gear or leveling during the 1-60 leveling experience. Don't need to have Ishgard unlocked to buy the boost for DRK,AST or MCH, just need Heavensward "installed."

I haven't played in a while as I just have nothing in game that's driving me to come back at the moment, fuck Eureka, but I still love playing.

well baldesion arsenal is pretty fun tbh. 50 people in a raid dodging traps and coordinating was pretty cool. the entire entry and setting up groups is terribly designed though. took like an hour to get in an instance and then spawn the fate and hope nobody took portals.

hope they do another type of mega raid without it being locked behind grind content. and also have a queue system next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Glad to hear you're getting the band back together, so to speak. Just need another DPS and another healer looks like. Any class preferences? I know we're on the same data center, so wouldn't mind jumping in to help where and when I can.

I know it's not ideal, but if your guild leader REALLY wants to DRK, he can buy the boost potion for it. He'll still need to play through the MSQ, but he can do it as DRK without ever worrying about gear or leveling during the 1-60 leveling experience. Don't need to have Ishgard unlocked to buy the boost for DRK,AST or MCH, just need Heavensward "installed."

I haven't played in a while as I just have nothing in game that's driving me to come back at the moment, fuck Eureka, but I still love playing.
    Let's not jump the gun just yet. They all have to survive the leveling process and we know that is EASILY FF14's weakest point. The story is good, but that's literally it.

Tho caster is always helpful or ranged physical depending on what the hunter likes. Healer isn't bad, but I might have my old static healer down to clown.

Now that the Shadowbringer pre-order earring is out I am going hard on leveling all my classes. Started with ninja and going to have mechanist and bard follow so I can clear out all that dex gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Let's not jump the gun just yet. They all have to survive the leveling process and we know that is EASILY FF14's weakest point. The story is good, but that's literally it.

Tho caster is always helpful or ranged physical depending on what the hunter likes. Healer isn't bad, but I might have my old static healer down to clown.
    Yeah no worries, I've got one of everything at max and have no real preference for any role, more experience as DPS as anything else though and I do really like RDM but I'm not married to it lol.

Hopefully they stick with it. Offer still stands, hit me up if you need anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly just chipping away at various achievements and personal goals at this point as I wait for Shadowbringers.

man i hope machinist gets as good a rework in ShB as bard got in SB. i love the whole look of the job but it's so awkward to play atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm anyone know how to get the aetheryte earring if you preordered on PS store?

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Hmmmm anyone know how to get the aetheryte earring if you preordered on PS store?
    It should've been mailed to you. Make sure your account on mogstation is flagged for early access.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It should've been mailed to you. Make sure your account on mogstation is flagged for early access.
    Hmmm I got a pre-order confirmation email but nothing with a code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    There is a registration process that validates the purchase and then you get the code for the mog station upgrade.
    Can't remember it exactly, but there should be directions in the mail you got.
    Nope no directions just confirmation of my pre order and a link to support and the terms of service/privacy policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Japan and English both went the wrong way.......They should have described the fat cat as a normal cat that grew large and has just kept growing throughout its unnaturally long life. Through travel and experiencing the world, this fluffy cat is well on its way towards its dream of becoming an auspice.
    Immortal fat cat.

Honestly just want players to be on the same page for localization. Playing with Japanese players in PSO2 really highlighted it for me. Instead of the dismissive or stretching people go with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok it auto updated my account when i logged in today so all is good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Immortal fat cat.

Honestly just want players to be on the same page for localization. Playing with Japanese players in PSO2 really highlighted it for me. Instead of the dismissive or stretching people go with.
    It is the same page, both of the two people I actively talk to who do a lot of translating for fan stuff for 14 agree that the EN translation is fine, and even agree that the use of voidsent for bakeneko is appropriate. Its not like the EN description says it is actually a voidsent or reanimated, corpse, just that its possibly that because a giant ass cat flying on its on is basically impossible so there's must be some weird other explanation for it where as jp is like 'it might be a demon cat but its better to not think about it.' They're not really that different.

There is also the issue that the Japanese have a relation to the bakeneko, so simply having the name there gives flavour and context. And while some of us would be happy with the direct translation it would for others be another "huh?" moment.

We don't really have anything akin to the bakeneko in the west (at least not anything widely recognized), so they had to make something up to achieve a - hopefully - similar effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It is the same page, both of the two people I actively talk to who do a lot of translating for fan stuff for 14 agree that the EN translation is fine, and even agree that the use of voidsent for bakeneko is appropriate. Its not like the EN description says it is actually a voidsent or reanimated, corpse, just that its possibly that because a giant ass cat flying on its on is basically impossible so there's must be some weird other explanation for it where as jp is like 'it might be a demon cat but its better to not think about it.' They're not really that different.
    If this was the only issue it wouldn't be much of a thing, but it's a problem when the head english localizer admitted himself to preferring something sound good vs accurate. It may be "fine" for you but it's not great and extremely confusing sometimes. Certain things I understand don't translate well, but when I don't know wtf some people are talking about because the translation is derp then there's a problem. A lot of spell related stuff especially boss related ones I either die my way through it or look at a JP guide if I have to, though I do die my way through more often to learn what's going on. This is not to say it's 100% horrendous, it's just really inconsistent. Some stuff are localized really well, and some are just ... but why?
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-03-03 at 03:22 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The English localisation is a large part as to why many of us enjoy the game in the first place, though. It's very flavoursome and apparently a lot less dry than the Japanese localisation happens to be. I wouldn't have given the game any attention if it didn't instantly hook me with the writing style and atmosphere.